PDA

View Full Version : Alloy wheel lacquer.

GCA3N
17th April 2010, 10:55 PM
I have a set of team dynamics and the lacquer is starting to peel in places. I can't really understand why as I wash my car way too often and always seal with poorboys stuff. Anyone know what the best solution for this is and will I need these re-coated of something, cheers.

Delboy
18th April 2010, 11:12 AM
Are they not still under the 12 months warranty? You wouldn't expect the lacquer to peel off an undamaged wheel within 12 months.

GCA3N
18th April 2010, 11:19 AM
Are they not still under the 12 months warranty? You wouldn't expect the lacquer to peel off an undamaged wheel within 12 months.

Need to check that del.

Craig
18th April 2010, 03:09 PM
I would say if you get nowhere with the warranty from the manufacturer, look at powder coating as the alloys I have had done seem to survive better... Also only ever used my powder coated alloys in the winter which is when they get the worst of the salt and grime etc... And go the longest without cleaning :thud:

GCA3N
18th April 2010, 04:51 PM
I was thinking about that too. Del said the one he used was good and cheaper than powder tech. Was even considering a matt finish but since i've gone gloss black on the rings and caps possibly matt is the wrong choice.