PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned?

Just Jade
19th March 2010, 12:25 AM
Colins offshore atm, he's just come across my old mini for sale in a used car lot (we traded to main dealer) & they have still got my private plate on it -

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201011354767158/sort/priceasc/usedcars/body-type/convertible/model/one/make/mini/radius/100/page/1/postcode/fk39ar?logcode=p

We paid for a cherished transfer that they said they would take care of.

Should the fact its advertised for sale & has the private plate in the pic's be a cause for concern or am I just flapping for no reason??

They say on the ad that its a 2006 J reg!!!

Craig
19th March 2010, 12:31 AM
I wouldn't be worried. Looks like laziness on their part. Do you have your retention cert yet, or is your plate on your new car?

Just Jade
19th March 2010, 12:35 AM
Hi Craig, I paid the dealer £105 to sort out the transfer.They've got all the paper work. I picked the new car up last Friday expecting my plates to be on it. They said there was a backlog at the DVLA as they had been on strike for a couple of days the previous week, I've heard no more from them since then :(

Craig
19th March 2010, 12:40 AM
I would just chase up the dealer as they are responsible for putting that paperwork in. As long as they did that it's nothing to be concerned about ;)

Just Jade
19th March 2010, 12:57 AM
I would just chase up the dealer as they are responsible for putting that paperwork in. As long as they did that it's nothing to be concerned about ;)

I'll give them a ring in the morning :thumbs: Colin's not a happy chappy with me for paying them to transfer it in the 1st place !

Stewart
19th March 2010, 01:06 AM
I’d think its just the dealer does not have a new number for your old car, once your plates are made up and they put them on your car they will have to remove them in my view.

ianking
19th March 2010, 09:10 AM
Redpath and Maclean have been about for ages and I think they are pretty honest so I wouldnt worry about it.
When I worked at my mates garage we used to get trade cars from other dealers all the time that still had plates on. However we used to remove them before putting them on the fourcourt or taking pics.

What mini dealer did you trade it into. Im suprised they didnt keep it for their own used stock?

Just Jade
19th March 2010, 11:13 AM
I phoned them up this morning and asked if the private plate was included in the sale. Its not, they're waiting on the paperwork from DVLA to put the 06 plate back on it! Pheeeeeew I thought I'd lost my plate LOL!

Craig
19th March 2010, 12:25 PM
Good news !! ;)

N16SHP
19th March 2010, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't worry Jade, when I got my Mini out for a test drive, it still had the previous owners private plate on it! Think they just change them when they can be bothered lol