PDA

View Full Version : pi55 taking you say

satans little helper
2nd April 2010, 04:01 PM
price off petrols a dam pi55 take seems to go up a penny most days....grrrr :argh:

Gismo
2nd April 2010, 04:18 PM
I know how you feel, i pay $2.83 a gallon now which is up to 40 pence a litre :ragin: :Whistle:

stoney
2nd April 2010, 05:32 PM
I know how you feel, i pay $2.83 a gallon now which is up to 40 pence a litre :ragin: :Whistle:

40p a litre thats shockin i wish it was 40p a litre jamy bugger price of petrol is stupid i dont see why we should pay so much for it

Mini Ecosse
2nd April 2010, 05:52 PM
Price always seems to go up in price before the Easter break :argh:

satans little helper
2nd April 2010, 06:04 PM
hopefully it will come back down soon its £1.18 in kirkcaldy just now!! was only 70 odd pence a litre when i 1st started driving lol. oh the good old days...

zimbo
2nd April 2010, 06:08 PM
Well this is what I think of the price of fuel in this country and the money grabbing Government and fuel companies... :moonie::moonie::moonie: bunch of greedy bast***s :ragin:

Stewart
2nd April 2010, 07:10 PM
I remember I could get to Fort-William and Back on a £10 when I started driving. :thumbs up:

I’m waiting on those strikes again, bound to happen as you can only puss so far before people decide “right that’s enough”

euan
2nd April 2010, 07:23 PM
I'm up to £70 a week to fill the Audi these days. It hurts!

satans little helper
2nd April 2010, 08:54 PM
I'm up to £70 a week to fill the Audi these days. It hurts!

thats brutal!

yous think itll come down anytime soon?

AndyP & Lenore
2nd April 2010, 08:58 PM
I’m waiting on those strikes again, bound to happen as you can only puss so far before people decide “right that’s enough”

You really think it will make a difference though. It didn't the last time.:frown:

A.

Stewart
2nd April 2010, 10:24 PM
Yeah everyone went into panic mode. I had two cars at the time a brand new Honda and an AX, the Honda had to sit there with no unleaded but the AX was fine it was still on leaded....I was like great brand new car sitting there and I'm out in the old car.

The Dogfather
2nd April 2010, 10:44 PM
The government has plans drawn up to ensure fuel gets through, any disruption would be very short lived.

euan
3rd April 2010, 06:16 PM
Won't make any difference to strike. The issue is the cartel that control the fuel prices, though government taxation doesn't really help. Fuels gone up by about 15p a litre in the last year for me, really ramped up in the last few weeks though, but none of that is fuel duty rises.

Stewart
3rd April 2010, 07:40 PM
Its 1.17 for me just now at my local Shell, God knows was the super unleaded is.

Scottie
3rd April 2010, 08:17 PM
there is more profit to be had in the shop on a retail site then what there is from the fuel you can believe that or not but it's a fact.

Craig
3rd April 2010, 08:46 PM
there is more profit to be had in the shop on a retail site then what there is from the fuel you can believe that or not but it's a fact.

tooo true. My sister-in-law used to run the Shell station on Grahams Road in Falkirk and without the shop she would have gone out of business ;)

The Dogfather
3rd April 2010, 08:56 PM
Everyone blames the fuel companies the biggest culpricks are the government, the motorist has been hit very hard.

The worst thing is that its a tax on a tax, you pay for the fuel with your wages that have already been taxed.

Scottie
3rd April 2010, 09:06 PM
you also got remember oil is platts priced not only is fuel more expensive week on week or month on month keeping that in mind any thing you buy that is made of plastic and the likes is more expensive take your bottle of tomato sauce washing powder milk bottle milk top the list goes on and on

Sheilz
3rd April 2010, 11:17 PM
Road tax is down though. I went to renew Dougall's licence. DVLA notice had it as £120 for year but when I phoned to pay it was £110. A little bit of comfort there unless of course they've made a mistake somewhere.

stoney
3rd April 2010, 11:19 PM
Its 1.17 for me just now at my local Shell, God knows was the super unleaded is.

well the last time i put some in it was £1.22 a liter for v-power

Craig
4th April 2010, 09:17 AM
the most I have paid recently for v-power was 128.9 in falkirk :thud: and that was 3 weeks ago !!!

Delboy
19th April 2010, 09:28 AM
Filled up with regular unleaded this morning (still had both red lights lit on the fuel gauge so tank wasn't completely empty) and it cost me £53 :frown:. The price was 119.9p/litre :argh:.

GCA3N
19th April 2010, 09:32 AM
You think that was bad I had 3 lights on and manged to put in £50 in at 134.9 p/litre Arran is great but who can afford these fuel prices.

Craig
19th April 2010, 09:39 AM
Worst over the weekend was 129.9. For regular unleaded in a motorway services !!!!!!!

GCA3N
19th April 2010, 09:40 AM
Worst over the weekend was 129.9. For regular unleaded in a motorway services !!!!!!!

Shocking too. Where will this end.

Oh btw 135p a litre is £6.13 a gallon.

Delboy
19th April 2010, 10:16 AM
You think that was bad I had 3 lights on and manged to put in £50 in at 134.9 p/litre Arran is great but who can afford these fuel prices.

Yeah, that is bad Greig. But then you will live on an island.....:lol:

No ripping-off going on there then.....:rolleyes: :frown:

GCA3N
19th April 2010, 11:13 AM
Oh I know del it's got it's good points and bad ones too. I normally fill up b4 I come over and that is ok on my two weeks but always need more on my 4 weeks. I actually cringe handing money over for fuel on here.

Big Gordy
19th April 2010, 01:14 PM
Oh btw 135p a litre is £6.13 a gallon.

When I started driving a gallon of 5 star was under 50p:thud: but then again so was a pint...lol

GCA3N
19th April 2010, 02:07 PM
When I started driving a gallon of 5 star was under 50p:thud: but then again so was a pint...lol

Did you not also have someone walking in front of the car with a flag as you drove lol.

We don't buy fizzy pop and it was the other day I saw a 2 litre bottle of coke for £2.50 when did it go up so much?

Fartin Martin
19th April 2010, 02:14 PM
Did you not also have someone walking in front of the car with a flag as you drove lol.

We don't buy fizzy pop and it was the other day I saw a 2 litre bottle of coke for £2.50 when did it go up so much?

prob round about the same time a petrol! :p

I wanna throw up everytime im in the petrol station! although i did go to a Shell in kinda between giffnock and pollock and it was £1.17..pretty pleased! lol

euan
19th April 2010, 03:03 PM
I know I've said it before, but you guys all use petrolprices.com don't you?

Stick in your postcode and it tells you the nearest, cheapest place to get fuel.

Still costs you an arm and leg like, but at least you know you paid the least you had to!

Fartin Martin
19th April 2010, 03:06 PM
I know I've said it before, but you guys all use petrolprices.com don't you?

Stick in your postcode and it tells you the nearest, cheapest place to get fuel.

Still costs you an arm and leg like, but at least you know you paid the least you had to!

are you joking?? i never knew this..im going for a swatch just now

cheers dude!! :D

euan
19th April 2010, 04:11 PM
are you joking?? i never knew this..im going for a swatch just now

cheers dude!! :D

If you sign up they send you reminders too ;-)

GCA3N
19th April 2010, 05:21 PM
I get Brodick 135p or whiting bay 135p or black water foot 135p..... Decisions decisions lol

illegalhunter
20th April 2010, 09:27 AM
Just to let you see how much tax is on Derv i buy the red stuff for the plant on Building sites and this week it costs 54.11 ppl