PDA

View Full Version : White Alloys "yellowing"

Fester
7th March 2010, 05:13 PM
Afternoon all,

Winter has had a go at making my wheels a different colour without asking me!!! White powder coated alloys have now taken on a "yellowish" colour mainly on the leading edges, where the dirt was sitting on them between washes. Wheel cleaner does not remove it as it seems to have stained the coating! Can remove it with renovating polish on my Dual Action polisher but it cant get into the awkward bits.

Has anybody else had this problem with white wheels? do you think claying will remove it or does anyone have any other suggestions??

Stephen

Crombers
7th March 2010, 10:45 PM
Afternoon all,

Winter has had a go at making my wheels a different colour without asking me!!! White powder coated alloys have now taken on a "yellowish" colour mainly on the leading edges, where the dirt was sitting on them between washes. Wheel cleaner does not remove it as it seems to have stained the coating! Can remove it with renovating polish on my Dual Action polisher but it cant get into the awkward bits.

Has anybody else had this problem with white wheels? do you think claying will remove it or does anyone have any other suggestions??

Stephen

Paint em yellow :thumbs up:

Just joshing ........................ those with a 'fettish' will be along soon with some top tips :yes nod: