PDA

View Full Version : Sore back from mini seats

clubman0_1
1st March 2010, 07:51 PM
Anyone else suffer a sore lower back with their R56 - Think i am as its the only thing I haven't changed. - left leg especially:confused:

don't want to sell it but may come to is as its a pain in the ass literally :sad:

AndyP & Lenore
1st March 2010, 07:58 PM
I get a really sore back from our R53 more than our R56 but the R56 isn't great either tbh.

A.

camjay
1st March 2010, 08:23 PM
I've notice this too. I had an R50 in 2002, adjustable headrests, but this time, the headrests are fixed and It really starting to give me a pain in the neck (Literally). My husband drives my car occasionally and moans about how uncomfortable he finds it. He also gets a pain in his back if we've been driving long distances! Does anyone know if the headrests from an R50 would be interchangable with the new model? I would love to change them over if possible!

Just to add - I know the height of the headrest goes up and down, but with the R50, the headrest itself could be angled slightly!

LightningStevie
1st March 2010, 09:09 PM
Do you have the standard seats or the sports ones? I'm sure when we do our long journey south next month I'll be able to tell you if I find them comfortable or not, but so far so good

Stewart
1st March 2010, 09:13 PM
Done a few long runs down south and on the Mini Runs. I always was happy with my sports seats. Twlight run was probably nine hundred miles over three days and I felt fine.

baptie
1st March 2010, 11:00 PM
"Anyone else suffer a sore lower back with their R56"

Big Blouse! :frown:

Personally I have been great since owning the 'S', lumbar adjustment at bottom works a treat for me. Got it rumped up full buhna.

Hope you get sorted mate, now you have a half decent motor you don't wanna get shot of it

Big Gordy
1st March 2010, 11:29 PM
Think Malcolm (weefossy) has issues with the seats but IIRC it was more to do with the base part not giving him enough support behind his legs.

clubman0_1
2nd March 2010, 12:44 AM
my problem is lack a support right at bottom of spine ( my l1 disk at my pelvis) - lumber is right up buit still hurst - don't know if jcw seats would help but ain't gonna blow £2000 to find out and have a non matching back seat.

would sooner deactivate the airbacg and fit a carbon bucket with gel support pads or something and send my back seat away and have it recovered to match.

Delboy
2nd March 2010, 09:55 AM
I don't have any problems with my seats - I actually think they are really supportive. Drove from Glasgow to Glencoe and back yesterday on a variety of road surfaces (with some enthusiastic driving thrown in now and again :smilewinkgrin:) and my back felt normal afterwards.
My legs were sore from skiing but that's a different story :lol:

weefossy
2nd March 2010, 11:03 AM
Big Gordy is right, I have always had an issue with all the mini seats. For some reason the clubman was the worst. There is no support under the thighs for a tall (long legged git) person like me.
The Recarro seats on the red convertible were perfect for Sioban and I, because it had lots of adjustment and the "pull out" front which gave me support.
Had "put by" enough money to buy Recarro's for the new car, but bought Sioban a ring for our anniversay instead. I'm getting soft in my old age..... no comments Crombers.:smilewinkgrin:

Crombers
2nd March 2010, 12:23 PM
Big Gordy is right, I have always had an issue with all the mini seats. For some reason the clubman was the worst. There is no support under the thighs for a tall (long legged git) person like me.
The Recarro seats on the red convertible were perfect for Sioban and I, because it had lots of adjustment and the "pull out" front which gave me support.
Had "put by" enough money to buy Recarro's for the new car, but bought Sioban a ring for our anniversay instead. I'm getting soft in my old age..... no comments Crombers.:smilewinkgrin:

No 'S' spokes (yet) & now a flippin ring !! :argh:

Don't you just get the feeling that some folk are gonna be 'hard' work this year :rolleyes: :Whistle: :yes nod: