PDA

View Full Version : Megan Manifold

Mon the fish
1st April 2010, 11:40 AM
Anyone got any experience, good or bad, of one of these? Seen them for half the price of other manifolds, too good to be true surely?

stoney
1st April 2010, 01:32 PM
i have the gtt/janspeed one and would not go past it it a fab bit of kit

ELFMAN
2nd April 2010, 01:44 PM
Never heard of that - who is she? Are they made in Wales? Sorry.

I had a Playmini Manifold on my old JCW210 and loved it, except it made my Emission Warning Light come on... but ran like a dream. What does it this one cost? Must be about £200 if it's half the price of the others - I'd beware of overly cheap bits - makes you wonder where the corners are being cut to cut the price. Does it come with an integral Catalytic Converter at that price? Stoney's has the option of running a separate Sports Cat, or a De-Cat pipe like he's done, which is handy. The Playmini had the cat as part of the manifold, which means you're stuck with it, and if the cat goes, the manifiold goes with it. I'd save up and go for the Gtt or one of the recognised ones.

josh_r53
4th April 2010, 06:41 PM
theres loads of information on these on NAM and such. Just do a search. As far as cheap manifolds go the megans meant to be ok but a load of folk use the OBX manifolds which are the same price like £160 or something. For the money pretty good. Cant beat the Janspeed or the like though.