PDA

View Full Version : At long last

k3ith
2nd March 2010, 10:27 PM
Well after the due date of the middle of January came and went we took delivery of our wee mini cooper R56 Horizon Blue with pepper pack yesterday as we had waited a while Eastern held it back so we could get the 10plate:thumbs up:.
First impressions are well, good lol. My current daily is MKV Edition30 which to most here probably wont now what they are (no disrespect) as its a mini forum:p but its modified to around 305bhp so we didn't really buy the cooper for performance.
The cabin does feel a nice place to be although I wish i had opted for a better stereo as getting an aftermarket on is going to be tuff, the stop start button is taking a bit of getting used to and the stop start thing is going to freak me out. Alloys def must go and I am thinking of colour coding the black trim.
But anyways a quick call today to Craig up at minimax and we should be seeing some changes soon.
ARB's, some new springs if Eibach do them for the R56, 16" TD pro race alloys and some form of exhaust. I will get some pics up before the car gets logo'd up as I would imagine it would be blatant advertising lol. Roll on the weekend so I can give it a full going over with some decent products.

Sheilz
2nd March 2010, 10:37 PM
Congratulations. Have you got pics yet? Sure you'll have lots of fun in the cooper despite having less power than your current car (at a guess a Golf?) :thumbs up::thumbs up:

stoney
2nd March 2010, 10:58 PM
Goog good glad u got it now :-) and yes it is a golf and has little bits taken from all the old gti's like the red piping round the seats just cos it's a mini site don't mean we don't like other cars :-)

N16SHP
2nd March 2010, 11:04 PM
That was pretty decent of Easter to hold it back to a 10 plate. As for the Edition 30, I love them. I think if I didn't have a Mini, it would be a toss up between one of them, or an S3!

Craig
3rd March 2010, 09:10 AM
Nice one! Craig is working in my car on Friday ;)

Looking forward to seeing the pics after your detail ;)

Ivano
3rd March 2010, 09:51 AM
Eibach do springs for the R56 and lower the car betweeen 20mm and 25mm

k3ith
3rd March 2010, 08:12 PM
Nice one! Craig is working in my car on Friday ;)

Looking forward to seeing the pics after your detail ;)

He mentioned you were going up, which springs are you getting fitted?

Craig
3rd March 2010, 10:19 PM
He mentioned you were going up, which springs are you getting fitted?

KW's as they seem to drop the car the amount I want... ;) and they are good quality. :thumbs up: I looked at the eibach but for my model they only dropped it about 15mm max..

k3ith
6th March 2010, 08:09 PM
Well with the weather on my side I thought I better get out and have a look at the car. so here's how it looked first thing.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/b44fy/IMG_1332.jpg
So armed with my tester Dodo Juice products arriving today its was into action. First a wee bilberry snow foam of the car and clean the alloys again bilberry was the weapon of choice.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/b44fy/IMG_1335.jpg
Then onto the 2bm with some megs shampoo+ managed to get rid of some of the transport wax that was lurking in the odd corner, then another snow foam and rinse and dry down. Inspection of the paintwork was good as you would expect for a new car. Some white polish marks on some of the trim but no worries. First up was some Dodo Juice lime prime all over then buffed of and then waxed with DJ Rain Forrest rub again all over then went around the trim with AS trim ultra as what ever was on at the dealers had more or less washed of.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/b44fy/IMG_1337.jpg
pics dont really do it justice but it looks good. But i need new wheels and fast.

Craig
6th March 2010, 09:27 PM
Looking :cool:

some nice products your using there... :thumbs up:

Delboy
7th March 2010, 12:38 PM
Looks really smart:thumbs up:. It's an unusual colour - very nice :yes nod:.

audrey
8th March 2010, 12:07 AM
Very Nice :thumbs up:

k3ith
12th March 2010, 08:41 PM
First mod hopefully tommorrow, going to Skidz In Falkirk for a set of alloys 17" seen these mini reps
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/b44fy/644.jpg

Delboy
13th March 2010, 12:40 AM
They look great - will really make a difference to the way your car looks :thumbs up:.

Remember to post photos once you have the new wheels fitted :yes nod:.