PDA

View Full Version : What the...?

Vosh
23rd June 2004, 03:08 AM
Someone has nicked three valve caps off me wheels. Why? Are they really that expensive? Idiots.

Gismo
23rd June 2004, 03:16 AM
Must have been the nice shiny metal ones, they will be installed on some wee neds bike by now :blackeye:
Best bet is to put on the black plastic caps, they won't steal them, on the plus side they won't rust or bond onto your valves, just ask Big Col how bad that can be :evil:

Vosh
23rd June 2004, 03:29 AM
Thats just the thing, they were the black plastic ones that came with the car!

Duncan Stewart
23rd June 2004, 03:33 AM
There are some sad, sad idiots out there! nicking black plasic valve caps, I've seen it all now. I've had the metal ones knicked off my cooper and chrome ones off my classic but never the black plasic ones!

Big Col
23rd June 2004, 03:50 AM
quote: just ask Big Col how bad that can be :evil:

Sassn frassn frikkin lil welded on dust cap needed replacement valve b*stardin things!!!!! <skulks off muttering> :mad::mad::mad:

GAJ
23rd June 2004, 03:58 AM
I've had mine knicked about half a dozen times!

Tahra
23rd June 2004, 06:43 PM
We've lost ours too several times and on several cars....keep meaning to get the fancy ones that need an allan key to get off; but as usaul haven't gotten around to it.

GAJ
23rd June 2004, 06:55 PM
I've thought of that too but if there is one thing worse than a ned hanging about your car trying to nick bits it is a frustrated wee ned who has a bee in his bonnet about not being able to get your shiny valve caps. I have never had plastic ones nicked yet. <touches wood>

KenL
23rd June 2004, 07:11 PM
Bl**dy kids :mad:

I lost a few on my MINI too. I then spread the word around the 'hood that I was watchin' the wee b*stards :evil:

The metal ones are only 20p each from the dealer. In fact the nice parts chap at Dunedin gave me 8 FOC :)

Starky
23rd June 2004, 08:04 PM
Here's something that may interest you guys, try this, www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/MINI_Licensed_Product_by_Richbrook.html
Prices include UK delivery, hope this is helpfull.

Monsta Mo Mini
23rd June 2004, 10:23 PM
The numpty who nicked the plastic valve caps was probably the same idiot who nicked the front wheel off by bike......it had a flat tyre and was buckled...the mind boggles!

Starky
25th June 2004, 12:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by mainmini

flush fit valves are the only way forward dont stand out and shout nick me, the anti-theft ones only make theives more frustrated there quite easy to get off but the theives may also damage your rims in the process

I think tea leafs would be more interested in stealing the rims than the plastic caps off them :p, anyhow, personally, I wouldn't spend a fortune on a nice set of alloys then put a crap set of valve caps on 'em.;)

lightbody
25th June 2004, 06:12 AM
Mine have stayed put since I replaced the original metal ones with plastic ones.

eddie 44
1st July 2004, 06:30 AM
talking of valve caps i gave up replacing them on my last car focus st 170
every time i went to cowdenbeath some wee ned would be off with them , even
bought the theift prove ones , litle grub screw secures them ......... Nahhhh
stole them as well . nackered up the threads to! so when i bought the mini
never gave it a thought ... parked it up first nite at the racing YES they
nicked um to ...... so now have a lovely set of back ones 79 pence lol

Heather
1st July 2004, 08:08 AM
I had the same. I had skull value caps and they stole 3!!! 2 i understand. $ even but three. Tw*ts! Now how 1.99 chrome ones. % weeks on and counting!

Astrohaggis
3rd July 2004, 09:26 AM
Yeah - my metal caps got nicked (from the car park of a doctor's surgery in a "quiet" village!!!).
Black plastic ones haven't been nicked yet (and I got a couple of packets so I have spares).

Little b@$t@rds! Hope they try some Jackass stunt on their BMX and break their legs!

Starky
13th July 2004, 07:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Starky

quote:Originally posted by mainmini

flush fit valves are the only way forward dont stand out and shout nick me, the anti-theft ones only make theives more frustrated there quite easy to get off but the theives may also damage your rims in the process

I think tea leafs would be more interested in stealing the rims than the plastic caps off them :p, anyhow, personally, I wouldn't spend a fortune on a nice set of alloys then put a crap set of valve caps on 'em.;)

Ever felt like eating your own words :I Some f@ck!r just nicked two of my alloy caps :mad: :mad: :mad: If I ever caught them at it I'd give them the other two for sure.:blackeye::blackeye:

MartinSullivan
13th July 2004, 08:04 PM
A while back in Aberdeen I saw a group of kids round my car. When I got towards the car they all scarpered and I realised they had nicked 2 of the valve caps. I chased after them but by the time I got back to the car the b*strds had nicked the two remaining ones

GAJ
13th July 2004, 08:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

A while back in Aberdeen I saw a group of kids round my car. When I got towards the car they all scarpered and I realised they had nicked 2 of the valve caps. I chased after them but by the time I got back to the car the b*strds had nicked the two remaining ones

:D:p Lost count of how many fancy sets I have had stolen. The black plastic ones never get touched though.

broken_brian
13th July 2004, 11:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by tribalmini

I had the same. I had skull value caps and they stole 3!!! 2 i understand. $ even but three. Tw*ts! Now how 1.99 chrome ones. % weeks on and counting!

maybe they had a reliant robin that needed dust caps :clown::D:clown:

Tahra
14th July 2004, 01:55 AM
Just imagine all the sad wee sods counting out their valve caps fromt a jam jar.:clown:... No wonder we're going to the dogs !!

Heather
14th July 2004, 06:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by broken_brian

quote:Originally posted by tribalmini

maybe they had a reliant robin that needed dust caps :clown::D:clown:

Now the 1.99 ones have been stolen too:mad:

GAJ
14th July 2004, 06:18 AM
Now I understand! :)

They stole 3 and you got 1.99 new ones.:eek::question:

They cost £1.99:approve:

I was confused. Sorry for being thick!8):I:clown: