PDA

View Full Version : F150 Gets A Wash

Gismo
2nd April 2010, 05:36 PM
Decided to give the truck a wash today :thumbs up:
Unreal, it's so hot as soon as you wash an area it dries up leaving worse streaks than when you started, Ian, get over here quickly :yes nod:

Getting to the roof is a wee bit dodgy :Whistle:

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/member_pictures/the_gismo_man/f150_harley/wash_truck.jpg

stoney
2nd April 2010, 05:39 PM
you could have just jupmed in the boot(or trunk as u will now say) looks like its nice and hot there we have sun today but still cold

Mini Ecosse
2nd April 2010, 05:50 PM
Health & Safety - anything over 2 metres high requires a working platform :lol::lol:

ianking
2nd April 2010, 06:20 PM
Alan
Im happy to pop over the water and do it for free if you fly me over and put me up for a couple days.:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
2nd April 2010, 06:26 PM
love your picture gave me a wee laugh a Scotsman abroad love it. Get the sun cream slapped on man and don't forget yer head.:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin::p

Stewart
2nd April 2010, 07:01 PM
You'll Need a water filter in that sun.........get the parts per million well down.

Love the pic, we just got the snow again this week.

Delboy
2nd April 2010, 07:30 PM
Looks like quite a job washing that size of vehicle - at least you get a tan in the process though!

Craig
2nd April 2010, 08:13 PM
He's a kinda pale blue !!!!! :lol:

Not sure you need to be topless tho ;)

Crombers
3rd April 2010, 07:55 AM
Just run the thing through that pool of yours :thumbs up:

Gismo
3rd April 2010, 01:17 PM
Meant to say, most of the local stores carry the Meguiars range of products, i bought the gold class shampoo for 9 US Dollars, that seems to be pretty cheap compared to the UK?
The truck is covered with swirl marks and is a result of the heat and folks not doing the job correctly.

It's unreal how quick the water evaporates, so, from now on it's gonna be one panel at a time, wash and clean, buff off the streaks and then some scratch X and then wax, when i can be bothered :Whistle:

euan
3rd April 2010, 06:19 PM
Meant to say, most of the local stores carry the Meguiars range of products, i bought the gold class shampoo for 9 US Dollars, that seems to be pretty cheap compared to the UK?
The truck is covered with swirl marks and is a result of the heat and folks not doing the job correctly.

It's unreal how quick the water evaporates, so, from now on it's gonna be one panel at a time, wash and clean, buff off the streaks and then some scratch X and then wax, when i can be bothered :Whistle:

Sorry, did i read that right? You actually bought car washing products, and used them, and were worried about the finish? Man, what on earth do they put in the water in the States!!! :-)

Either way, looks a big job to wash that monster, rather you than me!

john
30th May 2010, 11:41 AM
Unbelievable:computer:

Years of not cleaning his mini's and then buys a megga huge Tonka toy and decides to clean it:argh: