PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Using Sonos Stuff?

Gismo
14th April 2010, 07:37 PM
As it says, anyone using the Sonos audio stuff?
I bought it here in the USA (also available in the UK) and can listen to many UK radio channels which allows me to keep up to date with the news etc

Fantastic system and for a measly $5 per month i can access millions of tracks streaming through my internet from Napster.

Scottie
14th April 2010, 08:11 PM
Wul do yo remember him!!! our first king of clean rated the Sonus product.LOL oop's you meant audio

euan
14th April 2010, 08:14 PM
I've been looking at it, now I've got a NAS sorted out for all my music storage, next step is Sonos :-)

There's an app in the android market called Andronos for controlling it by your phone. (http://braindump.dk/tech/2010/01/10/andronos-sonos-remote-control-for-android/)

The Dogfather
14th April 2010, 08:22 PM
I looked at it but went for the Apple itunes express system which was a lot cheaper. The Sonus is an excellent bit of kit though.

Gismo
14th April 2010, 09:06 PM
There's an app in the android market called Andronos for controlling it by your phone. (http://braindump.dk/tech/2010/01/10/andronos-sonos-remote-control-for-android/)Cool, i downloaded it, works great, shame i bought 2 hand sets :ragin:

RyanK
14th April 2010, 09:07 PM
Old mans got it in the house, great bit of kit! Music is streamed in every main room through it

Aye it's basically internet radio. You can also control it from your i-phone

Edit - never noticed the app post above, doh!

Gismo
15th April 2010, 02:58 AM
Aye it's basically internet radioBut you can subscribe to some music licensee's like Napster to stream music of your choice at a small premium

euan
15th April 2010, 10:11 AM
Cool, i downloaded it, works great, shame i bought 2 hand sets :ragin:

If you want shot of one cheap, ping me ;-)

The Bull
22nd April 2010, 10:17 AM
My mate just got it, really neat. Although it's a £5 a month subscription for the Napster service it's still pretty good. I think the only trouble with it is thinking of what you want to listen to as there is so much music there to access. I suppose you could use the ready made playlists that Napster put together.

I still like looking through a stack of old CDs though and playing something you've not heard in ages!

N16SHP
22nd April 2010, 11:16 AM
We had it in the last hotel i worked (Simpsons for anyone local) and I thought it was alright. Problem was, they got it, used the free subscription, then never updated it so it became useless and was replaced by the iPod dock again.

Seemed like a decent bit of kit, if only they had used it properly!

euan
22nd April 2010, 01:10 PM
We had it in the last hotel i worked (Simpsons for anyone local) and I thought it was alright. Problem was, they got it, used the free subscription, then never updated it so it became useless and was replaced by the iPod dock again.

Seemed like a decent bit of kit, if only they had used it properly!

If they want shot of them, I'll have some ;-) I know Simpsons, had my graduation tea in there many years ago now!