PDA

View Full Version : Speccy

john
19th April 2010, 08:42 PM
In Dundee

Sheilz
19th April 2010, 10:44 PM
.........me and Dougall?

.........had a pretty full on day. Might have seen us in Montrose, Arbroath, Perth, Edinburgh, Galashiels, Hawick, Selkirk, Bonnybridge, Stirling and all sorts of places in between.

Forbes
19th April 2010, 11:00 PM
Not enjoy having a low mileage car?

Sheilz
19th April 2010, 11:06 PM
Low mileage cars are for wooses ;)

Dougall's pretty sedate compared to specy. Think he's sitting about 16500 just now and his official 1st birthday passed on 31st March though 4th Augsut to me. Hasn't even had a service yet :smilewinkgrin: Think specy had two by that age though of course less mileage between them.

AndyP & Lenore
19th April 2010, 11:13 PM
.........me and Dougall?

.........had a pretty full on day. Might have seen us in Montrose, Arbroath, Perth, Edinburgh, Galashiels, Hawick, Selkirk, Bonnybridge, Stirling and all sorts of places in between.

And you didn't pop in to say HI! :sad: It's not like you had a pressing day or anything.:frown:

A.:D

Sheilz
20th April 2010, 10:49 PM
And you didn't pop in to say HI! :sad: It's not like you had a pressing day or anything.:frown:

LOL. Would you believe that two Saturdays ago me and Catriona took Dougall for a wee run. Driving along we came up with the brainwave :idea: of going to the flicks in the evening. Now by this time we were within ten miles of Galashiels, as I said it was just a wee run. Knowing that there is defo a cinema in Gala we decided we'd pop in for a film before sauntering home from our 'wee run'. Unfortunately tomtom was having a bad day :ragin: coz he directed us up a wee road, told me to turn right when road sign said left and took us up a single track hill road, thick with rutted snow, Dougall slipping all over the place with hard packed snow scraping underneath :argh:. Luckily I found a farm gate to turn in which wasn't the easiest manouvre I've done in a car. Almost stuck a couple of times. By the time we got back to civilisation it was a '**** that was scary, let's go home' moment. So with only six miles between us and the flicks we ended up going home :confused:

Imagine though being so bl**dy stupid as to ignore the signpost and take instructions from a bit of plastic :blush: :idunno:

So the purpose of this embarrassing tale - we nearly popped in to say hello :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
20th April 2010, 11:52 PM
So the purpose of this embarrassing tale - we nearly popped in to say hello :thumbs up:

And the moral of the story - don't trust a sat nav - they're almost always wrong.:thumbs up::laugh: