PDA

View Full Version : Spotted this while out on my bike

Ally S
4th April 2010, 09:51 PM
My friend reckons its an Adder - which means I should probably not have gotten so close. I nearly stood on it!

http://www.asta.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/oldk2.jpg

Delboy
4th April 2010, 10:07 PM
Oh yes, that's an Adder :eek: - awesome, I've always wanted to see one in the wild!

satans little helper
4th April 2010, 10:12 PM
thats horrid i hate the hell beasts!!!!

Stewart
4th April 2010, 10:12 PM
I nearly walked on one while doing the west Highland way years ago, I hate snakes but you don’t think when your in Scotland your near them.

Great Pic.

SimonC
4th April 2010, 11:02 PM
a snake in the UK?

AndyP & Lenore
4th April 2010, 11:09 PM
Horrid things.

But at least an adder is fairly easy to spot. You just have to listen carefully. As you're cycling or walking in the woods if you hear this mantra... "1+1 is 2, 2+2 is 4, 3+3 is 6, 4+4 is.....". Hide!

A. :laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
4th April 2010, 11:26 PM
Without a doubt an Adder, a member of the Viper family, and also known as a Vipera Berus.

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vipera_berus) has more detail.

Ally, it looks like you'd have been sort of OK if it had bitten you. Chances are it would have been more scared of you than you of it.:laugh:

Not that I'm saying you are a scary person....:Whistle:

A.:D

zimbo
5th April 2010, 11:17 AM
Och thats just a baby.... :rolleyes: Wait till you go to Africa, then you'll see REAL snakes!!! :yes nod: :lol:

I was apparently once caught playing with baby 'Black Mambas' in our garden back home as a little fud...

satans little helper
5th April 2010, 11:19 AM
Horrid things.

But at least an adder is fairly easy to spot. You just have to listen carefully. As you're cycling or walking in the woods if you hear this mantra... "1+1 is 2, 2+2 is 4, 3+3 is 6, 4+4 is.....". Hide!

lol good 1

m8cxc
5th April 2010, 12:57 PM
:laugh:
Horrid things.

lol

Burple
5th April 2010, 01:39 PM
Och thats just a baby.... :rolleyes: Wait till you go to Africa, then you'll see REAL snakes!!! :yes nod: :lol:

I was apparently once caught playing with baby 'Black Mambas' in our garden back home as a little fud...

Must.....try... To Resist.... Jokes.......

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gismo
5th April 2010, 01:44 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:X 2 :lol:

Delboy
5th April 2010, 02:18 PM

x3 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
5th April 2010, 03:39 PM

X4 :lol:

A.

Livi
5th April 2010, 03:43 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

zimbo
5th April 2010, 03:44 PM

You are alive then??????????

X 2 :lol:

X4 :lol:

A.

:moonie: :moonie:

euan
5th April 2010, 05:13 PM
When we were on a walking safari on our honeymoon tracking lions, the guide jumped a mile. We were in single file in tall grasses. Turned out he'd nearly walked onto a spitting cobra - which was coiled up and ready to strike.

I don't know what I was more scared of after that, the snakes or the wild lions!!!