PDA

View Full Version : Business SO Good

Archer189
1st March 2010, 08:26 PM
Here is the RANT.

Checked a firm for some extra leather in my MCS. Oooh "that will be prohibitively expensive and might not look very good. Will have to source that type of leather". How does that person know how much I can afford !!. "Might not look very good" - That's certainly one way to get the work. 1 week later, they haven't a clue where to source the leather and they deal with OEM BMW stuff.

What's next. Some subtle graphics. Matt Black or Carbon belt line. That will be £125-£150 Sir. That will be Coco!! (£12 kit from Mini Pirate - Here I come). Extra roof graphic, detailed but subtle. 2 weeks later and not a cheap from them. That's not going to get you business either.

Next in the firing line. Could do with some interior changes (won't say what it is as it will readily ID the Company). Sent email for enquiry. Received reply back quickly. Sent another email with clarification and order for an extra. Not a cheep from the company. Re-sent email again. Nada.

I didn't realise that business was so good these days that companies can afford to be complacent, can't be ar**d or ask silly prices.
:argh::sad:

I am the CUSTOMER. The Customer is always Right !!!

LightningStevie
1st March 2010, 09:05 PM
Is it all the same company? If so, I'd never be darkening their phone line or inbox again

Archer189
1st March 2010, 09:07 PM
No this is 3 different companies, 2 in Central Belt and 1 in England.

LightningStevie
1st March 2010, 09:10 PM
ahhh I get ya! Well, seems a lot of companies need an exercise on customer service!

Craig
1st March 2010, 09:11 PM
I am finding it harder these days to find companies that want your money (as you say... :rolleyes:) Having worked in a customer service environment for the past 20 years it's annoying when companies don't care about service... As you say, they must have tooo much money and don't need yours... :thud:

spongebob
6th March 2010, 07:12 PM
Im findin that with the tinternet and the current financial climate people are not gonna go for the first port of call and do a lot more "googlin" and the likes,havin worked in the motor trade for 20 odd years its a constant battle to sell bits these days,sayin that mazdas are no the keanest priced bits.Its deffo a buyers market these days make no mistake about it.