PDA

View Full Version : Worst film?

KenL
8th April 2010, 12:57 PM
...as a follow up to the Shawshank thread, let's vote for the worst film you've seen.

For me Face Off - can't stand Nicholas Cage because of this film!

Either that or Mr & Mrs Smith, that awful movie starting Brangolina :frown:

euan
8th April 2010, 01:08 PM
Con Air is pretty bad as well.

I like Nicholas Cage films in general, usually because they are so cheesy and awful. National treasure for example, truly awful film but very watchable.

Swept Away, that Madonna thing - that was shockingly bad.

Stewart
8th April 2010, 01:10 PM
As said Vanilla Sky although Starship Troopers is a close second. oh aye and that Beaches film, you feel like jumping off a building its that sad......

I’d consider the above harmless compared to these although missed Swept Away and if its Got Madonna is going to be bad.

Craig
8th April 2010, 02:01 PM
Oh brother where art thou !!! :thud:

Gismo
8th April 2010, 02:03 PM
Erazorhead

Burple
8th April 2010, 02:42 PM
Con Air is pretty bad as well.

No Way!!! That's one of my favourite flicks ever... it's so cheesily bad it's awesome! :laugh::laugh::laugh::p

"...Put the bunny back in the box!..."

N16SHP
8th April 2010, 03:07 PM
At risk of turning this into a Nicholas Cage thread, I quite enjoyed "The Rock".

Worst film has to be AI, understood it, just through it was super boring!

AndyP & Lenore
8th April 2010, 03:27 PM
Oh brother where art thou !!! :thud:

Noooooooo!!! That's an excellent Coen bros film.

A. :D

euan
8th April 2010, 03:33 PM

I'll second that, brilliant film.

I think anything with Cage is never going to win an Oscar, but they are usually pretty cheesy and good fun as a result.

Anything with Madonna or Paris Hilton however, you can guarantee it'll be crap. Same with that woman in the Ben Affleck film (another one who earns loads and can't act), what was it? Gigli or something?

KenL
8th April 2010, 04:07 PM

I agree, excellent film.

pot007
8th April 2010, 04:48 PM
'Be Kind, Rewind' or 'Tenacious D, The Pick of Destiny' both are truly awful......

zimbo
8th April 2010, 05:35 PM
Off the top of my head 1st thing that comes into my head is 'Undercover brother' what a load of pish that was and my mates will never let me forget it coz I wanted to see it after seeing the previews and thinking it looked pretty funny and they duelly came along as well and thats about 1 1/2 of our three lives we'll NEVER get back!!! :rolleyes: :frown: :yawn:

Fester
8th April 2010, 07:17 PM
Superbad - worst film I have ever seen.

AndyP & Lenore
8th April 2010, 08:26 PM
Been chatting about this with Lenore. Pretty sure Magnolia is the only film we've got half way through and ditched because it was just so truly awful. Won a bunch of awards too. strange.

A.:D

baptie
8th April 2010, 09:19 PM
Mr & Mrs Smith, Kinda liked it.......maybe coz I would eat chips out of Angelina's undies! :blush:

Con Air - Saw it about 5 times.....kinda likes that tae!

Worst film has got to be Hatchet, thats 2hrs of my life I will never see again. REALLY wanted to turn off but I thought it would get better.......nope!

Ferengo
9th April 2010, 12:02 AM
I was really looking forward to this film but when I saw it I really didn't like it, "Lost in translation". Just didn't get the hype. Also all of the lord of the rings films and the twilight films are pretty boring.

In saying that my favourite movie I hated when I first watched it. That was Super troopers. So I may like lost in translation if I watched it again but I really can't be bothered to.

zimbo
9th April 2010, 12:36 AM
All of the lord of the rings films are pretty boring.

WOT!!! :thud:

euan
9th April 2010, 07:21 AM
I was really looking forward to this film but when I saw it I really didn't like it, "Lost in translation". Just didn't get the hype. Also all of the lord of the rings films and the twilight films are pretty boring.

I like Lost in Translation, but I need to be in the right mood for it.

Magnolia - who was in that again?

AndyP & Lenore
9th April 2010, 10:23 AM
Magnolia - who was in that again?

More a question of who wasn't in it.

Magnolia on IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0175880/)

A.

euan
9th April 2010, 02:11 PM
More a question of who wasn't in it.

Magnolia on IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0175880/)

A.

That's a massive cast list! Still don't think I've seen it though.

camjay
10th April 2010, 09:55 AM
I'm sure I've posted this before, but the worst film I've ever seen is The Naked Lunch (I think its a David Cronenberg (Sp?) film). The biggest load of mince I have ever seen in my life! Somebody has got to watch it - its so utterly bonkers and pointless. I think its about an acid trip - you'd need to be on acid to watch it! CRAP!

LightningStevie
12th April 2010, 09:46 AM
Meet the parents. Its one of the very few films I have switched off. I rarely do that, but I just couldn't take all the obvious jokes any more.

Brokeback Mountain was also a film I didn't get the hype of. Was bored through it.

LOTR's boring?? Couldn't disagree more with that! They were all absolutely magnificent! Twilight and New Moon can be boring, but I enjoyed them having read the books. You either get them or not.

As for actors I can't stand, Cage is up there, but so is (and I may get linched for this) Clint eastwood. Gives me the creeps for some reason

Oh and I can't believe no one has mentioned 2012! 2 hours too long and utterly predictable

baptie
12th April 2010, 10:06 AM
Brokeback Mountain was also a film I didn't get the hype of. Was bored through it.

Bored to tears plus dodgy content!

LOTR's boring?? Couldn't disagree more with that! They were all absolutely magnificent!

Loved them, the way they were shot was amazing.

Clint eastwood. Gives me the creeps for some reason

You have to admit Gran Torino is a top film though?

LightningStevie
12th April 2010, 11:26 AM
Bored to tears plus dodgy content!

I wouldn't say it was dodgy content, but even though I'm gay, i didn't like it. could have been something special but it wasn't

You have to admit Gran Torino is a top film though?

Won't watch anything with him in it, so haven't seen it sorry lol

Stewart
12th April 2010, 12:50 PM
How can you not like Clint! So you missed all the Dirty Harry films, The Spaghetti Westerns and one of my all time fav war movies Where Eagles Dare. I have to emit with me and the Westerns like a Fist Full of Dollars I watch them as it takes me back to when I was young and me and my dad would watch them.

LOTR was epic on the big screen over the three films, but I guess you had to have read the book when you were young. I have a mate who has never seen the original Star Wars.

euan
12th April 2010, 12:59 PM
Clint has made some epic films, not all of them easy to watch. Though Firefox was pretty bad...

baptie
12th April 2010, 03:55 PM
Won't watch anything with him in it, so haven't seen it sorry lol

Honesty, take my word for it.
I hate Clint films and I was told how good Gran Turino was.

Got it out bargain bin in HMV, really enjoyed it.

Stewart
12th April 2010, 08:18 PM
Firefox was a bit cheesy but I liked it.

bry_mini
12th April 2010, 08:30 PM
for me it was a film called Wilbur wants to kill himself!!! Jeez man that was depressing!
funny thing is, it was the first film i went to see with my girlfriend a few years ago.....wrong choice for a first film lol!! we still joke about it!
anyone seen it???

Stewart
12th April 2010, 10:50 PM
I know its not the right thread but one of the worst sounding films that my friend said to watch was an Australian portaloo salesman. It was original, and really funny. Comes under the "fictionalised documentary"

Kenny
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/81/Kenny_the_Movie_Poster.png