PDA

View Full Version : Ipod interface

MiniTheMinx
6th March 2010, 05:01 PM
Was thinking about getting the Ipod interface fitted but on the main Mini website it quotes "from £160" not including fitting but from the main mini dealers, they quote "£256" including fitting - surely £100 for fitting is a bit extreme? :frown:

Anyone know where I can buy one and get it fitted for less (Aberdeen area), or is £100 a realistic price to pay for fitting?

cheers!!

stoney
6th March 2010, 05:52 PM
well that all depends on what u want you could allways go for a parrot bluetooth kit with the i pod extra or u can go for the mini one i can not see it beeing that hard to fit just be a case of removing the stero and running the wires in to the glove box if its an R50/R53 you thave then this is fairly simple but takes a bit of time i dont have a clue on the R56

Livi
6th March 2010, 06:40 PM
The parrot MKi9200 plays ipod, and additional audio interfaces but they retail at about 140 +vat for the kit, the only additional thing is that it can also recieve phone calls, but heard that the music is quite poor through the speakers.

The Ipod interface for the MINI is rather expensive to fit, but 100 an hour is the rate for coding and fitting as such.

I think the kit itself is about 140+vat.

Good thing aswell is if you have a cd changer, you can get rid of it for the ipod to be in its place, but you need to have the original stereo equipped.

MiniTheMinx
6th March 2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the comments. :thumbs up:

I already have a bluetooth parrot handsfree system that was in the car when I got it but I don't know what type it is - will have a look at the handbook when I next go out, so maybe it could work through that? Sorry I have no idea what R50/53 & 56 mean...my mini is an 07 Cooper S Cabriolet and its black :smilewinkgrin:

I think I just have bog standard FF single CD player with no changer but I can play my ipod through it when its plugged into the aux point - I just wanted to be able to see what was playing and control it through steering wheel.

Bazthemod
6th March 2010, 07:15 PM
The parrot MKi9200 plays ipod, and additional audio interfaces but they retail at about 140 +vat for the kit, the only additional thing is that it can also recieve phone calls, but heard that the music is quite poor through the speakers.

The Ipod interface for the MINI is rather expensive to fit, but 100 an hour is the rate for coding and fitting as such.

I think the kit itself is about 140+vat.

Good thing aswell is if you have a cd changer, you can get rid of it for the ipod to be in its place, but you need to have the original stereo equipped.

I had this Parrot kit and i'm away to install it again as it improves the audio 10 fold thanks to a built in digital amp. (It does in the R56 anyway). I've been trying to find a MINI solution to integrate my iphone but cradles weren't compatible and the cable doesnt charge. So time for dash removal... again lol

Livi
6th March 2010, 07:22 PM
Parrot kit will most likely be the CK3200 LCD (which is still good) but you cant play ipod through it (unsure of an adaptor to connect)

As im aware, your MINI ipod interface will not work, unless the standard stereo is in.

Only other options are to place your standard cd player in, or upgrade your aftermarket stereo with something that connects your ipod.

can i suggest this is probably cheaper option? http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/for-ipod-and-iphone

Craig
6th March 2010, 09:23 PM
Buy an Alpine head unit (104 bti) details HERE (http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/alpine-cde104bti-cdmp3-tuner-built-bluetooth-hispeed-ipod-port-p-8515.html)

It has an ipod cable (comes out of the back and can be routed into your glovebox), front usb and aux port and also Parrot bluetooth handsfree kit built in. Crackin bit of kit and normally delivered to your house for £180. :thumbs up:

I have it in my car and it sounds great and all the kit works well :yes nod:

mikeythemini
7th March 2010, 12:21 AM
Gateway 100 http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop.php?action=productshow&id=738
Will plug & play into your factory cd player & if its 2005 on will give album, artist, playlist browsing on the stereo & scrolling track titles

Sheilz
7th March 2010, 05:18 AM
Gateway 100 http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop.php?action=productshow&id=738
Will plug & play into your factory cd player & if its 2005 on will give album, artist, playlist browsing on the stereo & scrolling track titles

Can you clarify if this is only a plug and play device if there is an existing USB port. I don't have one so have had to make do with a 3 x socket with usb port, a garmin connection for charging the ipod as well as aux in cable. It works very well but pain in butt having to reach down to the garmin control to change or skip tracks while the extra cable is quite untidy. Can you give an idea of how much it would cost to have this installed? Its one of these jobs on my 'to do' list, though currently not a priority.

mikeythemini
7th March 2010, 12:03 PM
What I have linked to is for 1st gen Mini - as the car in question is a 1st gen

Your car - what is the full spec?