PDA

View Full Version : what color? help please

josh_r53
4th April 2010, 06:35 PM
right, I have a hyper blue cooper s with a white roof and black 1.2s, recently i dented the bonnet and got a new one in black primer.

the question is I like the idea of having a different colored bonnet, but should i get the roof vinyled black to match the bonnet or the bonnet vinyled white to match the roof?

I am really unsure so any input is greatly welcomed

cheers, josh

Craig
4th April 2010, 06:39 PM
you got any pics so we can maybe get one of the "photoshoppers" to do a mock up for you ;) SJ is particularly good at it. :thumbs up:

Delboy
4th April 2010, 06:57 PM
I think some photo mock-ups would be essential in this case. I'm thinking a big "no" to a different coloured bonnet :frown:, but maybe the photos will show it to be :cool:. (I didn't think I'd ever put black wheels on my car......:smilewinkgrin:)

AndyP & Lenore
4th April 2010, 08:24 PM
Contrast, or different colour bonnet has never looked good (IMHO) before. However, it's your MINI and if you like the idea...

Like others have said, some Photoshop work may aide the decision making.

A.

The Dogfather
4th April 2010, 08:29 PM
Bad idea IMO

MrMischief
4th April 2010, 09:21 PM
I agree with everyone else, a contrasting colour bonnet would be a bad move :frown:

How about photoshopping a nice 'blowing' chequered flag design on the bonnet & carrying it onto the roof if you want something different??

Forbes
4th April 2010, 09:25 PM
Sounds horrific. Though each to their own.

N16SHP
5th April 2010, 12:22 PM
I'm afraid I have to agree with others that i'm not a fan of different bonnet. However, don't let us change what you think, its you that has to drive it, and as i've said before, the Mini's are amazing as you can do so much to them to make one of them unique!

Burple
6th April 2010, 09:36 AM
Saw the car last night - parked near the Uni Library, right? ;)

Honestly.. don't think black or white would suit the rest of the car, I liked the way it looked before with the plain blue bonnet. Didi it have a Carbon scoop too?

..all just personal opinions tho.. ya gotta make it look how you want it! Sorry, not much help with the PS mock ups either..

stoney
6th April 2010, 09:48 AM
dont do it just have it as the blue norm

josh_r53
6th April 2010, 03:20 PM
cheers for the replies, yeh I'm still thinking............ need to wait till i find out the money situation this month,

Just found out Lohens replacing my exhaust for free so It looks promising.

I will try get some photos up soon. I like it different =D