PDA

View Full Version : Any one heard of this company?

atnova
9th April 2010, 10:59 AM
Hey guys have u heard of http://www.fomsport.com/,
its in scotland, but i think its quite new atm but apparently
they are m7's official dealer =] if they are good i might order stuff from them :p

Forbes
9th April 2010, 11:23 AM
Hey guys have u heard of http://www.fomsport.com/,
its in scotland, but i think its quite new atm but apparently
they are m7's official dealer =] if they are good i might order stuff from them :p

Best to give them a call. I have used them in the past.

You need to pester though. Also try Coastal Racing for M7 parts

Gismo
9th April 2010, 03:02 PM
Gave NMS a lot of grief a while ago with promises of sponsoring the site etc, never got off the ground and in fact i had to ban one of the owners due to the hassle and improper posting, i for one will never buy anything from them

Craig
9th April 2010, 03:53 PM
I'm even amazed you left the website details in the post Alan... :rolleyes:

as Alan has said above, due to the way a certain person from the company conducted himself (ie very unprofessional) I wouldn't buy from them. Coastal for me would be a better idea, dealt with them before and they were very helpful. They also sponsor Northern Mini ;)

Gismo
9th April 2010, 04:01 PM
I'm even amazed you left the website details in the post Alan... :rolleyes:Just wanted to let others see the company being referenced

Craig
9th April 2010, 04:08 PM
Just wanted to let others see the company being referenced

fair enuff chief ;)

atnova
9th April 2010, 04:45 PM
Sounds like they are quite bad then i only considered this company cause its like 35 mins from my place and it would be quite handy hahaha
thanks for the info i will go check out coastal soon =]
Alex

The Dogfather
9th April 2010, 04:54 PM
Coastal also NM.

Coastal are an excellent company by all accounts, they are based in Lancaster. They have a strong pedigree in MINI racing.

I've only ever heard positive things about their work and customer service.

atnova
9th April 2010, 05:02 PM
i was looking for the black m7 ultimate grill but i don see them in the in the coastal racing so do u guys know where i can find them?
Thanks
Alex

The Dogfather
9th April 2010, 05:10 PM
You'd probably have to contact them for a price, if you're registered on tM then you could go through there, or go via NM

atnova
9th April 2010, 11:00 PM
right ok i will give it a try thank you
Alex

stoney
10th April 2010, 02:51 PM
as the rest said i would not use them as dont like the way they spoke to me when phoned them

crispyeel
13th April 2010, 03:29 PM
Sounds like they are quite bad then i only considered this company cause its like 35 mins from my place and it would be quite handy hahaha
thanks for the info i will go check out coastal soon =]
Alex

Its reasons like this that i stopped posting on here. One person has a bad experience with a company and slates it to everyone else. Bit of a contradiction as when i praised a certain company a few months ago, i recieved a pm shortly after warning me about advertising for the company! :frown:

Personally i have had no problems dealing with the chap who runs fomsport who is now a good friend of mine. Ordered various parts off him in the past. M7 pulley, M7 CAI and will be shortly ordering coilovers with him

My advise to you would be to give him a shout if he's only 35mins from you and not to listen to the masses

Gismo
13th April 2010, 03:42 PM
Its reasons like this that i stopped posting on here. One person has a bad experience with a company and slates it to everyone else. Bit of a contradiction as when i praised a certain company a few months ago, i recieved a pm shortly after warning me about advertising for the company! :frown:

Personally i have had no problems dealing with the chap who runs fomsport who is now a good friend of mine. Ordered various parts off him in the past. M7 pulley, M7 CAI and will be shortly ordering coilovers with him

My advise to you would be to give him a shout if he's only 35mins from you and not to listen to the massesEveryone is entitleted to their opinion and it would appear that many folks had negative ones, including me.
Being a good friend of yours is gonna get you better service and that goes for even the best companies in the world.
I'm not going into the specifics of my particular bad experience but i didn't ban them for no reason.
I certainly would listen to the masses regarding any company when buying anything as often is the case that real life experiences are worth while.

I left this thread active cause i felt it would be unfair to have a one sided debate.

I can't remember sending a PM about advertising, was it me??

crispyeel
13th April 2010, 03:51 PM
Everyone is entitleted to their opinion and it would appear that many folks had negative ones, including me.
Being a good friend of yours is gonna get you better service and that goes for even the best companies in the world.
I'm not going into the specifics of my particular bad experience but i didn't ban them for no reason.
I certainly would listen to the masses regarding any company when buying anything as often is the case that real life experiences are worth while.

I left this thread active cause i felt it would be unfair to have a one sided debate.

I can't remember sending a PM about advertising, was it me??

Yes it was you who sent me the pm. I actually still have the pm in my inbox :D It was regarding a sticker on my car of all things. Hardly advertising a company imo

Regarding him being a friend, thats beside the point as i had purchaced the parts from him before hand. He even delivered them to me :thumbs up: Now thats what i call service :yes nod:

Obviously if he's been banned its gonna be a one sided debate. Just thought i'd share my comments on the situation as i dont think its fair to rip him a new A when he cant post in his defence :Whistle:

Gismo
13th April 2010, 04:00 PM
Yes it was you who sent me the pm. I actually still have the pm in my inbox :D It was regarding a sticker on my car of all things. Hardly advertising a company imo
Anyway, if either of the owners of Fomsport want to speak to me regarding any issues detailed in this thread they can certainly view the site as a guest and click any of the links dotted around the forums to contact me

EDIT: laywer text removed as it was with a different company with no connection to FOMsport.

stoney
13th April 2010, 04:06 PM
Well he has posted on some of my threds in other forms and is just dam right rude now 2 me who works for a small company 3 off us I know that customer service is evey thing and when I phoned them they where very dismisive of what I wanted and wanted me to do it there way when I had allready looked in to the best way forward for me at this time now to me that's bad service and if more than 1 or 2 pepes say the same then that says to me I made the right choice bye not using them I would say but if u want to use them that's fine just as of any one elce wants to use them that's fine it there own choice we are free to say what we want to say you may be pals with the guy but he is still dam right rude IMO !!! So if u want to stop posting on here then don't post of u do then that's fine but no need to have a go when peps are just saying what service that have had of said company !!!

Stoney

crispyeel
13th April 2010, 04:10 PM
Ah, now i remember, again, since this one involved lawyers i won't go into specifics, suffice to say i lost thousands of pounds and have a very bitter taste left over.
Anyway, if either of the owners of Fomsport want to speak to me regarding any issues detailed in this thread they can certainly view the site as a guest and click any of the links dotted around the forums to contact me

FYI there is only one person that runs FomSport :thumbs up:

Gismo
13th April 2010, 04:34 PM
FYI there is only one person that runs FomSport :thumbs up:Ok dok :thumbs up:

One thing, i'm happy for this thread to run it's course, but, please keep any good and bad points in a constructive manner and no direct personal attacks, none so far and it's appreciated :thumbs up:

Gismo
12th May 2010, 08:53 PM
Having been over to MT to see for myself what some fuss is about i've noticed that some NMS and other forums members have left me somewhat disappointed with the comments.
Sadly that does not tie in with the way i see NMS going and can't see those particular members being beneficial to NMS in any way or form.

One sentence i left on here i had actually responded regarding another incident totally outwith FOMsport but reading the post i could see that it was not in the right context and no amount of saying it was will make any difference to the knockers.
Since it was a totally different member i was replying to i had thought that it was concerning another major classic mini supplier with whom i did have lawyer dealings with and has since been somewhat resolved.

In any event, i expected to get further flaming on there, which i duly did, however, i'm above all that nonsense and am only interested in NMS.