PDA

View Full Version : Ooyah

Gismo
18th April 2010, 02:58 AM
Well, booked up for the Florida Motor Bike course at the local Harley dealer :Whistle:
Frightening how some folks can pass this with hardly any ability..................anyway................

We are in a group of 8 all meant to be following each other in the massive car park that is sectioned off with verbal instructions etc etc etc

During one of the procedures I'm patiently waiting behind someone and one of the other riders trying to join the queue crashes right into me on my offside (UK) just behind the swing arm which luckily misses my leg but knocks me clean off the bike, my left ankle takes most of the hit as the bike lands directly on it, my head obviously hits the deck but thanks to the helmet provided i'm ok there and my left arm also bashes into the asphalt ( tarmac :lol: )

Easy for me to say nowt about this, but, a woman rider who had already dropped her bike 3 times and subsequently crashes into me is very frustrating and my ankle is gonna hurt in the morning.
Of the other women riders none really achieve the speeds to do the manouveres required but will probably pass the test.
For instance, meant to get up to 3rd gear at some stage, well, i was able to start off in lead and catch the next person in one lap, they barely could tell what gear they were in or even co-ordinate the clutch and throttle.

We may criticise the test in the UK but trust me, i appreciate the effort required to turn us into better riders than letting these folks loose on a bike with little ability.

Anyway, rant over, i'm away for a dip in the pool :cool:

GCA3N
18th April 2010, 08:29 AM
Sounds like a nightmare Alan like you say sometimes having a system like hours is a good thing. Hope your ankles not too badly damaged. Did you complete the course btw. Oh there's is one good thing can you not take a law suit out on her is that not the done thing over there lol.

zimbo
18th April 2010, 12:01 PM
:rolleyes: oh dear... What the hell are those people doing on a bike if they dont even know how to change gears or even know what gear they are in!!! Surely they must have had some lessons or even enough of them to be fit to be able to qualify to even sit the test?! Obviously not... :laugh: Glad your injuries are'nt worse than they are boss, get well soon :thumbs up:

Gismo
18th April 2010, 07:27 PM
Thing is, you can't go on the road before this test to practice and the only course is this one, which is all performed in a car park but does repetitively practice manouveres, still.................i passed the written exam and the bike test 100 per cent, so, i'm happy

zimbo
18th April 2010, 07:32 PM
still.................i passed the written exam and the bike test 100 per cent, so, i'm happy

Well I would hope so... :thumbs up: