PDA

View Full Version : Shawshank Redemption.

AndyP & Lenore
6th April 2010, 09:55 PM
A couple of years ago Lenore and I bought our good friend Craig a DVD of Shawshank Redemption for his birthday. We were concerned that his DVD shelf was filled with the filmic treats of Kevin & Perry Go Large, Step Brothers..... basically anything that lacks any kind of intelligence, plot, theatrical depth or is in any way engaging.:moonie:

Also, it was only about £3 in a bargain bucket in ASDA IIRC.:yes nod:

To this date he refuses to watch it as he feels it is "cr@p" and contiuously calls it Shimpshank.:frown:

So, can I put this to a vote...

Shawshank Redemption...

One of the best films ever made.
Cr@p.

Votes on a postcard please.

A.:D

Scottie
6th April 2010, 10:00 PM
whats Redemprtion!!!

The Dogfather
6th April 2010, 10:05 PM
Similar to redemption but with fingers that are tired from being wagged

Craig, watch the film its worth the time if nothing else.

marc_v33
6th April 2010, 10:08 PM
yip i can say this is the best film i have ever watched!!!

Bazthemod
6th April 2010, 10:16 PM
We got forced to watch it at school multiple times... hence reason i hate it lol

Stewart
6th April 2010, 10:19 PM
One of the best films ever made? Lets just say I'd say it was up there or dam close.

I loved it, really strong characters and the bonds they form in a good old fashion great storyline and let’s be frank there isn’t that many about these days. It draws you in. unfortunately it became over fashionable a bit like the A Brief History of Time. Still a great film.

See I liked “A Beautiful Mind” and I know friends that think it’s the biggest load of tripe out.

Now vanilla Sky’s that is the worst few hours of my Viewing life, I never felt cheated out of time before at a Cinema.

AndyP & Lenore
6th April 2010, 10:31 PM
whats Redemprtion!!!
:blush:

A.:moonie:

Scottie
6th April 2010, 10:33 PM
can we have it's a really good film but not the best film ever button please

AndyP & Lenore
6th April 2010, 10:34 PM
can we have it's a really good film but not the best film ever button please

No.:moonie:

First option is "ONE of the best films ever made." Not THE best film ever made so that kinda covers it anyway.:thumbs up:

Gismo
6th April 2010, 10:44 PM
Yep, great movie and on my Region 1 (A) list here in the USA

Sheilz
7th April 2010, 12:09 AM
LOL Even I've seen this one on several occasions. I thought it was pretty good too.

Anyone seen 'The Boy In The Stripped Pyjammas' - watched it at the weekend. Got the most awful ending, one you dont want to happen but also want to happen just so the Kommandant gets a taste of his own medicine.

Burple
7th April 2010, 09:30 AM
No Brainer. Top 3 material. End of! :thumbs up::D

Craig's just scared he'll cry like a big sissy girl at the end :sad:;)

IMHO, it's got Morgan Freeman in it.. therefore it's an awesome film. That's just the rules! :yes nod::thumbs up:

Burple
7th April 2010, 09:31 AM
LOL Even I've seen this one on several occasions. I thought it was pretty good too.

Anyone seen 'The Boy In The Stripped Pyjammas' - watched it at the weekend. Got the most awful ending, one you dont want to happen but also want to happen just so the Kommandant gets a taste of his own medicine.

Fi bought that the other week.. not been forced to w... er.. I mean had the pleasure yet... :laugh::laugh:;):p

Craig
7th April 2010, 10:27 AM
never brought it on hols with me, so still not watched it..... I never said it was cr*p, just that it didn't look like my type of film.... ;) Now where is my copy of Mall Cop I got in Fort William :lol:

Delboy
7th April 2010, 12:19 PM
Shawshank Redemption is a superb movie :thumbs up:

KenL
7th April 2010, 12:33 PM
Shawshank is superb. Although very harrowing in places it really is a good guy beats bad feel good film.

My all time favourite movie is Taxi Driver.

ianking
7th April 2010, 12:59 PM
Its a must have in everyones film collection.

Craig
7th April 2010, 01:06 PM
My all time favourite movie is Taxi Driver.

aye Queen Latifah is great in that movie - got that one with me on hols aswell.... ;)

Colin
7th April 2010, 02:23 PM
Great film, it's in my collection.

Stewart
7th April 2010, 03:58 PM
Not seen Taxi Driver:blush: or the Godfather.

euan
7th April 2010, 04:38 PM
Love Shawshank, great film. Taxi Driver is brutal, but an awesome film. Godfather is also very very good, makes me want to be making home made meatballs though!

We've been recording loads of films on our Virgin box, not had time to watch any yet though! Even better now Film 4 is on in HD :-) Recorded The Flying Scotsman and In The Loop last week, really looking forward to them.

Mon the fish
7th April 2010, 07:08 PM
One of the best films ever made? Lets just say I'd say it was up there or dam close.

Now vanilla Sky’s that is the worst few hours of my Viewing life, I never felt cheated out of time before at a Cinema.

I thought the 250 GTO almost redeemed it. Almost...

AndyP & Lenore
7th April 2010, 07:14 PM
Now where is my copy of Mall Cop I got in Fort William :lol:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!:hand:

AndyP & Lenore
7th April 2010, 07:21 PM
aye Queen Latifah is great in that movie - got that one with me on hols aswell.... ;)

PMSL.:laugh:

Queen Latifah in TAXI.
http://www.crankycritic.com/archive04/posters/taxi.jpg

DeNiro in the classic TAXI DRIVER
http://notesofafilmfanatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/taxi_driver_poster1.jpg

Very different films.:thumbs up:

KenL
7th April 2010, 08:02 PM
Yes, I am talking the Scorsese directed classic with de Niro!

Never heard of that thang with Queen Latifah???

PMSL.:laugh:

Queen Latifah in TAXI.
http://www.crankycritic.com/archive04/posters/taxi.jpg

DeNiro in the classic TAXI DRIVER
http://notesofafilmfanatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/taxi_driver_poster1.jpg

Very different films.:thumbs up:

LightningStevie
7th April 2010, 09:52 PM
Gotta be one of the best films! I remember watching it when I was a teenager with a mate thinking I was gonna be bored out of my mind. But by he end of it I absolutely loved it! Watches it loads of times, never get bored of it! You gotta watch it craig!

Kren__
8th April 2010, 12:47 PM

Clearly you've never had the misfortune to watch Johnny Mnemonic...

Shawshank's so good I've got two copies.

Oh and on the topic of great movies, never forget the Dude.

Stewart
8th April 2010, 01:15 PM
Clearly you've never had the misfortune to watch Johnny Mnemonic...

Nope missed that one.....

Burple
8th April 2010, 02:41 PM
Oh and on the topic of great movies, never forget the Dude.

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

stoney
8th April 2010, 06:36 PM
never seen it so can not vote

Fester
8th April 2010, 07:14 PM
Shawshank - best film ever - Written by Stephen King, the man is a genius.

...and if you've come this far, maybe you'd come a bit further.
...You remember the name of the town, don't you?
...Zihuatanejo.
...I could use a good man to help me get my project on wheels.
...I'll keep an eye out for you, and the chessboard ready.