PDA

View Full Version : Best snow foam to use and any other products

ajamesj
16th March 2010, 11:24 PM
Needing to update my washing / drying and polishing range for my new car any advise on best

SNOW FOAM
SHAMPOO
POLISH
WAX

used autoglym and Meg in past but alot of other stuff available on all the detailing forums and seem to always end up with swirl marks with my usually method and products never ever used snow foam either so all advice greatly appreciated :smilewinkgrin:

Andy

Stewart
17th March 2010, 01:09 AM
It’s actually is a bit personal what you use.

I have two versions after reading from DW and Truth in detailing.

This is what I’m going with this
summer.
Super Snow Foam in My HD lance.
Meguiars Hyper wash for the Bucket or in my case the Gil. (expensive but last)
Sonus polish
Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze
Meguiars #16 Paste Wax

winter.
Bilt-Hamber snow foam (stronger product)
Meguiars Hyper wash
Polish
Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant a few coats.
And use of my old pete 53 wax

THats just the stuff you asked, I have

AG fast glass for the inside windows and chrome:thumbs up:
303 Aerospace for the inside plastics and Dash
Valet Pro - Bilberry Wheel Cleaner I use in winter
Poorboys Wheel Sealant ( if I ever get the wheels off)
Chemical Guys - New Look Trim Gel
AG Trim Gel
AG SRP
Carlack - Glass Sealing Kit (This I would never be without now):thumbs up:
Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner
Tesco Ground nut oil....(I kid you not)

I really should just have kept the money and bought a new Mini when it got dirty…………:argh:
One of the lads that gives me advice is a professional detailer and has done a few 100-200K cars and even he says your not going to get a non swirl free over say a year unless you don’t touch it either with a Wash Mit or drying cloth.

So I’m just happy I can try and limit the swirls best I can, but I’d love just my Black roof machine polished just to see the difference. A few of the lads one here know there stuff.

Craig
17th March 2010, 09:06 AM
The detailers won't agree with my choices but I use Megs Hyper wash for my foam. AG Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner for my wash, AG Super Resin for my polish ( although I got a machine polisher for Xmas with some mazerna polish). And Collinite 915 or 476s wax ;)

Crombers
17th March 2010, 09:17 AM
Save yersel a fortune & stick it through a car wash, ......... it's really really quick too :thumbs up:

Stewart
17th March 2010, 10:20 AM
Nothing wrong with that Craig in my view I still think the AG is great stuff and that a good long lasting wax.

Don’t listen to Mr C, us daily drivers need to wash our cars right, let those weekend flyboys use the car wash.

Crombers
17th March 2010, 11:48 AM
Don’t listen to Mr C, us daily drivers need to wash our cars right, let those weekend flyboys use the car wash.

:hand:

Fartin Martin
17th March 2010, 12:55 PM
What about clay bars..are they all the same or are there specific brands etc..I'm
gonna start buildin up products so I can give the car a good proper wash clay polish etc!

Cheers

Martin

Doug_m
17th March 2010, 09:35 PM
I also use megs hyper-wash in the foam gun, www.polishedbliss.co.uk guys claim its the best too so must be good...

as for the clay bar ive only tried the sonus and the megs bars. Much prefer the megs, find it alot easier to use/work with and is more readily available!

Auto glym extra gloss sealent after a polish works a treat :-)

Scottie
17th March 2010, 09:39 PM
Bilt Hamber auto balm clay bar gets my vote everytime..... DG 901 shampoo can't really go past it..... Megs HW in the lance ......

Fartin Martin
17th March 2010, 09:54 PM
Cheers folks!:thumbs up: do they come with the lubricant stuff..I'm sure I seen that they used summit like that on a video on YouTube! :confused:

k3ith
17th March 2010, 10:32 PM
for ease of use Sonus fine clay(green) and Bilt Hamber soft, the sonus comes with lube, also check out AG claybat kit that not long out

Fartin Martin
17th March 2010, 10:52 PM
for ease of use Sonus fine clay(green) and Bilt Hamber soft, the sonus comes with lube, also check out AG claybat kit that not long out

Cheers man I'll look into those..how much are they roughly?

ajamesj
18th March 2010, 01:01 AM
Thanks for all the advice I think some hyper wash is called for need to get onto polished bliss
website and spend some money

Stewart
18th March 2010, 02:39 PM
I have nothing but respect for polish bliss as the guys are always great with advice but another option is
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/ (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/)

Used many times. in fact had to ban myself from looking. :smilewinkgrin:

k3ith
18th March 2010, 11:30 PM
Cheers man I'll look into those..how much are they roughly?

Sonus kit £16.49, bilt hamber clay £10.50, AG kit £23, Megs kits £15-23 all on the ebay.