PDA

View Full Version : locking wheel nut key and onboard tools

MiniTheMinx
21st March 2010, 08:04 PM
I cant find my locking wheel nut key in the car :frown: and the garage I bought the car from 6 months ago have offered to get the wheels off if I buy a new set but I just wondered if they could be hidden somewhere not obvious - any suggestions?

Also I just wondered if I am supposed to have a tool kit on board - just been looking through the handbook and it mentions there should be a tool kit under the the floor mat in the boot with things like towing eyelet etc. Can anyone advise if I should have this?

Thank you :D

P.S. Its a 2007 Cooper S Convertible

N16SHP
21st March 2010, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure on the convertibles, but on the R56's, we have the tool kit under the floor mat in the boot. The key is also in that too!

Craig
21st March 2010, 09:32 PM
Your battery should be in the boot. Slotted down next to it should be a bit of foam with your locking wheel nut in it ;). As for the tool kit, it could be your car doesn't have one as some don't :yes nod:

jcbadger
21st March 2010, 09:33 PM
hi

There should be - although I have a ONE and the onboard kit I have includes an electric pump, jack, punture glue, wheel nut wrench and locking wheel nut key.

BMW sell a wheel key for £6.80 - i lost mine the other week and bought one. I reckon cos your're in Kintore try Overton in dyce first. I should have gone to them first when I bought my wheel nut key but thought of it too late. The last time I went there a couple of months ago they had a few Minis in and got a seatbelt for £12. They might have the onboard toolkit because when they get cars in I'm pretty sure they'll still have the kits in the boot, spare wheel, etc

MiniTheMinx
21st March 2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll check the battery compartment tomorrow in the daylight. Never thought of Overton - will try and pop in past them tomorrow and see if they have a toolkit. :thumbs up:

MiniTheMinx
22nd March 2010, 11:36 AM
Your battery should be in the boot. Slotted down next to it should be a bit of foam with your locking wheel nut in it ;). As for the tool kit, it could be your car doesn't have one as some don't :yes nod:

Thanks Craig, I found it this morning - and I found the tool kit in the same bit of foam (much smaller than I imagined it to be tho'). Very happy bunny now :D

Craig
22nd March 2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks Craig, I found it this morning - and I found the tool kit in the same bit of foam (much smaller than I imagined it to be tho'). Very happy bunny now :D

Happy to help ;)

glad you have it all :thumbs up: