PDA

View Full Version : Guess the location...

AndyP & Lenore
25th March 2010, 09:56 PM
On our holybags in the convertible. Found this stunning road sweeping round the coast. Who can guess where it's at?

A.

ianking
25th March 2010, 10:03 PM
****burnspath or Eyemouth, if so you didnt holiday very far so Im probably wrong

damn forum thinks Im trying to swear but it should read co-ck-burns-path

AndyP & Lenore
25th March 2010, 10:07 PM
****burnspath or Eyemouth, if so you didnt holiday very far so Im probably wrong

damn forum thinks Im trying to swear but it should read co-ck-burns-path

No try again.

Craig
25th March 2010, 10:07 PM
Englandshire.... :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
25th March 2010, 10:09 PM

Not very specific.

condor
25th March 2010, 10:10 PM
Lokks like the road from portrush to ballycastle !!!!!! in ireland...probably wrong but it looks familiar as i drive along it every 8 weeks.

AndyP & Lenore
25th March 2010, 10:18 PM
Lokks like the road from portrush to ballycastle !!!!!! in ireland...probably wrong but it looks familiar as i drive along it every 8 weeks.

Nope.:frown: Haven't left the UK mainland.

A.:D

Craig
25th March 2010, 10:20 PM

Not very specific.

Nope.:frown: Haven't left the UK mainland.

So I was right then... ;)

AndyP & Lenore
25th March 2010, 10:23 PM
So I was right then... ;)

In a very generic sense.:hand:

And when you look at Lenore's post, she didn't say you were wrong, just not very specific.:yes nod:

Besides, you know where we've gone, so it probably wouldn't be rocket science for you to guess where we were today.:popcorn:

A.:yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
25th March 2010, 10:28 PM
Another wee pic...

Today was a gorgeous day, sun shining all day, had the top down everywhere we went.

A.

Craig
25th March 2010, 10:34 PM
:lol:

Ok, my guess is either Solway Firth or Near Royal Lytham St Annes... :thumbs up:

Gismo
25th March 2010, 10:38 PM

Ok, my guess is either Solway Firth or Near Royal Lytham St Annes... :thumbs up:Thought i recognised it

AndyP & Lenore
25th March 2010, 11:03 PM

Ok, my guess is either Solway Firth or Near Royal Lytham St Annes... :thumbs up:

Neither

Neil and Lorna
26th March 2010, 06:33 PM
:popcorn::popcorn:

Crombers
26th March 2010, 07:30 PM
Oi , bugger off my driveway !!

:rolleyes:

Scottie
26th March 2010, 07:41 PM
Looks like Wales to me the great orme heritage coast road no doubt i'm 100% wrong.

AndyP & Lenore
26th March 2010, 09:01 PM
Looks like Wales to me the great orme heritage coast road no doubt i'm 100% wrong.

Fi is 100% correct.:thumbs up:

Fantastic road, although driving along the road with a huge crumbling rock wall to our left was a bit disconcerting. There was a fair bit of rock fall lying on the road. And we had the top down too. S'ok, would probably have hit Lenore first.:laugh:

Scottie
26th March 2010, 09:51 PM
Fi is 100% correct.:thumbs up:

Fantastic road, although driving along the road with a huge crumbling rock wall to our left was a bit disconcerting. There was a fair bit of rock fall lying on the road. And we had the top down too. S'ok, would probably have hit Lenore first.:laugh:

that's what comes from touring the good old UK for years in a caravan not many roads we have not been on. Last there in 2007 for a couple of weeks when I had my 6 months break from work.

AndyP & Lenore
26th March 2010, 11:42 PM
On the way down we drove down the Buttertubs pass. Not very impressed to be honest. Very short road and fairly dull. The Kirkstone pass we drove in November was waaay better.

A.

Stewart
27th March 2010, 01:42 AM
I was going to do both last year, left the east cost and drove along my favourite Yorkshire road from Scarborough through picturesque Thorton le Dale on the A170, Pickering, Helmsley, Sutton Bank and Thirsk etc in blue sky and a summers morning but by the time I had gone round the scenic route to the north of the buttuertubbs and came south over it it had gone dark just as I headed on to Kendal. Just at the M6 the rain come on heavy so gave the Lakes a miss.

I’m going to miss the Tubbs and go along to Kendal and the lakes and do the Windermere through the Kingstone pass etc to penrith along that A692. It does look far better. With the Tubbs the actual drive to them was nice but as you said very short and I would only do it again on the passing. The applecross road is better than the tubbs just for the thrill.

Looking forward to the coming back the lakes on the 12th june.

illegalhunter
31st March 2010, 03:06 PM
Who cares , what a gorgus car

AndyP & Lenore
31st March 2010, 03:30 PM
Who cares , what a gorgus car

Cheers John.:thumbs up:

Best car we've ever owned.:yes nod:

More pics in this thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?18504-Our-new-toy&p=219082#post219082)

minimad
31st March 2010, 03:52 PM
looks like scarbourgh could be wrong!!

euan
31st March 2010, 04:55 PM
Cheers John.:thumbs up:

Best car we've ever owned.:yes nod:

More pics in this thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?18504-Our-new-toy&p=219082#post219082)

It's funny, the 3 series I had which the 6 cylinder was the best car I have had as well. Can't beat the noise :-)

The Dogfather
31st March 2010, 06:26 PM
On the way down we drove down the Buttertubs pass. Not very impressed to be honest. Very short road and fairly dull. The Kirkstone pass we drove in November was waaay better.

A.

I always said it was overrated, I'll post up and alternative route back for you that's an epic driving road.

Stewart
31st March 2010, 06:30 PM
Glad you said about the Kirkstone, I think I was missing the second turn off which I guess is the right road even if it meets up with the main road at that pub. Paul's got this thing for this road above the A66 :smilewinkgrin:

The Dogfather
31st March 2010, 06:33 PM
Andy, try these roads here (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=kirkby+stephen&daddr=middleton+in+teesdale+to:alston+to:melmerby+ to:alston+to:haydon&geocode=FTQrPwMdkSrc_yk7wTsxrkJ8SDH8azMoFRYhCA%3BF U57QQMdj0vg_ykzzwaf6jZ8SDHA32ztnvkMBQ%3BFVBfRAMdMb _a_yntxucWVE18SDFqpeVlPVef7A%3B%3B%3B&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=54.949625,-2.324638&sspn=0.111992,0.308647&ie=UTF8&z=9)

There's a nice bakery in Melmerby that's worth a stop, the road from Alston to Melmerby and then back (Hartside) is worth the detour and trust me once you've done it once, you'll want to go back over it again.

Stewart
31st March 2010, 06:37 PM
How nice is the B to D part I was driving on to Bernard castle…or Brough. Doing it on June the 5th all being well on
Route.

AndyP & Lenore
31st March 2010, 07:29 PM
Cheers Paul.

Already back up the road, however. But we'll add those roads to our list of "must drives".:thumbs up:

Scottie
31st March 2010, 07:46 PM
I like the hartside pass better than Kirkstone better still try the Hardknott Pass, and then Wrynose Pass

ianking
31st March 2010, 07:54 PM
It's funny, the 3 series I had which the 6 cylinder was the best car I have had as well. Can't beat the noise :-)

Cant agree more.

The 1 series I had with the 6 cylinder was the best car I have ever owned. So much better built than a mini and the engine noise was superb