PDA

View Full Version : Potholes!

Delboy
19th April 2010, 07:18 PM
I took a mobile phone photo of this "pothole" as it is absolutely incredible :eek:. It's just round the corner from my work (main road is Holmlea Road) and I saw it while out walking at lunchtime. Honestly, the photo doesn't do it justice and any Mini would almost certainly hit ground if a front wheel went into this - look at the kerb height to give you an idea of how deep the hole is :frown:.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Uploads%20via%20Pixelpipe/IMAG0045.jpg

GCA3N
19th April 2010, 07:26 PM
That's a doosy del that would even sit as a good one out here.

Fartin Martin
19th April 2010, 08:17 PM
That's just shocking!!it should be coned off atleast!

N16SHP
19th April 2010, 08:33 PM
yikes, that's deep! There's a group of potholes on the way to my work that are just a disgrace, I've had to leave 5 mins earlier now to take a different route to avoid them they are so bad!!!

AndyP & Lenore
19th April 2010, 08:42 PM
I took a mobile phone photo of this "pothole" as it is absolutely incredible :eek:

Sorry Del, but you're wrong. That's no pot hole. Thats a crater.:ragin:

Y'all better hope Lib Dem's don't get into power. They plan to knock chunks out of the roads budget.:frown:

A.:ragin:

stoney
19th April 2010, 09:05 PM
That's huge !!!

Stewart
19th April 2010, 10:41 PM
I know that very spot, just watch the inside lane round the one way system Del Delvin Rd I’d say it was not as bad smaller but still a bad one. If your heading to your Work you should be on the other side so should miss it.

Roads in Glasgow shocking,you’d think the council leader was on drugs – oh wait he was!
You have to have a mental note of the holes to go any place.

Oh aye if thats right Andy then the Lib Dem's are not getting my Vote.

Delboy
19th April 2010, 11:01 PM
Yes Andy, this is more like a crater than a hole!
Stewart, I saw a couple of other craters in nearby streets - it is shocking. Glad I don't drive into work that way.

Sheilz
19th April 2010, 11:01 PM
Bonnybridge has the best potholes. One street has designer ones, all perfectly squared off. choice between square or rectangular laid out in a nice geometroc pattern. Had to stop to ponder how I was going to negotiate them. Dougall faired better than some I watched crashing into them. They have a warning sign up but its at the wrong end of the street!