PDA

View Full Version : 3d tv

Bazthemod
27th April 2010, 10:34 PM
Well the first Samsung 3D TV rolled into branch today and i have to say it is stunning!

I was skeptical about the whole 3D thing and didn't expect it to be that great and i expected wearing the glasses would spoil the enjoyment. Happily admit i was wrong, the effect is awesome and if i had the spare cash i would be buying one tomorrow!

Sony and Panasonic versions are due in soon so it will be interesting to compare!

Hopefully 3D will kick off quicker than HD which seems to have taken an age to get anywhere!

Things are pricey as expected £2100 plus £300 for the 3D Bluray Player then £60 for extra glasses!

http://brain.pan.e-merchant.com/6/2/05270826/l_05270826.jpg

stoney
27th April 2010, 11:21 PM
Looks and sounds good but £2500 for a tv can think of a lot better things to spend that kind of money on

Stewart
28th April 2010, 12:00 AM
That not too bad I remember being in front a good few year back and I honestly think it was only a 50 inch screen and it sat there with a price tag of 7K. This was before everyone got flat screens.

God 3DTV I’ve not even got a flat screen one yet……………..

Bazthemod
28th April 2010, 12:19 AM
It's actually cheaper than we expected... we all thought about £3000 ... plus it will be interesting to see what the other manufacturers price their sets at!

GCA3N
28th April 2010, 08:40 AM
looks the biz, think i'll wait till there are 3d channels first.

Delboy
28th April 2010, 08:59 AM
I'm with Greig - not enough 3D programmes yet to justify that level of expenditure.

Incidently, I saw an advert for 3D telly at the last 3D movie I went to and there was a clip from an English Premiership game - it was totally awesome, my jaw hit the floor :yes nod:.

zimbo
28th April 2010, 09:15 AM
Looks and sounds good but £2500 for a tv can think of a lot better things to spend that kind of money on

:yes nod: I agree TOTALLY...

N16SHP
28th April 2010, 09:56 AM
looks the biz, think i'll wait till there are 3d channels first.

Yeah I agree. I got HD about a year ago, and I still think that the 10er a month is not worth it for the amount of HD there is. Still, looking forward to the World Cup in HD :D

baptie
28th April 2010, 10:04 AM
I will stick with my 50" LCD thank you, after two bottle of wine everything is in 3D anyways.

GCA3N
28th April 2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah I agree. I got HD about a year ago, and I still think that the 10er a month is not worth it for the amount of HD there is. Still, looking forward to the World Cup in HD :D

I am sure I read somewhere that there will be over a 100 by the end of the year (HD channels that is) So should become more value for money, but like sky plus I give it 12-18 months and the HD will be free.

baptie
28th April 2010, 12:51 PM
Tam Cowan in the Record, He bought a 3D Telly yesterday and got it all hooked up.
Amazed with the quality he sat eating his dinner watching the Hour on STV when Michelle McMannus stole a chip of his plate

Bazthemod
28th April 2010, 03:18 PM
Tam Cowan in the Record, He bought a 3D Telly yesterday and got it all hooked up.
Amazed with the quality he sat eating his dinner watching the Hour on STV when Michelle McMannus stole a chip of his plate

Hhaha i like it!

That program is abysmal by the way!

N16SHP
28th April 2010, 05:12 PM
I am sure I read somewhere that there will be over a 100 by the end of the year (HD channels that is) So should become more value for money, but like sky plus I give it 12-18 months and the HD will be free.

Yeah, I imagine it will just be paying for the box will be your only payout towards it, althought if u haggle you can get a free box.

Think the 3D stuff is great to watch, but for me, at the moment, still nothing wrong with the quality of HD!

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2010, 08:13 AM
Baz, what's the image brightness like? I know it's a problem in the cinema industry where picture brightness is significantly reduced with all commercial 3D systems, including the system we installed - albeit our system is the most forgiving on the market.

Are there ANY 3D Blu Ray discs out yet? I'd be interested to see what these are going to retail at.... My best guess is going to be £30 a pop and that will not help to push 3D TV's on to the mass market.

A.

Bazthemod
29th April 2010, 09:56 AM
At the moment there is only 2 titles out and they were supplied by samsung for us to demo.... not a clue where you could buy them as we certainly don't sell them!

I didn't notice brightness being an issue, I believe the powered glasses improve the experience and it was far better than what I have seen at the Cinema. So many formats of 3D .... the instore tv is Full HD 3D which required the powered shutter glasses.

I can see where it's going, 3D is the new HD and HD is the new SD lol

Bluerays are now priced at what DVDs were we even sell some at £6 .... 3D discs will move into the old Bluray price point.

HD Subscription for Sky will stop as Freeview HD is launching in a big way. So the £10 a month will become 3D subscription.

Also another point is the PS3 after a software update will be able to convert all games to 3D. The samsung Blueray player also converts standard blurays to 3D but the effect is not as good as films that were engineered in 3D.

N16SHP
29th April 2010, 10:01 AM
has anyone seen the advert for this on tv? I think it's brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thhNNKQv1EM

Stewart
29th April 2010, 10:58 AM
Seen the add last night, I was just thinking I'd love to see some of the old films in 3D like indi and starwars.....But as you say its not as good as if the films were made for it.