PDA

View Full Version : 18 inch tyres - non runflats

clubman0_1
10th March 2010, 12:22 AM
right i've decide im taking mini off the run flats as got aa cover and im not paying £170 for a tyre. :p cause im scottish and a miserable sod :yes nod:

thinking of fitting yokohama prada as can get a set of 4 for £360 fitted and balenced whih is only £20 more than 2 runflats and i can punt the good ones :smilewinkgrin:. bar that the bridgestones ain't handling the power

anyone 215 40 18 tyre and got an opinion?

any better size to use than above ?

anyone run yokohama prada ?

opinions welcome ?

Sheilz
10th March 2010, 12:47 AM
I just put on rainsport 2 on mine though 17ins wheels and was £350. I'm delighted by the way the car's handling with them. These got very good reviews and they look good too.

The Dogfather
10th March 2010, 09:37 AM
I'm a fan of the Rainsports, unlike the Pradas they work in the wet

baptie
10th March 2010, 10:23 AM
cause im scottish and a miserable sod

Tight big Git!

I was thinking of ditching run flats when tyre change comes for a little more comfort, very harsh ride.
Was just wondering if the non run flat would make that much ride difference?

I heard something a while back about not being able to fit non run flat onto Mini alloys......guess thats crap then?

Craig
10th March 2010, 10:29 AM
Comfort is MUCH better on STD tyres. Feel Is also better. ;)

you can fit either types of tyres to mini wheels :thumbs up:

baptie
10th March 2010, 11:06 AM
ta much Craig

Sheilz
10th March 2010, 12:55 PM
I'm a fan of the Rainsports, unlike the Pradas they work in the wet

That's why I went for them. Most frequent adverse driving conditions we have is caused by rain. According to one review I looked at they also handle very well in dry conditions.

clubman0_1
10th March 2010, 03:51 PM
That's why I went for them. Most frequent adverse driving conditions we have is caused by rain. According to one review I looked at they also handle very well in dry conditions.

who makes rainsports?

clubman0_1
10th March 2010, 03:54 PM
Tight big Git!

I was thinking of ditching run flats when tyre change comes for a little more comfort, very harsh ride.
Was just wondering if the non run flat would make that much ride difference?

I heard something a while back about not being able to fit non run flat onto Mini alloys......guess thats crap then?

not the only tight git then - partly for comfort as well with me

think 18's are even worse than 17's. found 3 alloys on ebay with tyres for £100 each so might kill 2 birds with one stones and lose the 2 damaged alloys at same time

ianking
10th March 2010, 04:23 PM
Uniroyal make the rainsports

baptie
10th March 2010, 04:43 PM
a spare would be handy......as you have a habit of dingin' them.........:hand:

clubman0_1
10th March 2010, 11:41 PM
a spare would be handy......as you have a habit of dingin' them.........:hand:

its was the snow - honest lol