PDA

View Full Version : Heres hopeing...

zimbo
23rd March 2010, 10:11 AM
Yes heres hopeing that this weekends grand prix in Australia is a lot more exciting than the Bahrain one was!! :rolleyes:

Craig
23rd March 2010, 10:24 AM
Aye fingers crossed ;). Can't take another 2 hours of dreery motorsport :(

euan
23rd March 2010, 10:47 AM
Melbourne usually produces a bit of excitement, so here's hoping indeed!

I've been thinking about this a lot. Aero gets the blame for a lot of things, but I suspect the issue with it is really that the tyres really only work on the good line. Drivers don't make mistakes anymore as the cars are so grippy and you cannot really miss a gear.

I do think though that the racing the last 3 years has been very good in the main, and it needed tweaking but refuelling seems to have killed the whole thing. But I recall some very dull races in the past as well when we had refuelling, so who knows what the answer is.

baptie
23rd March 2010, 11:04 AM
Lets hope so.

Crombers
23rd March 2010, 11:53 AM
Here's hopeing Ferrari win again :thumbs up:

Delboy
23rd March 2010, 11:55 AM
Oh I really hope it's more exciting than Bahrain but I fear that without refuelling the races this year are going to be fairly dull......

euan
23rd March 2010, 02:59 PM
Here's hopeing Ferrari win again :thumbs up:

Here's hoping they don't :-) championships are always better when a variety of teams win, monobrow could easily walk off with the championship as it stands. There are rumours that vettels "problem" was that they had turned the fuel mix down as he was going to run out of fuel. Who knows the real reason, they certainly won't come out and say that, but if they do then Alonso will have this won by the time they leave Europe.

Crombers
23rd March 2010, 03:30 PM
Here's hoping they don't :-) championships are always better when a variety of teams win, monobrow could easily walk off with the championship as it stands. There are rumours that vettels "problem" was that they had turned the fuel mix down as he was going to run out of fuel. Who knows the real reason, they certainly won't come out and say that, but if they do then Alonso will have this won by the time they leave Europe.

So who would you like to see winning the championship?

For me Ferrari is like my football team and as such I want them to win every time

Interesting rumour re Vettel

Gismo
23rd March 2010, 04:38 PM
No refuelling makes for a rather dull pit stop

zimbo
23rd March 2010, 04:47 PM
No refuelling makes for a rather dull pit stop

And no pitstop/pitlane fires... :lol:

atnova
23rd March 2010, 05:29 PM
i wanna see mclaren to win the champ man cause mclaren is my fav, but i have spoken to the merc gp race engineer Jock clear, they said they got good datas and good chassis this year, but he also said more to develop on the car though lol

euan
23rd March 2010, 07:07 PM
So who would you like to see winning the championship?

For me Ferrari is like my football team and as such I want them to win every time

Interesting rumour re Vettel

Honestly, I'd be happy if McLaren won it as I like Button and Hamilton, Rosberg (as I think he's a good driver who can improve), Red Bull (esp Webber), and I'd even be happy if Ferrari won (I used to really like them but went right off them for the way they handled the US GP farce).

I really just want overtaking and excitement from the pinnacle of motorsport and so long as Herr Schumacher doesn't win, I'm happy. As it stands, the Porsche Super Cup support race is a better viewing (it's on Eurosport over the weekend as well).

zimbo
23rd March 2010, 07:22 PM
As it stands, the Porsche Super Cup support race is a better viewing (it's on Eurosport over the weekend as well).

Superb, I never knew you could get coverage of the GP support races, I just hope I have Eurosport so I can watch them... I love my 911s so that will be a bonus :clap:

stoney
23rd March 2010, 07:40 PM
Well I hope it's better than the last one we will see I want button or Hamilton to win as it's good to see the Brits win at some thing for a change we have had 2 in the last 2 years would be good to make it 3 in a row just like it will hopefully be 3 tropies for the gers this year :-)

Crombers
24th March 2010, 03:53 PM
Well I hope it's better than the last one we will see I want button or Hamilton to win as it's good to see the Brits win at some thing for a change we have had 2 in the last 2 years would be good to make it 3 in a row just like it will hopefully be 3 tropies for the gers this year :-)

Stoney supporting the :flag: Brits 'shocker' :Whistle: :rolleyes:

stoney
24th March 2010, 07:46 PM
:flag:

well thats one smiley i never thought you would use :lol:

Crombers
24th March 2010, 09:14 PM
well thats one smiley i never thought you would use :lol:

Why not :confused:, it's my national flag ?? (do you use it for anything else ??)

(I wonder why we have only one flag available on NMS :Whistle:...............now let me think :rolleyes:)

Craig
24th March 2010, 09:23 PM
Why not :confused:, it's my national flag ?? (do you use it for anything else ??)

(I wonder why we have only one flag available on NMS :Whistle:...............now let me think :rolleyes:)

I think you know the answer to all those questions.... :Whistle:

Crombers
24th March 2010, 09:32 PM
I think you know the answer to all those questions.... :Whistle:

Sheesh man ...................... I know, you know, but do they REALLY know :rolleyes:

stoney
25th March 2010, 10:00 AM

well considering you had a green scotland flag on your profile not that long ago

zimbo
25th March 2010, 10:20 AM
Oi you lot, NO MORE football pish in my thread please, I cant stand football and have no desire to see it in my thread!!

So there... :moonie::moonie::moonie: :lol:

stoney
25th March 2010, 10:45 AM
Oi you lot, NO MORE football pish in my thread please, I cant stand football and have no desire to see it in my thread!!

:hand::hand::Whistle:

Crombers
25th March 2010, 05:00 PM

Jacket ................. bunnet .................. GO !!! :p

zimbo
27th March 2010, 03:39 PM
Well looks like the red bulls are on form this weekend... Well I guess its going to be a very early rise again tomorrow :rolleyes: ...sheesh the things you have to do to try and enjoy yourself!! :D

Gismo
27th March 2010, 04:03 PM
It's on at 1am here in the USA so i've set the DVR to record it, just hope i can avoid any spoilers before i do

Gismo
27th March 2010, 05:10 PM

(I wonder why we have only one flag available on NMS :Whistle:...............now let me think :rolleyes:)I got this one too :moonie: :usaflag:

john
28th March 2010, 06:42 AM
19 minutes to go

john
28th March 2010, 08:41 AM
I enjoyed that race!!

zimbo
28th March 2010, 01:59 PM
That race was awesome :clap: lets see more of that kind of action from now on... Wont say anything about the race coz I dont want to spoil it for those who have not seen the race yet!!

Mini Ecosse
28th March 2010, 02:32 PM
That race was awesome :clap: lets see more of that kind of action from now on... Wont say anything about the race coz I dont want to spoil it for those who have not seen the race yet!!

Ditto

stoney
28th March 2010, 03:33 PM
Yep fantastic race let's hope it carrys on :-)

N16SHP
28th March 2010, 03:48 PM
That race was brilliant. My better half who is not really into motorsport but has started watching F1 a bit even said it was pretty exciting!

Gismo
28th March 2010, 04:52 PM
Yep, really enjoyed that race, sad about the hamilton webber crash near the end would have been a more competitive finish

euan
28th March 2010, 07:45 PM
Great race (can we actually talk about it now?)

Otherwise - what did people make of the grid girls outfits? :-)

Delboy
28th March 2010, 07:46 PM
Oh yes, that was much better :thumbs up:.

Nice timing by Button changing to slicks :yes nod:.

baptie
28th March 2010, 11:12 PM
I flew of the couch at the end with Hamilton, gutted for Webber but I erupted.
Couldn't happen to a nicer person, he obviously thinks Jenson has became No1.

Alonso was always getting the blame of being the bad one, I suspected it was him all along.

Top race

Fairy
29th March 2010, 09:06 AM
I flew of the couch at the end with Hamilton, gutted for Webber but I erupted.
Couldn't happen to a nicer person, he obviously thinks Jenson has became No1.

Totally agree, felt really sorry for Hamilton , looks like he thinks there is favouritism in the team for Jenson, Hamilton had a superb drive and clawed his way from 11th to 3rd before pitting, Jenson didn't drive to the standard Lewis did and only got 1st in my opinion coz Vettel spun off - backing Hamilton all the way and loved the race on Sunday, its what racing is all about :)

zimbo
29th March 2010, 11:06 AM
That is the way racing should be!!! :yes nod: ENTERTAINING :clap:I felt really sorry for Vettel once again having reliability issues, thats just not good enough for a high caliber motorsporting event like Formula 1, they should all be getting the best of the best stuff.

Despite the fact that Vettel went out, I still think Button did an awesome job from start to finish all the way from his early call for getting the slicks on all the way to the finish on that same set of tyres, thats what you call looking after your tyres!! ...and on the other side of the team garage you have moaning Hamilton who is like a spoilt kid and when he doesnt get his way he wants to know why and who is to blame for it! He is the one who is racing out their on the circuit, he is the one who cannot look after his tyres and ruins them, but no he still wants to moan about how and why he had to come in earlier for tyres even tho he was mumbling about having 'no grip and that his tyres were gone' towards the end of the race, who else does he think is to blame for that? I mean get a grip. :rolleyes:

You dont/didn't see or hear Vettel whining about the fact that he has now had two DNFs (Did Not Finish)
Im sure this wont be the last moan we here from Hamilton this season either.

Come on Jenson...:clap::lol:

Delboy
29th March 2010, 03:36 PM
He is the one who is racing out their on the circuit, he is the one who cannot look after his tyres and ruins them, but no he still wants to moan about how and why he had to come in earlier for tyres even tho he was mumbling about having 'no grip and that his tyres were gone' towards the end of the race, who else does he think is to blame for that? I mean get a grip. :rolleyes:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: