PDA

View Full Version : Phone Call to JC Aberdeen

N16SHP
25th March 2010, 05:58 PM
Had an interesting phone call with JC ABZ today, booked Roxy in to the Anti-Roll bar bushes replaced and get the diesel sound checked out.

Rang up, through to service, and just said can I get my car booked in, its been in twice before to get a rattle looked at, twice said it was the boot catch, but unfortunately its still persisting. I've been reliably informed that a common problem is with the anti-roll bar bushes, so can I get them looked at please?

The response was "You know, not all cars are the same, it's probably still the boot catch." I wasn't happy with the attitude at all. It's been in twice before and not been resolved, so was mearly asking if they can look at the bushes too.

We'll see what happens next Wednesday when the car goes in.

Livi
25th March 2010, 06:24 PM
I have heard alot of things bad about Aberdeen JC recently, can i just make note that even though we are the same company, we are 2 different apart towards customers etc.

I hope you have your problem resolved Neil :thumbs up:

N16SHP
25th March 2010, 06:38 PM
If not a'l be down to see your boys lol! Im sure things will be ok, and I have only dealt with the part department once or twice at ABZ, and it seems ok, but the service dept is not so good!

RyanK
25th March 2010, 07:45 PM
I have heard alot of things bad about Aberdeen JC recently, can i just make note that even though we are the same company, we are 2 different apart towards customers etc.

I hope you have your problem resolved Neil :thumbs up:

Haha yeah I heard that Ben has been telling you the info. Dundee sounds great!

Sorry to hear about your mishap neil

The Dogfather
25th March 2010, 08:10 PM
I had a dreadful experience with JCs in Aberdeen, basically not carrying out a service properly.

Livi
25th March 2010, 10:31 PM

Ahh but thats just a couple over the past 2 days, there IS more :rolleyes:

RyanK
25th March 2010, 11:01 PM
haha what!

Forbes
25th March 2010, 11:18 PM
Ahh but thats just a couple over the past 2 days, there IS more :rolleyes:

PM, text or BB.

Bazthemod
25th March 2010, 11:59 PM

Wouldn't be so sure lol depends who you get... especially when it comes to sales!

N16SHP
31st March 2010, 07:42 PM
Well got Roxy back today. Only a slight rattle now as they replaced the bushes, and told me the engine noise was due to a lack of oil in the engine. Apparently they had to put in 2.5 litres, which I was pretty cross about as it got a "health check" when it was getting MOT'd at John Clark in January!!!!!

They suggested also trying different petrol like vpower, anyone know if this will be worth while and make a difference to keeping the engine in better nick?

ianking
31st March 2010, 07:48 PM
Putting Vpower in wont make any difference to the engine rattle, what a load of pi$h they are telling you. The rattle is due to the timing chain tensioner not keeping the chain in the right tension. Petrol goes into the cylinders not into the timing chain area.
Go back to them and tell them you want the latest fix of PUMA number 10686850, I think they are on number 16 or so now.

Mon the fish
31st March 2010, 09:52 PM
My car is going into their bodyshop, rust on the tailgate. Anyone had any experience of JC Aberdeen's bodyshop?

N16SHP
5th April 2010, 12:19 PM
Well after driving around for the past 4 days, the rattle is back, and the engine is still making a noise. I have decided I can live with the rattle, its just part of the car, but its the noise coming from the engine I am worried about. The car is out of warranty next month, and I want it sorted before then. I get the feeling they don't want to help me because there is no money in it for them. Its sad to think that having such a crap dealer experience can make you think about going for a test drive in something else :frown:

Stewart
5th April 2010, 12:37 PM
Irvine dealer was an arse when I went to try a Dooper. Offered half what my old car was traded in for a few month later and took the huff when I did not want to deal on a box standard red Cooper when I said I wanted the Blue or Silver.

Douglas park Hamilton I wanted to check out a car but no one was there, a Girl was walking about and when I asked She said she would get the sales guy, Guy comes out takes a look and disappears. 20 minutes later I walk out.

Week later go to Menzies and the Girl could not be more helpful and they had the right car for me so bought it. Had to go back to get a new Alloy and tyre a week later off them for free but apart from that happy.

You'd think they could work out if you mess people about they will
go elsewere. Hope you get it fixed.

KenL
5th April 2010, 01:27 PM
Well after driving around for the past 4 days, the rattle is back, and the engine is still making a noise. I have decided I can live with the rattle, its just part of the car, but its the noise coming from the engine I am worried about. The car is out of warranty next month, and I want it sorted before then. I get the feeling they don't want to help me because there is no money in it for them. Its sad to think that having such a crap dealer experience can make you think about going for a test drive in something else :frown:

That's not true. Any warranty work they carry out will be billed to MINI.

If you are not happy with them, you can get warranty work carried out at any dealer.

Delboy
5th April 2010, 02:24 PM
Douglas park Hamilton I wanted to check out a car but no one was there, a Girl was walking about and when I asked She said she would get the sales guy, Guy comes out takes a look and disappears. 20 minutes later I walk out.

I think you can just be unlucky with a dealer. I got my car from DP in Hamilton and the salesman couldn't have been more helpful - even when I got the window smashed the day I collected the car he helped me make some arrangements to get the car inspected and repaired.

N16SHP
5th April 2010, 04:16 PM

If you are not happy with them, you can get warranty work carried out at any dealer.

Yeah, I'm thinking about taking it down to JC Dundee to see if they are any better!

Craig
5th April 2010, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking about taking it down to JC Dundee to see if they are any better!

Thats a defo. I took my car there after trying 2 other dealers and it was third time lucky. I was treated very well and they agreed to get my fault fixed and when I requested. ;) Top Service :yes nod:

N16SHP
5th April 2010, 06:52 PM
My only problem with JC in Dundee is I would need a courtasy car, and I dunno how that works with my age as it's not on my insurance! I'm 23 btw!

Craig
5th April 2010, 07:56 PM
My only problem with JC in Dundee is I would need a courtasy car, and I dunno how that works with my age as it's not on my insurance! I'm 23 btw!

best giving them a quick call to check, or maybe David could check for you ;)

Mon the fish
5th April 2010, 09:05 PM

That's true, but MINI won't pay them as much for labour as they would charge you as an individual - so a lot of dealers aren't interested in warranty work for this reason.

N16SHP
14th April 2010, 09:53 PM
Well Roxy was back into JCs today who were on their last chance! Problem was the same, engine rattling and after driving back from xscape on Sunday even had a couple of misfires! Phone call at 4:30 telling me after hooking up the car to the computer they found that the timing was out and replaced the timing chain with a longer one...THAT'S ONLY WHAT IVE BEEN TELLING YOU GUYS FOR THE LAST MONTH AND A HALF!!!

Happy to say though that the engine now sounds totally different and sweeter! Question for the techies, if the timing chain has been changed, is the power delivery any smoother as it certainly feels it, almost even a bit more responsive?

audrey
14th April 2010, 10:22 PM
Good to hear you got this fixed eventually :D

Craig
14th April 2010, 10:45 PM
Well I had my timing chain tensioner changed the other day and it defo feels smoother but that may just be me !!! :lol:

Mon the fish
15th April 2010, 07:38 PM
I don't know exactly how it all works, but if the timing chain has been replaced, the timing will be more accurate, and possibly the ECU will advance the ignition timing due to less knocking, and therefore smoother combustion?

KenL
15th April 2010, 07:58 PM
Well Roxy was back into JCs today who were on their last chance! Problem was the same, engine rattling and after driving back from xscape on Sunday even had a couple of misfires! Phone call at 4:30 telling me after hooking up the car to the computer they found that the timing was out and replaced the timing chain with a longer one...THAT'S ONLY WHAT IVE BEEN TELLING YOU GUYS FOR THE LAST MONTH AND A HALF!!!

Happy to say though that the engine now sounds totally different and sweeter! Question for the techies, if the timing chain has been changed, is the power delivery any smoother as it certainly feels it, almost even a bit more responsive?

Did you get any paperwork?

I would want to know if it was the latest PUMA fix for the "cold start rattle" that was carried out.

This web article makes interesting reading: http://www.motoringfile.com/2009/05/12/mini-solves-the-r56-cold-start-issue/

N16SHP
16th April 2010, 11:13 AM
No I didn't get an paperwork, just got my keys and a sweet sounding engine. It's funny, cos the engine is relatively quiet now, you can hear the exhaust more!!!