View Full Version : Hamish.....

Big Gordy
18th April 2010, 06:33 PM
.......what the hell happened in the third race buddy:thud::oops:
You were well placed in races 1 and 2 :thumbs up:

Hamish
19th April 2010, 09:24 AM
Hey Gordy, good to see you yesterday.

I made some real progress at the weekend, qualified 7th (was 4th at one point!!!) finished first 2 races 8th (6th fastest in race 1)... was well pleased with the way everything was going.

Race 3 did its best to spoil the day, but I'll try and focus on the positives... although the whole episode was completely and utterly avoidable, unfortunately someone chose to include me in their learning curve and moved across my nose... after that i was a passenger heading towards the tyres.

Big thanks to all the marshalls who looked after me post incident and the doctor/ambulance crew (I was adamant about being fine and not needing a check up and was reluctant about getting in the ambulance haha). However they 'talked me round' haha and were really excellent, doing a great job at sorting me and my car out.

Also, huge thanks to Craig Noble, Scott McKenzie, my mechanic Kevin and all the Minimax guys and girls for an awesome weekend and a top job.

Really good to catch up with Mark Dryden too and meeting Stephen from NMS.

Onwards and Upwards though Gordy!!! :D

Mini Ecosse
19th April 2010, 09:31 AM
Hamish,

Good to meet you also.

Andy P has posted photos of races here
http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/galleries/knockhill_april_2010/gallery.html

You feature in some of them!

GCA3N
19th April 2010, 09:39 AM
Hope your alright dude , missing the knockhill days out.

Hamish
19th April 2010, 09:50 AM
thanks Stephen... will get a lookie just now... i'll be able to see how good my car looked prior to race 3! haha.

Hey Greig... we're missing you at Knockhill too... I could of done with some of your banter yesterday dude. I'm fine matey... although my office walls arent so good... they keep spinning round... better get a builder in to sort them out! hahaha

GCA3N
19th April 2010, 09:55 AM
What you like Hamish is it going better than last year.

Hamish
19th April 2010, 09:59 AM
loads better dude... like I say... was comfortably in top half in first 2 and was much the same in race 3 (until.......) ;) .

Really loving Minimax and the whole team, everyone gets on well with each other and theres good spirit. I'm finding time and gaining confidence so moving in the right direction.

Also... Just thinking, I managed to make it to the final race of the season opener at KH this time... progress!!!

Craig
19th April 2010, 10:59 AM
Well Done Hamish. Hopefully make the next few races ;)

Hamish
19th April 2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks Craig...shame you guys werent there... Hope you enjoyed Oxford trip? Were you coming up the A7 at a fair rate of knots last night about 8-9pm??? FLYING!!! haha.

Stephen got some good pics of the weekend and they are up on motorsportphotographic.com :D (thanks Stephen, appreciated).

Craig
19th April 2010, 11:12 AM
Nah I was "cruising" up the A1M, A66, M6 & M74 yest apart from when Lenore or Andy were in front then we WERE low level flying !!! :lol:

Mini Ecosse
19th April 2010, 11:22 AM
Nah I was "cruising" up the A1M, A66, M6 & M74 yest apart from when Lenore or Andy were in front then we WERE low level flying !!! :lol:

So you needed Andy & Lenores slipstream to get any speed out of your car:Whistle::Whistle::laugh::laugh:

Hamish
19th April 2010, 11:42 AM
hahaha, if you'd been on railway straight you'd of seen a mini learning to actually fly! :D

AndyP & Lenore
19th April 2010, 11:39 PM
Forgot to post this up earlier...

Hamish's car before racing on Sunday.

Top man for the newminiscotland plug.

A. :D

Hamish
20th April 2010, 09:28 AM
thanks Andy... luckily that part of the car is still undamaged! :D

cpearson
20th April 2010, 10:02 AM
if anyone wants to see the aftermath of this incident..... have a look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b224S4sXYBI 6min 20 secs in....

that tyre wall is just destroyed, that is some hit and could have been a lot worse...you both are very lucky.

fair play to the marshalls and KH staff for getting the race restarted after that mess!!

AndyP & Lenore
20th April 2010, 10:16 AM
Holy SH!T Hamish, that's an obliterated tyre wall. Had no idea it was such a big accident. Really glad you're OK. Will the car be ready for the next round, or........?:sad:

A.

Hamish
20th April 2010, 10:28 AM
Hey Andy, yeah I'm fine thanks mate... just frustrated about the whole episode.

I went off to the left and the tyre wall on that side held together quite nicely... although it was still a fairly big hit.

Car should be ready... will know more by the end of today mate, I have everything crossed lol. :D

C.Noble
20th April 2010, 10:49 AM
Bloody drivers... even manage to have shunts on the long straight bits!!!!!!

That said.... I would rather fix Charlize than have to rebuild those tyre walls... where the hell would you start!