PDA

View Full Version : My new wheels (Non Mini)

Mini_Disaster
6th May 2010, 05:58 PM
Courtesy of JC Parts Dept, who are absolutelly spot on, it was a nice plesent drive there & back aswell, i'll be avoiding the shambles that is Eastern BMW/Mini from now on & will be using them whenever possible!!!

Thanks again for all the help sorting these for me David, your an absolute legend!!!:smilewinkgrin:

As collected :

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/9099/DSC_0044.JPG

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/9099/DSC_0043.JPG

Then fitted this morning :

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/9099/11.jpg

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/9099/21.jpg

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/9099/4.jpg

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/9099/31.jpg

I frigging LOVE them!!!!:D

N16SHP
6th May 2010, 06:25 PM
Sweet rims! Its amazing how just a set of rims can change the whole appearance of the car. You got a before pic? I hope you also slapped on some Poorboys or similar seems they are brand spanking new?

norrie
6th May 2010, 06:27 PM
What problems have you had with Eastern?

Norrie.

Mini_Disaster
6th May 2010, 06:30 PM
Yeah it sure does!!

Heres a before -

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/9099/P2230854.JPG

I do like the twinspoke M wheels but there just too much work to keep nice with them being a polished finish!!

N16SHP
6th May 2010, 06:33 PM
Ah, see I love the twinspokes, but as you said they are pretty tough to keep clean. A guy in my hockey club had them on his M3, but like you, loved cleaning his car, but took just as long to keep the rims clean as it did the rest of the car. I quite like the similar ones you get on the M5 too!

Mini_Disaster
6th May 2010, 06:53 PM
What problems have you had with Eastern?

Norrie.

A brief summery;

Messed up a simple brake fluid change, leaving me with no brakes on a dual carriageway!! Car was recovered & they investigated to find the rear bleed niples had not been tightened up. Idiots could have killed me, but they didnt so i'll leave that there!!

Then on another occasion, having given them the benefit of the doubt I had it back in for some work & paid for 2 rear springs to be fitted, then 1000 miles / 2 months later I go for an MOT only to find one of the new springs had snapped, however that wasnt the case as the mechanic doing the MOT commented that there was no way they had both been replaced & showed me them both with the car on the ramp!!. One looked new yhe other looked old & the pig tail was rotted through & had snapped off. Not something that would happen in that short time.

This messed up my plans for a trip down south so I had to hire a car at my expense, Eastern was not interested in my situation as it was the weekend, apparently no general manager for me to talk to.......left a message to contact me 1st thing Monday no one did I ended up having to call them.

Finally I got the car booked the car in just asking them to fix the bloody thing so I had a road worthy car, as it was now run out of MOT, so they booked it in to have the spring replaced, they also agreed to carry out a fresh MOT dispite trying to wriggle out of it.

Dropped it off at 7:30 & the guy said come back at 3pm. Sounds like way too long to me, but I oblige anyway and go home.

Woman phones me at 1pm to tell me its a call to give mne an update, cars fine, no problems.

So I Turn up at 3pm to find the car on the ramp getting worked on, wont be long im told so headed out for a wander round the place, and after 1/2hr go to the parts dept to get a touch up pen for our mini. Was standing at the desk & all of a sudden my car comes flying past the door (way too fast!), out the exit & disappears up the road.

Its away on its test run the service man informs me when I go in flapping. Test run for having a spring replaced.....surely you just check its seated correctly???

So 15mins later my car returns from its test flight....sorry, drive & im informed its just going to get its MOT now.

WHAT I ask.....again!?!?

No its not been done yet.

Car will be ready for 5pm.

Great......full day wasted!!

So I sit in the comfy chair drinking 'free' coffee watching the salesmen shift the cars around & line them up perfectly in a very OCD manner & the service guy returns................

Sorry sir your cars failed its MOT.

They failed it on :

Front brakes imballanced.

Now im not 100% what that means but they were last to work on the brakes so im not sure whats going on there.

Told them to give me my car NOW & that i'll never be setting foot in the place again.

Words cant explain how pi55ed aff I am with them!!!

Theres been a few other smaller things but i'll just leave it at those 2 main things as I think thats enough said about them!!

Luxury car village.......my experiences have been more like nightmare on elm street!!!

I think they need to lower the glitz & glamour & start offering good service.....which is all im really interested in at the end of the day!!

Mini_Disaster
6th May 2010, 06:58 PM
Ah, see I love the twinspokes, but as you said they are pretty tough to keep clean. A guy in my hockey club had them on his M3, but like you, loved cleaning his car, but took just as long to keep the rims clean as it did the rest of the car. I quite like the similar ones you get on the M5 too!

The twinspokes are polished with laquer on top. Laquer is porous & it doesnt take long for the water to get under them & you start to get what is known as milking under the laquer.

Ends up looking a right mess.

I might diy refurb the twinspokes & keep them for when I sell the car, as im 50/50 going to get a E92 M3 next & would be able to use these wheels on it as they come with polished wheels as well!!

GCA3N
7th May 2010, 05:54 AM
A brief summery;

Messed up a simple brake fluid change, leaving me with no brakes on a dual carriageway!! Car was recovered & they investigated to find the rear bleed niples had not been tightened up. Idiots could have killed me, but they didnt so i'll leave that there!!

Then on another occasion, having given them the benefit of the doubt I had it back in for some work & paid for 2 rear springs to be fitted, then 1000 miles / 2 months later I go for an MOT only to find one of the new springs had snapped, however that wasnt the case as the mechanic doing the MOT commented that there was no way they had both been replaced & showed me them both with the car on the ramp!!. One looked new yhe other looked old & the pig tail was rotted through & had snapped off. Not something that would happen in that short time.

This messed up my plans for a trip down south so I had to hire a car at my expense, Eastern was not interested in my situation as it was the weekend, apparently no general manager for me to talk to.......left a message to contact me 1st thing Monday no one did I ended up having to call them.

Finally I got the car booked the car in just asking them to fix the bloody thing so I had a road worthy car, as it was now run out of MOT, so they booked it in to have the spring replaced, they also agreed to carry out a fresh MOT dispite trying to wriggle out of it.

Dropped it off at 7:30 & the guy said come back at 3pm. Sounds like way too long to me, but I oblige anyway and go home.

Woman phones me at 1pm to tell me its a call to give mne an update, cars fine, no problems.

So I Turn up at 3pm to find the car on the ramp getting worked on, wont be long im told so headed out for a wander round the place, and after 1/2hr go to the parts dept to get a touch up pen for our mini. Was standing at the desk & all of a sudden my car comes flying past the door (way too fast!), out the exit & disappears up the road.

Its away on its test run the service man informs me when I go in flapping. Test run for having a spring replaced.....surely you just check its seated correctly???

So 15mins later my car returns from its test flight....sorry, drive & im informed its just going to get its MOT now.

WHAT I ask.....again!?!?

No its not been done yet.

Car will be ready for 5pm.

Great......full day wasted!!

So I sit in the comfy chair drinking 'free' coffee watching the salesmen shift the cars around & line them up perfectly in a very OCD manner & the service guy returns................

Sorry sir your cars failed its MOT.

They failed it on :

Front brakes imballanced.

Now im not 100% what that means but they were last to work on the brakes so im not sure whats going on there.

Told them to give me my car NOW & that i'll never be setting foot in the place again.

Words cant explain how pi55ed aff I am with them!!!

Theres been a few other smaller things but i'll just leave it at those 2 main things as I think thats enough said about them!!

Luxury car village.......my experiences have been more like nightmare on elm street!!!

I think they need to lower the glitz & glamour & start offering good service.....which is all im really interested in at the end of the day!!

I'd be taking that further that is shocking.

KenL
7th May 2010, 06:13 PM
Those wheels are lovely, as it the car.

Livi
9th May 2010, 05:59 PM
Colin,

They look more amazing being on the car than they were in the boxes!!

Much better stance than the standard M3's wheels :D

Top notch and thanks for coming up for a visit :thumbs up: