PDA

View Full Version : Silly question

T5LLC
4th March 2010, 06:50 PM
I have looked through my manual several times to find the answer but it doesnt work

Im trying to turn off my ''runflat'' light. Came on after bmw but all new tyres and wheels on and i cant manage to get it to turn off..

How is it done?

Thanks!

Fartin Martin
4th March 2010, 06:52 PM
is there no the wee button where is it on the 1st gen..next the the handbrake?

just a guess though lol

N16SHP
4th March 2010, 06:53 PM
You have to go into the trip menu, and go down to when it says reset. If you hit that, then drive at a steady speed for a small distance, it will reset the light for you.

Don't do what I did and think...stupid computer, I know I don't have a punction, then discover a week later I do....DOH! Although you've said you have just got new tyres!

T5LLC
4th March 2010, 06:54 PM
You have to go into the trip menu, and go down to when it says reset. If you hit that, then drive at a steady speed for a small distance, it will reset the light for you.

Aw ok thanks will give it a go, kind of tried that but ok lol

T5LLC
4th March 2010, 07:01 PM
Hmm still not working :(! i know im blonde but cant be that hard.. can it?

N16SHP
4th March 2010, 07:04 PM
hmmmm, mine just turned off after I did that. Possibly a fault with the trip, in which case will mean another "trip" sorry, horrendous pun, to get it looked at!

T5LLC
4th March 2010, 07:10 PM
hmmmm, mine just turned off after I did that. Possibly a fault with the trip, in which case will mean another "trip" sorry, horrendous pun, to get it looked at!

Ive just not long put my dumpvalve back on so would need to take it off.. damn lol!

Stewart
4th March 2010, 07:16 PM
Its on page 62 on my Manual. I had to do it coming back from the Dealers as they had given me a new tyre and alloy when I found out that one wheel was odd and a recondition job when i got my car home.

1. start the engine but do not drive off
2.briefly press button on the indicator lever repeatedly until you see "set info"
3.keep the button pressed till the display changes. (Press button and keep it pressed till display changes.)
4.briefly press button repeatedly untill the Runflat tyre symbol and reset appear.
5.Press button and keep it pressed till display changes.
6. Drive off (Initialisation when the car is on the move without any feedback) Ie ( take a short drive)

N16SHP
5th March 2010, 12:00 AM
Ive just not long put my dumpvalve back on so would need to take it off.. damn lol!

How is that btw? I've always been temped, but gonna wait until its out of warranty in May!