PDA

View Full Version : Courtesy Car

baptie
12th April 2010, 03:59 PM
Took the 'S' into Dougie Park Hamilton for Corrosion work on OS Rear quarter and both doors.

They said i would get a cheap runabout for a courtesy car.

Cooper Clubman 10 Plate, Really nice car.

What a difference to have actual suspension the doesn't rattle your bones. Don't like to auto cut off at lights though!

KenL
12th April 2010, 06:11 PM
Don't like to auto cut off at lights though!

Once you get used to it, you'll wonder why every other car on the road is burning fuel for no reason.

Gismo
12th April 2010, 06:37 PM
Once you get used to it, you'll wonder why every other car on the road is burning fuel for no reason.I can't believe that there are significant savings on fuel, the constant stop start must waste fuel due to incorrect burning etc, never mind the extra wear and tear on the clutch mechanism

Bazthemod
12th April 2010, 06:44 PM
The cars have uprated clutches and batteries to cope. I actually miss it on the JCW but apparently it doesnt do the JCW engine any favours.

Delboy
12th April 2010, 07:32 PM
Cooper Clubman 10 Plate, Really nice car.

Yes it is, but you should try the S version :smilewinkgrin: :thumbs up:

baptie
12th April 2010, 07:41 PM
Yes it is, but you should try the S version

Is the 'S' Suspension as harsh as the 'S' Salloon?

Just been a wee spin for a chippy to prestwick, great night for it

Delboy
12th April 2010, 07:45 PM

As far as I know it's the same, although the slighly longer wheelbase helps smooth out the bumps to some extent.

Yes, great night for a run in the car :thumbs up:.

Mon the fish
12th April 2010, 08:04 PM
Stop-start is another thing to go wrong...

A bit like auto-lights or wipers - I can tell when its either dark or wet, and can activate switches appropriately. Same with stop-start - I find if I know I'm going to be sitting for a while, I can reach behind the wheel and turn the 'key' thing - this saves fuel :thumbs up:

Ally S
13th April 2010, 01:11 PM

I've got odd images of a Mini Saloon in my head now :)

baptie
16th April 2010, 06:49 PM
Now into 4th day with Clubman, called DP today.
The answer I got was that the 'S' will not be ready until Monday as the corrosion is worst than initial inspection.

Rear quarter and drivers door, no chuffed.

Got a Paul SMith in the garage that rotten to the core, didn;t think I would be paying for another rotten mini!

audrey
16th April 2010, 10:42 PM
Now into 4th day with Clubman, called DP today.
The answer I got was that the 'S' will not be ready until Monday as the corrosion is worst than initial inspection.

Rear quarter and drivers door, no chuffed.

Got a Paul SMith in the garage that rotten to the core, didn;t think I would be paying for another rotten mini!

Shocking hope you are happy with it when you get it back

baptie
16th April 2010, 11:26 PM
me tae, He didn't seem very happy about the progress of the car, I was gobsmacked