PDA

View Full Version : Car Finance

RyanK
9th April 2010, 08:58 AM
Hi,

Im needing some finance for my new car.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to go for some? Bearing in mind the new car is being bought through a private sale. I've phoned a couple of companies who are refusing to lend me the money unless the car is being bought from a dealer :sad:

Does Mark Dryden @ Saltire vehicles still offer this service?

Thanks in advance
Ryan

ianking
9th April 2010, 09:32 AM
go to http://www.car-finance.net/ and ask them for a quote. they done a good deal for me, actually bet the rate from the mini dealer. I done everything over the phone. They can also do a deal when buying from private individuals.

RyanK
9th April 2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks Ian, got in touch with them and I've pretty much got one sorted in a turn around of 10 minutes! :thumbs up:

Just a real shame however that it is around £25 more per month due to the fact I am buying the car privately. They see more of a risk providing finance to someone in a private sale :sad: Darn!

ianking
9th April 2010, 10:58 AM
Got to look at the £25 over however many months you are paying it up and see if it still a bargain going privately or if you are better getting oner at a dealer.

Gismo
9th April 2010, 02:16 PM
Also, try your bank, not the best rates, but, they don't hit you for the private sale portion

Bazthemod
9th April 2010, 02:48 PM
Mini still financed my car altho it was a private sale i just took the details of the car in and they paid the owner and set up my finance.

RyanK
13th April 2010, 09:44 AM
Finding finance for a private car is becoming a bit of a joke tbh

Only had 3 people get back to me. All of which are charging £80+ of interest on every monthly payment. A £6000 loan is effectively costing the same as a £12000 loan does from Mini Finance.

Looks like I won't have my new GP for Mothership...

ANY CHANCE? :p:sad:

Also, try your bank, not the best rates, but, they don't hit you for the private sale portion

Cheers, sorry just saw your post! I'll give them a try!

Mini still financed my car altho it was a private sale i just took the details of the car in and they paid the owner and set up my finance.

Thanks man, I emailed the finance manager at John Clark who never replied to me!

ianking
13th April 2010, 10:44 AM
Ryan
sent you a text with details of a finance company that my dealer mate uses.
Not sure if I still have the correct mobile number for you though.

SimonC
13th April 2010, 12:54 PM
Have you tried bank of scotland?

Gismo
13th April 2010, 02:04 PM
Thanks man, I emailed the finance manager at John Clark who never replied to me!Try Richard at the Dundee branch, top bloke, go through Ryan (mini sales) if you need to :thumbs up:

Bazthemod
13th April 2010, 02:19 PM
Try Richard at the Dundee branch, top bloke, go through Ryan (mini sales) if you need to :thumbs up:

I 2nd that hes done all my finance.