PDA

View Full Version : Car broken down :(

LightningStevie
20th April 2010, 02:11 PM
Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know about our problem!

Andy was driving on the edinburgh Bypass yesterday, and the engine management light appeared and the car cut the power. He called AA or whoever do MINI's roadside stuff, they said it was the coil pack for cylider 4. MINI now at Peter Vardy's being looked at, and they have given us a courtesy car (at 10 quid a day!)

Hopefully won't take too long to sort out!

Gismo
20th April 2010, 02:13 PM
Fingers crossed for a quick fix

euan
20th April 2010, 02:20 PM
That's a nightmare. Didn't you only get it recently? In which case I'd be onto the other dealer you got it from to pay for the loan car.

Delboy
20th April 2010, 02:22 PM
Bummer - hope you get it back soon.

LightningStevie
20th April 2010, 02:23 PM
Got it the end of Feb, and its 3 years old now. Covered by warranty thankfully. To be honest, the sales manager there sorted it to go into today, otherwise it would have been thursday at the earliest

GCA3N
20th April 2010, 03:17 PM
Sorry to hear that, these I don't think are expensive and quite easy to fit. Anyway it's under warranty so happy days.

Craig
20th April 2010, 05:20 PM
Unlucky Stevie - fingers crossed they get it sorted OK. :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
20th April 2010, 05:45 PM
Hope you are back on the road soon :thumbs up:

Bumble
20th April 2010, 06:38 PM
wishing speedy return of Murray!

Scottie
20th April 2010, 09:32 PM
wishing speedy return of Murray!

you can't hurry a Murray........mint.:blush:

stoney
20th April 2010, 10:34 PM
sorry to here that mine has been in the garage for a week now thanx to bmw sending the wrong parts 3 times but i have now orderd the parts my self with a little help from jc's

audrey
21st April 2010, 12:17 AM
Hope you get your car back soon Stevie

LightningStevie
21st April 2010, 10:43 AM
Cheers guys! called this morning, they haven't looked at it yet as they are fully booked. Expected to be returned by end of week now :(

KenL
21st April 2010, 08:32 PM
Once you get the car back I would push for the return of your £10 a day. If they refuse cash, ask or a voucher for parts or something.

I do not mind paying a tenner when the car is in for a routine service but when you are let down by a vehicle they sold you recently you should not be out of pocket.

Gismo
22nd April 2010, 04:20 AM
Once you get the car back I would push for the return of your £10 a day. If they refuse cash, ask or a voucher for parts or something.

I do not mind paying a tenner when the car is in for a routine service but when you are let down by a vehicle they sold you recently you should not be out of pocket.Agreed

N16SHP
22nd April 2010, 11:27 AM

I do not mind paying a tenner when the car is in for a routine service but when you are let down by a vehicle they sold you recently you should not be out of pocket.

Also agreed, about the 3rd time I had Roxy back for the same problem, I basically said to them look, I bought this car about 3 months ago for 14k, I know to you I probably look like a kid and that its not one of the more expensive cars you get in, but I had a Fiesta Zetec for 3 years that cost me 4k and never once had it into the garage, so sort it out...problem fixed!

Just get onto them and don't be afraid.

GCA3N
22nd April 2010, 11:32 AM
Also agreed, about the 3rd time I had Roxy back for the same problem, I basically said to them look, I bought this car about 3 months ago for 14k, I know to you I probably look like a kid and that its not one of the more expensive cars you get in, but I had a Fiesta Zetec for 3 years that cost me 4k and never once had it into the garage, so sort it out...problem fixed!

Just get onto them and don't be afraid.

So agree here I hate how these places take pi$$ like this. Young folks and woman always seem to be a target for garages ( btw I know there are lots of woman who can more than handle themselves) I think most of us have a load of stories about poor garages and their customer service or lack of it.

LightningStevie
22nd April 2010, 11:59 AM
Will keep that in mind guys, thanks :) I'll try my best and let you know how it goes

LightningStevie
22nd April 2010, 07:48 PM
Well, Peter Vardy called my other half tonight to say that while they can see it has been misfiring on cylinder 4, and also on cylinder 2, they cannot find the cause. Car has been starting normally. One of their engineers is taking it home this evening to see if it fails. Fingers crossed it does and they get to the bottom of it

GCA3N
22nd April 2010, 07:51 PM
Well, Peter Vardy called my other half tonight to say that while they can see it has been misfiring on cylinder 4, and also on cylinder 2, they cannot find the cause. Car has been starting normally. One of their engineers is taking it home this evening to see if it fails. Fingers crossed it does and they get to the bottom of it

What a blooming nightmare hope it gets sorted dude.

Delboy
22nd April 2010, 07:57 PM
Total bummer mate :frown:. Hope they find the fault quickly. You probably don't want to hear about the time my car was in the garage for most of July last year cause they couldn't figure out why my engine warning light was on......:argh:

LightningStevie
23rd April 2010, 07:07 PM
So my other half picked the car up today. they said they can see it has been misfiring, but it is working fine. Is it heck!

Just driven it, and the MINI first courtesy car was quicker than it. At idle, it was like sitting in a diesel with the vibration through clutch pedal and cabin. I'm going to drop my other half off at work tomorrow morning at 7.30, and take it straight to MINI. I'm not a happy bunny. Car has only done 20k

Total bummer mate :frown:. Hope they find the fault quickly. You probably don't want to hear about the time my car was in the garage for most of July last year cause they couldn't figure out why my engine warning light was on......:argh:

Who was it in with?

Scottie
23rd April 2010, 07:44 PM
Jeez that's not good was it an original peter vardy car can you ask for a service/warranty history on the car see if it's had any faults prior. Hope it gets fixed soon.

LightningStevie
23rd April 2010, 09:38 PM
No, it was originally from Irvine, think it might be Fairburns? Could be wrong, can't remember exactly. Just want it sorted out!

Delboy
23rd April 2010, 10:50 PM
Who was it in with?

It was in DP in Hillington but they were very good - even the BMW technical team didn't know what the fault was so it was a process of elimination.

Hope you get your car fixed soon.

LightningStevie
24th April 2010, 11:24 AM
ah cool, glad they were good then.

I'm not long home from a trip to Mini. Got there at 8.30, was told there were no courtesy cars available. Said in a polite but firm manner, that the car should never have left the garage, I need a car this weekend, and that they need to sort something out. After an hours wait, I have a One Graphite ready and waiting!

fingers crossed they fix it this time around

LightningStevie
26th April 2010, 04:33 PM
Just had a call from Peter vardy, they acknowledge there is a problem and the car is juddering/misfiring, despite the car not showing any faults. They are waiting to hear back from MINI tech support, so will have to wait and see.

Stewart
26th April 2010, 06:26 PM
Hope it gets fixed mate, but better news being they acknowledge there is a problem.
At the very least they did not get back to you saying we cant find anything wrong, and as a few on here would tell you even getting a call is a result.

LightningStevie
26th April 2010, 06:30 PM
I am glad they did find what I was experience, means, at least, I'm not making it up or going mad lol As for phone call, was rather pleased to be honest. After years of having to chase the local smart/merc dealer, its nice to be kept informed. Its not a big thing, but something, as a customer, that helps the whole experience

Stewart
26th April 2010, 06:44 PM
Had a brand new Honda Accord a few years back and the Seat belt would not release to let me put it on I found on a hill. Totally strange. Went in and the guy said being on a hill would do nothing, went out and of course it worked fine on the flat.

A few days later did it again, to the point I had to drive without it on for a few minutes till the car had moved. Went in a kicked up hell and the other guy took the car round to the work shop that’s under the show room and parked it on a hill. He came back in and said that’s a new one on him, but it was not releasing when the car was parked facing up the hill.

God knows they replaced some seat belt part but I thought feck no one is going to believe that it was doing it.

GCA3N
26th April 2010, 07:03 PM
Lets hope they sort it out. Good news though that they have acknowledged the fault though.

LightningStevie
30th April 2010, 07:29 PM
Car all fixed now. It was the ignition coil pack (thats what the AA said last week...)

When I first got in it though, idle was rough, but as soon as I set off it was fine. Will keep on eye on it though

Mini Ecosse
30th April 2010, 08:11 PM
Car all fixed now. It was the ignition coil pack (thats what the AA said last week...)

When I first got in it though, idle was rough, but as soon as I set off it was fine. Will keep on eye on it though

Good news :thumbs up::thumbs up:

audrey
30th April 2010, 10:23 PM
Good stuff Stevie :thumbs up:

GCA3N
1st May 2010, 06:18 AM
brilliant news.:thumbs up:

Delboy
1st May 2010, 09:29 AM
Glad you got it fixed :thumbs up:.

stoney
2nd May 2010, 08:51 AM