PDA

View Full Version : Ipod multiple devices, one library

euan
22nd March 2010, 06:43 PM
Following on from Andys post, I've been struggling to get this sorted for ages.

So I have 3 idods (one in the car, my classic, and my wifes classic). I have one library on my NAS, and only ever sync the ipods from one laptop.

What's the easiest way of doing this so that we can each sync different playlists and keep our own favourites? Any ideas?

Delboy
22nd March 2010, 07:49 PM
Yup, I sync two iPod touches and an iPhone on one library, all with different playlists and apps (for my eldest son, my wife and me!). When you connect an iPod or iPhone to iTunes you can select which playlists, videos, apps, photos, etc to sync to it - you do not need to sync the whole library. On the main sync screen with an iPod connected (the one where it shows you a picture of your iPod) there are various tabs that can be selected, e.g. Music, and when you click on a tab another screen appears where you can "tick" the relevant sync options for that particular iPod. Hope this helps.

euan
22nd March 2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks, it does, but that implies you need to manually select it every time, or have I got that wrong?

Delboy
22nd March 2010, 10:33 PM
It remembers your last settings for each iPod so you don't need to do this everytime, although when you download new apps/songs I think the default is to sync them unless told otherwise.

euan
23rd March 2010, 10:43 AM
Magic, thanks for that!