PDA

View Full Version : Power steering pump

indigomatt
16th April 2010, 09:08 AM
Morning all :frown:

I believe that my Mini’s power steering pump has failed; the problem is intermittent but scarily first gave way at speed on a wonderful windy b road, then worse was to come after managing to keep out the hedges, parking in the city!!!

Now I know why I steer clear of gyms, just proves that I was right all along :thud:

Anyway I have looked online and it seems that this is a known problem and even on Watchdog in early 2009. Does anyone know the latest position; are MINI still not admitting there’s a problem and charging approximately £800 to fix :moonie: or have they stepped up like Toyota and issued a recall if required :yes nod: ....

A somewhat financially worried Matthew, I want to be paying for a holiday not a manufacturing / duribility problem ~ *(*"$^&*%£ £$^& **^$£^ &**(&%* :argh:

All the best, enjoy the sun shine.

GCA3N
23rd April 2010, 08:27 PM
Any updates on your problem?

s-a-l-t-i-r-e
27th May 2010, 08:00 PM
My sons packed in this week as well... Called Jon Clark, they are offering nothing on repairs etc...

Crombers
28th May 2010, 08:40 AM
'My story' on pumps was posted up on the 'old school' NMS & I canny find it to re post !!

dellie
30th May 2010, 09:13 PM
I was offered 50/50 by JC Aberdeen on the cost of the pump, luckily i still had warrantly with Evans Hellshaw and they paid for it.

We tried the whole printing off the details from websites etc to see if we could get it fully covered but we were told that Mini has not officially recalled the part and they would only contribute towards half the pump.

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again!!