PDA

View Full Version : Convertible Launch - Russ Swift

DNV122
29th June 2004, 06:29 AM
@ JCs in Aberdeen for tonight's launch - a good turnout to see Russ Swift do his stuff. Started off slowly and got 'swift'er - respec to mr swift.

Saw Hyper Blue sample (v.nice), a cool blue convertible (mm not sure) and a used MCS JCW (from Dundee) in a colour I've never seen before (blue/grey/green mix I think) - anyone seen this car (ST03???).

Now, how am I going to spec this new MCS ??????

GAM
29th June 2004, 07:14 AM
Yeah i was at that - the 7 o'clock show - it was ace

The JCW is a custom paint job so isn't available to buy.

Did you see the red JCW with checked roof.....How nice.

I wasn't too keen on the cool blue convertible either, don't think i really like the convertible. Maybe it will grow on me.

GAM

monkimagic
29th June 2004, 09:08 AM
Hi Guys

Didnt see anyone I know but enjoyed the shoooow, the man is a Demon with the MINI, are you guys joining us for the red arrows on Sat ? Mr Swift will be there, see the MINI meets section. ( Do you reckon thats his real name ??? )

I really dont like the Convertable, the tin top looks much better

Julz
29th June 2004, 04:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by DNV122

a used MCS JCW (from Dundee) in a colour I've never seen before (blue/grey/green mix I think) - anyone seen this car (ST03???).

I've seen it, it sat in Dundee for ages, so they're obviously trying to sell it 'up north' now!! Guy got the whole car resprayed for no reason, kept it a wee while then traded it in!!:eek:

Smurf
29th June 2004, 04:31 PM
Henry Bros in Glesga had 4 samples of 2-tone paint - all lovely - all £600 a litre!!!

Apparently takes £3500 to cover a MINI !!

Burple
29th June 2004, 06:36 PM
quote:

and a used MCS JCW (from Dundee) in a colour I've never seen before (blue/grey/green mix I think) - anyone seen this car (ST03???).

It usd to belong to the guy who owns Ecurie Ecosse... apparently he paints all his cars in this colour...
It used to have a dodgy white stripe ACROSS the bonnet to... but they took that off..

I quite like it... and it's a bit quick too... yeah.. i had a shot! ;):D:D
It *HAS* been there for ages tho..
I think it's pining for me....

;)

GAM
30th June 2004, 06:13 PM
I would love to go down on Saturday but unfortunatly i can't :-(

O well maybe next time.

Are there any other meets organized?

GAM

DNV122
1st July 2004, 02:52 AM
It's a shame I didn't see you all - I thought the Minty MINI was for sale - I'll check on Wednesday when I go for a test drive in the Red JCW !!!

I'm otherwised engaged on Saturday, so enjoy Arbroath.

Gismo
4th July 2004, 01:19 AM
Well, what can i say, i didn't like seeing pictures of it, i didn't like the thought of it, but, having seen it in the flesh i liked it very much, especially the stitching on the leather seats :)
Havn't driven one yet, but, seemingly JC's get their S demo in mid August ;):)

3GGG
4th July 2004, 06:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Well, what can i say, i didn't like seeing pictures of it, i didn't like the thought of it, but, having seen it in the flesh i liked it very much, especially the stitching on the leather seats :)
Havn't driven one yet, but, seemingly JC's get their S demo in mid August ;):)

My wife is definitely struck by that new blue colour they had the convertible in today. As GAJ said it is definitely a ladies colour;):)