PDA

View Full Version : Machine polisher

GCA3N
21st April 2010, 08:57 PM
Ok gonna buy myself a machine polisher and pads and the cutting agent etc.

I went to the detailing place in Glasgow last summer and watched a demo on this however need loads of advice.

So can I have some advice on a good machine and products etc and best place to buy.

My budget for the machine pads and cutting agent is £200 ish.

Advice please.

Craig
21st April 2010, 09:19 PM
I got the Kestrel polishing hard paint kit from Polished Bliss for my Xmas. Not used it yet, but I have the Mezerna Final Finish and Speed Finish polish with all the pads. Will let you know when it has been used.... :lol:

GCA3N
21st April 2010, 09:28 PM
Cheers craig.

Bazthemod
21st April 2010, 10:06 PM
I have the Porter Cable machine but looks like it's sold to Big Gordy at moment. Recommend that but works out pricey, have to buy the transformer etc.

GCA3N
21st April 2010, 10:12 PM
No probs. I seen a meguires kit on eBay for £179 anyone used or heard anything about it. I use quite alot of megs stuff and there pretty good.

Scottie
21st April 2010, 10:34 PM
I have the G220 polisher got it for £120 I think

RyanK
21st April 2010, 11:02 PM
I've got a friend that was selling a meg one, think he wanted 100 badgers for it ;)

Stewart
21st April 2010, 11:26 PM
I have the G220 polisher got it for £120 I think

I read good things about it and its safe to use and they say really hard to burn your paint with.
its what i priced up a good few months back, only thing that puts me off and I know this is sad is everyone on the street will think I'm mad. But I'd love to do my Black roof.

GCA3N
22nd April 2010, 08:19 AM
I've got a friend that was selling a meg one, think he wanted 100 badgers for it ;)

Cool Ryan what does it come with mate?

Big Gordy
22nd April 2010, 08:53 AM
There are a few reported failures of the Meguires one Greig:frown: One was after only 14 hours of use and it was the guys 3rd replacement:argh: Can't remember where I read it tho:blush: Maybe google it:thumbs up:

GCA3N
22nd April 2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks Gordy good info mate need to know this stuff don't want to pay alot of money for tat.

N16SHP
22nd April 2010, 11:23 AM
Is it sad that whats stopping me getting one is the thought of the neighbours going "oh god, he's out at his car...AGAIN!" Once I have my own garage I will invest, my neighbours think im nuts as it is!

GCA3N
22nd April 2010, 11:37 AM
Is it sad that whats stopping me getting one is the thought of the neighbours going "oh god, he's out at his car...AGAIN!" Once I have my own garage I will invest, my neighbours think im nuts as it is!

Why do you think I live in the middle of nowhere. Even still my nearest neighbour (about 300 yards door to door) has started to make comments on the excessive washing and cleaning if the car. I mean in 4 weeks it's only been washed 23 times, full wax detailed 5 times and jet washed the dust off....too many times. ( hangs head in shame with a red face )

Mini Ecosse
22nd April 2010, 12:48 PM
Why do you think I live in the middle of nowhere. Even still my nearest neighbour (about 300 yards door to door) has started to make comments on the excessive washing and cleaning if the car. I mean in 4 weeks it's only been washed 23 times, full wax detailed 5 times and jet washed the dust off....too many times. ( hangs head in shame with a red face )

Jeez, if you are wanting something to do with all your spare time please feel free to start cleaning our mini:thumbs up::lol::lol:

GCA3N
22nd April 2010, 03:01 PM
Jeez, if you are wanting something to do with all your spare time please feel free to start cleaning our mini:thumbs up::lol::lol:

Tbh when I am off for 4 weeks and the weather is good it is difficult to keep busy. I mean golf, bike ride, gardening car washing bit of DIY bit of drinking more car washing. I know I am so fortunate with the ammount of time off I get so I like keeping busy. Hence the car polisher got two cars to do ( not mine I hasten to add) that need a proper buff up. Bring your car to Arran and I'll do it lol.

GP BILLY
22nd April 2010, 03:34 PM
Greg I bought the Meguiars machine with the sonus polish but I now use the
Menzerna polish and have been for a while now (THINK IT GREAT STUFF)
Clean your car (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing/polishing-machine/meguiars-g220-complete-sonus-menzerna-kit/prod_479.html)

GCA3N
22nd April 2010, 05:05 PM
Greg I bought the Meguiars machine with the sonus polish but I now use the
Menzerna polish and have been for a while now (THINK IT GREAT STUFF)
Clean your car (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing/polishing-machine/meguiars-g220-complete-sonus-menzerna-kit/prod_479.html)

Will check it out cheers.

Stewart
22nd April 2010, 06:08 PM
Some of the early models did have problems I'm sure it was with the power but as far as I know they fixed it. Plus Tim at Clean your car is alway great getting the stuff out. thats when its in stock.....

Billy did you find it made a huge diff to the paint and the way it looked.

RyanK
23rd April 2010, 03:42 PM
Cool Ryan what does it come with mate?

Not too sure chief, think its just everything.

If you need more info I'll drop him a line dude

GP BILLY
23rd April 2010, 05:18 PM
Some of the early models did have problems I'm sure it was with the power but as far as I know they fixed it. Plus Tim at Clean your car is alway great getting the stuff out. thats when its in stock.....

Billy did you find it made a huge diff to the paint and the way it looked.

Agree with sav, Tim is great to deal with and more than willing to discus what
would suit your needs rather than sell you something you can't or won't get
the best out of.

Sav I found the Menzerna polish better to work with and also it left a amazing shine
and not as much powder residue to deal with, followed with a coat of Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze
and a couple of coats of wax and bob's you uncle a beautiful and protected clean shiney car:thumbs up:

Stewart
23rd April 2010, 05:47 PM
Its on my wish list.....

Doug_m
24th April 2010, 05:48 PM
Ive a kestral das-6 and its brillliant, got the hard paint kit and its working a treat(when i have time)
planning on a 2 day clean up for the summer time to make her sparkle!
easy to use and polishedbliss are top guys to work with, very quick delivery or if you go in yourself then very helpfull advice etc etc

k3ith
28th April 2010, 03:34 PM
The Megs polisher is currenty being replaced by a V2, some online retailers are selling their old V's1 at good prices last I seen you could get one if you were lucky for £89.99.

A slightly cheaper alternative is Autosmarts twin headed d/a polisher if you have a good rep near you, you can get a starter kit for £100 which incl polisher, pads, cut and polish all AS stuff and all good, def no chance of damaging your car with one simples to use.

GCA3N
28th April 2010, 04:19 PM
The Megs polisher is currenty being replaced by a V2, some online retailers are selling their old V's1 at good prices last I seen you could get one if you were lucky for £89.99.

A slightly cheaper alternative is Autosmarts twin headed d/a polisher if you have a good rep near you, you can get a starter kit for £100 which incl polisher, pads, cut and polish all AS stuff and all good, def no chance of damaging your car with one simples to use.

Thanks for the info hopefully will be getting one when I get home. I saw a Megs V1 on ebay with all the pads etc for 179 so I might haggle a bit.

GCA3N
7th May 2010, 11:48 PM
Bought my new pollisher tonight megs g220 one. I have spoken to others and feel there was more pos stuff than neg. Anyway got a good deal with a few bits and pieces £180 all in. Can't wait to try it out.

Stewart
8th May 2010, 12:02 AM
Great!
Been on too many sites that have reviews that all go “Wow” “Unbelievable” “Cillit Bang its Amazing” oh wait not that last one!

Be good to see what your thoughts on it are.

GCA3N
8th May 2010, 07:58 AM
Great!
Been on too many sites that have reviews that all go “Wow” “Unbelievable” “Cillit Bang its Amazing” oh wait not that last one!

Be good to see what your thoughts on it are.

will do some before and after and let you know. Looking forward to testing it, obviously first on the wife's car lol