PDA

View Full Version : AMD

ScottyC
30th June 2004, 12:00 AM
does anyone know much about AMD's OneClick tuning? I reckon my cooper would quite fancy engine re-map in the future. They reckon it adds 30bhp to a one or a cooper which seems a lot for a mere £375. their website offers no info on performance details. it seems all too easy and hassle free, is it a con and would you notice the extra power?

Kirsty
30th June 2004, 12:28 AM
I think Ewan (LnL) might know about this as he was talking about chipping a few months back!! Something about chipping a one would make it faster than a cooper!!! Pick his brains!! I haven't a clue I'm afraid!!!

KenL
30th June 2004, 12:35 AM
It doesn't add 30bhp to a Cooper.

ONE and Cooper are the same cars so with the AMD on a ONE or a Cooper you'll end up with the same map.

Standard ONE's have been measured at 100bhp or sp and standard Coopers ~122. With the remap you'll end up at about 130bhp - you may notice it but it might not be wprth the dosh.

Fontal
30th June 2004, 12:54 AM
If you had a ONE the difference would be very noticable but I wouldn't think it would be all that noticable in the Cooper after all it will only be adding 8bhp for £375, im sure that the super chip for the Cooper is cheaper than this and probobly more reliable and they offer a warenty.

Richard

ScottyC
30th June 2004, 02:36 AM
cheers guys. the only real info i had was from an article in GO Mini and it put it across that it gave an extra 30bhp on both cars, which doesn't seem all that believeable to me. i think i'll send off an email to AMD in the next couple days. an extra 8bhp would be a bit pants really and not even worth the hassle of plugging the thing in. money would be better put by for an S

Wul
30th June 2004, 06:19 AM
However - i'm sure i read that the re-map on the coop improves to response and power curve of the car - remember it'f only adding bhp to the end of the rev range - but if it improves the power curve too then it may be more worthwhile. :)

Burple
30th June 2004, 08:13 PM
Oops... got here too late for this one..
yup..
Basically exactly what these guys say.... :D

Give thema a call though. very friendly and helpfl bunch they are! :D

minidriver#1
1st July 2004, 01:14 AM
i think AMD have a turbo kit for the Cooper to take it too 180bhp. mmmmm.