PDA

View Full Version : Hi to everyone!!

WestCoaster
20th June 2004, 11:23 PM
Well, now I can finally maybe get to meet some of the friendly faces that flash their lights and give me sly waves:), and maybe some of those that ignore me:mad:, don't you just hate that.

Well people I'm here to get some advice. Ive had a Cooper for a year and a half now and I am getting a bit bored of it. I have test drove the'S' twice but have never quite made the jump. I am toying with the idea of getting one, or maybe doing something to my existing one to give it a bit more oomph! and personalising it!!
It is a Cooper 2003, pure silver, black roof with panoramic sunroof, Chilli pack, standard ICE with 6cd prep, 20,000mls

Fairbairn's in Irvine offered me 11,200 for it (does that sound about right?) But the Cooper 'S' was a high spec 6 months old for £17000. Plus insurance on top. Ouch!!

I was wondering if any of you lot have maybe soooooped up your Coopers and if you were happy with them, does this affect warranties....etc?

I quite like the idea of a twin exhaust (split either side of rear)!!!

Any idea's would be helpful, as I am in a pickle!!

Look forward to hearing from you

Anton

Gismo
20th June 2004, 11:32 PM
Welcome to the site Anton, check out the meets section and see if anything takes your fancy, don't be scared to put your name down and attend, it's a good laugh.

As for your query, well, i'm afraid the cooper just does not lend itself to serious engine modification, sure you can add things like cold air intakes, ehausts and a remapped ECU etc, but, even the Cooper Works car ends up slower in some areas, this was highlighted not so long ago in an EVO shootout.

You didn't mention if moving onto an S is enough of a jump for you, my car is currently up for sale with 240 BHP plus loads of extras Shameful plug here ;) There is also a Hartge S for sale also, check the for sale section

Good luck in your search whatever you decide :)

seany
21st June 2004, 01:21 AM
Anton, welcome to NMS.

Heather
21st June 2004, 02:26 AM
hey anton, welcome to NMS! Good to have another west coaster:D Will keep a lookout for you, im a silver coop with black roof and tribal bonnet/boot decals.
heather

WestCoaster
21st June 2004, 03:05 AM
Bonnie why are you selling the Hartge? Is 240 BHP not enough LOL.

Nice bonnet stipes, heather. Now I can put a face to the car. Seen ur car a few times in the toon.

I'll check out the meets in future. Cheers

phantom
21st June 2004, 05:52 AM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.:D:D:D

ny152
21st June 2004, 09:31 AM
Hello Anton - great to have another Glasgow NMS member :)
We must be catching up with that lot in Dundee! There is a bit of a Southside mafia now with a few of us this side of the city...

Hopefully you will be able to make it on some of our future runs. There's a little gathering in Arbroath in 2 weeks time thats looking good :).

Willie M
21st June 2004, 03:19 PM
Welcome to NMS Anton :cool:

Duncan Stewart
21st June 2004, 04:40 PM
Hi Anton. Welcome to NMS. The best way to boost power of the Cooper seems to be adding a turbo - but when you look at the cost of it you would be better buying an S (plus the S has a warranty)

monkimagic
29th June 2004, 09:12 AM
A big welcome Anton !

ad2676
30th June 2004, 06:30 AM
Welcome to NMS mate.

weefossy
30th June 2004, 07:00 AM
Welcome to NMS Anton. Hope to meet you at a run soon. Watch this space as a nice S will be for sale soon....another shameless plug!:evil:

Sheilz
30th June 2004, 08:02 AM
Hi Anton, I'm a newbie from Aberdeen. Cheers!:D;)