PDA

View Full Version : Road tax on new Mini's

norrie
13th April 2010, 12:26 AM
Just a quick note to everyone that is getting a new Mini.
The road tax for the first year is free unless it's a Cooper S so don't let the dealer charge you for this.
I was in the dealer today checking on my order which I made in Feb which states that the road tax is £120 and the dealer tried to say it meant that there is no extra showroom tax on new Mini's.
I expained that I had checked it on the DVLA website and it's the road tax that is free for the first year.

I'm sure I would have been charged for this if I had not pointed it out.

Just to let you guys know you no one gets caught out.
I see that after the first year it gone down from £120 to £90 which is a bonus as well.:smilewinkgrin:

Norrie.

Gismo
13th April 2010, 03:54 AM
I did know that any new car has to be sold with 1 years road tax and is included in the sale price, but, never heard of this

norrie
13th April 2010, 03:58 PM
The road tax isn't included in the sale you have to pay for it.
Some new cars the first year road tax is £950.

Norrie.

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2010, 07:15 PM
I suspect what Alan means is that the "on the road" price for a new car usually includes; the cost of the car, delivery, number plates and any applicable RFL.

However, it's news to me that some MINI's don't have any RLF for the first year. Sounds a good deal.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Scottie
13th April 2010, 08:52 PM
on your invoice when purchasing a car it will show the net total of the car + vat = sub total then your RFT at what ever cost = the grand total you pay. As far as I know sticker price seldom includes the RFT.

norrie
13th April 2010, 11:06 PM
That's my point.
On my invoice it had the road tax showing £120 when it is now free so when I pay for my car I will get that £120 of the price.

Norrie.

Suziedoo
22nd April 2010, 09:57 PM
Hi, you have just answered my question!! Went online to tax my mini last night. The reminder said 120.00 but only cost me 90.00, what a result!! lol :)