PDA

View Full Version : Sill Kick Plate Corrosion - Help Needed!!!

Cammy-Cooper S
20th April 2010, 05:48 PM
Hi guys!

I've been a Golf GTI man for many years but I got my first Mini last week and I know nothing about them so I am looking for some help! lol

The metal sill kick plates in my Cooper-S are a patchy white colour as though they have corroded and the lacquer has came away in places. Basically they need replaced. I have been looking on ebay and googled them but can't seem to get ones that look the right size. I have a 2003 Cooper-S and they all seem to be for the later Mini's and look to big.

Can anyone tell me where the best places is to get new ones, they don't need to be standard. Also where the best place sites/places to buy Mini bits and bobs? As I said, I was a Golf man so when it comes to Mini's I know next to nothing!

Thanks for the help.
Cammy

atnova
20th April 2010, 06:09 PM
Hey Cammy,
i think u should ask JC parts Dept for your part, he is real helpful and good price
Alex

Cammy-Cooper S
21st April 2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks Alex

Gismo
21st April 2010, 04:54 PM
The sill plates are prone to go the way of yours mainly due to washing, the water gets in behind the upper layer and just attacks the plate itself.

As for other bits and bobs, what do you want to do, engine, suspension, brakes, graphics etc