PDA

View Full Version : Questions 'bout me cooper!

CooperTrooper
22nd June 2004, 05:03 PM
Hello!

got a few wee questions about my mini . . . .

1. Bonnet Stripes? how much from BMW? how much from a signwriter? anyone fitted these themselves? how did you get on?

2. I see from looking about the forums, someone mentioning resetting the average MPG and Speed figures, can this be done?

3. Can anyone beat 25.4mpg and average speed of 22.4mph? i dont really want anyone to see these!

4. Anyone elses petrol flat fell off?

Cheers!

Wul
22nd June 2004, 05:23 PM
CooperTrooper - some answers for you:

1. - check out www.apex-signs.co.uk - ask for John - everyone on here has used him as do the edinburgh dealers - he usually floats around these parts under the suspicious name of "John-Apex" Not sure of the price though.

2. to reset the av mpg/mph - on the indicator stalk press the OBC button till you reach the av mpg or av mph display and then hold the button in till it shows ---- then repeat for the other one. :)

3. If you really want a scare - sit and watch your av mpg plummet whilst sitting at traffic lights with the engine running - imagin the effect traffic jams have! :eek:

4. Nope - not on my cooper - trip to your dealer methinks!

:)

CooperTrooper
22nd June 2004, 05:55 PM
nice one wul,

tell me, does john at apex fit the stripes as well? i wouldnt be keen to try it myself!

he's edinburgh u say, anyone do similar things in glasgowtoon?

what sorta price is he talkin?

Gismo
22nd June 2004, 07:28 PM
Good old Wul, you can always rely on him to answer your questions, now, only if i could get him to commit to which golf course to play in the other thread.

Anyway, to answer your question, i'm not sure of any in Glasgow or the prices, but, John is very competitive and does a great job, he can fit your stripes no problem at all, why don't you go for the viper look :cool:

Smurf
22nd June 2004, 08:18 PM
The BMW dealer in Stirling quoted me £350 for a cobra stripe (one big stripe, one pinstripe over one side of the car.) Which they get done at a wee local place, but we couldn't find it.

I got a signwriter in Kirkintilloch (N Glasgow) to do two stripes for me, sort of viper-ish, but they finish early with round ends and have a pinstripe all the way round.

Took him a picture from the CooperFlags web site!! :D

He took £160 for that (incl VAT).

Hope that may be of some help.

Wul
22nd June 2004, 08:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Good old Wul, you can always rely on him to answer your questions, now, only if i could get him to commit to which golf course to play in the other thread.

Yeh-Yeh - i'm heading to that thread next!:I;)

CooperTrooper
22nd June 2004, 08:59 PM
smurf,

that sounds good, kirkie is handy for me, do you got the name of the place? and i take it that price if fitted?

Viper stripes, a bit too much for me mibbe! does anyone know where i can get the dimensions for the bonnet stripes? and any variations of the design i can get? or is a stripe a stripe! :blackeye:

cheers!

MartinSullivan
22nd June 2004, 09:13 PM
Heaps of designs to wet your appetite here

http://www.cooperflags.com/bonnets.cfm

:D

Smurf
22nd June 2004, 09:28 PM
As above - just pick one, print out the picture, and to talk to the guy in Kirky. (That's what I did. Yes, that price was all inclusive.)

Barrier Sign & Print, Unit 3, Old Mill Park, Kirky, G66 1SS - 0141 777 8592
Just along from McNair's (if you know where that is.)

CooperTrooper
22nd June 2004, 09:30 PM
smurf,

yeah, i know where u are, i designed a gym nxt door to mcnairs actually!

whats ur mini like smurf? i'll keep an eye out for u!

cheers!

Smurf
22nd June 2004, 10:17 PM
Indy Blue, twin silver stripes, S99URF number plate.

CooperTrooper
22nd June 2004, 10:24 PM
smurf,

cool, keep an eye out for me in my red/white 25mpg'ing up ur arse! ;)

spotlights? yes or no? i fancy 2

Duncan Stewart
23rd June 2004, 04:06 AM
1. Apex signs did a great job of my bonnet stripes & roof at very sensible price
3. I get 35mpg mostly driving twisty minor roads - loadsa fun! don't have a computer in my Cooper but my previous car averaged 40mph on same roads so probably a bit higher with the Cooper
Hope this helps

Smurf
23rd June 2004, 05:35 AM
Duncan - your car averages the same mpg as mine, and it seems we both drive a lot on twisty minor roads. Yeah, loadsa fun!
(Don't have a computer on mine either.)

CooperTrooper
23rd June 2004, 06:35 PM
looking round the forum, it seems to be that the mini's with the best fuel consumption's, also seems to be when the owner is calculating it, rather than the reading from the on-board computer . . . .

coincidence? or is the on board computer, not very accurate . . . . or! can smurf not use a calculator! remember petrol is 80p this weather!!

Smurf
23rd June 2004, 08:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by CooperTrooper

can smurf not use a calculator! remember petrol is 80p this weather!!

Oi !! :p
I've been calculating my mpg for 14 years, with 4 different cars. Reckon I've got the hang of it now..... :D
I worked mine out a slightly different way, but came up with 40mpg too.
Try working your own out, and see if it matches your on board computer!