PDA

View Full Version : Programming Key Fob doodah..

Watson
24th February 2010, 10:59 AM
So as you can guess very excited about wee Wason just as much as stevie...whole new set of Mini adventures await lol!!

Key Fob programmin..what functions can you get and how do you programme it...

have checked the manual and it makes ditto sense lol...

:confused:like the sound of the windows, can you get them to go up when you lock the car?
:confused:light setting, fogs come on when unlock the car, thought there was the function where you could have the lights stay on for a min when you lock the car and walk away (providing you leave switched on etc.) ??

Sav112 loving some of your hints and tips on Stevie's post really helpful..any others?

Watson currently back at garage for suspension and boot locking problems :sad:

ianking
24th February 2010, 11:21 AM
you will notice that if you change over to the other key that settings will have changed as the settings are stored on the key. It means that the car can be set up for 2 users.
things like the radio station presets and even the bass and treble settings on the radios are different between the 2 keys.
The 3 flash or 1 flash indicator, the self locking doors, the safe lights on home mode etc are all held on the key.
It took me a wee bit time to figure it out and its a bit difficult to explain but if you bring the car on a run or to a meets Im sure others will be able to show you.

I have organised a run local to you for the 2nd May so if you come to that I would be happy to show you.

Livi
24th February 2010, 11:23 AM
So as you can guess very excited about wee Wason just as much as stevie...whole new set of Mini adventures await lol!!

Key Fob programmin..what functions can you get and how do you programme it...

have checked the manual and it makes ditto sense lol...

:confused:like the sound of the windows, can you get them to go up when you lock the car?
:confused:light setting, fogs come on when unlock the car, thought there was the function where you could have the lights stay on for a min when you lock the car and walk away (providing you leave switched on etc.) ??

Sav112 loving some of your hints and tips on Stevie's post really helpful..any others?

Watson currently back at garage for suspension and boot locking problems :sad:

Ill try my best here for info...

Im sure, if you want the windows to go down, press and hold the unlock button until windows go down, vice versa for going up but press and hold lock (does on mine based on a R53)

Courtesy light will stay on for 40secs but im sure you will need this option coded onto car, it MIGHT have it already but once you have switched off engine and lights, pull back the flash and the lights should stay on (again for my R53)

Dont hold me to it, i know a few with R56 will have better info on this as :thumbs up:

Watson
24th February 2010, 12:00 PM
Hey Peeps, cheers for the messages, May the 2nd should be a goer hopefully will be able to make something sooner...

and you never know i may have been able to play around with the lights/windows/locks enough to be able to give a demo lol!!!

Just got a call from Mark, They have fitted a new lock system for the boot and new rear anti roll bushes...yay...just being valeted pick up in a few hours....

Craig
24th February 2010, 01:48 PM
Good news re the fixes ;)

Stewart
24th February 2010, 02:10 PM
Ill try my best here for info...

Im sure, if you want the windows to go down, press and hold the unlock button until windows go down, vice versa for going up but press and hold lock (does on mine based on a R53)
:

As far as I know the Windows cant go back up due to some EU safety law. Think its to save the kiddies fingers or heads.

ianking
24th February 2010, 02:11 PM
If you remove the actual metal key from the R56 key and put it in the door lock and turn it to lock and hold it there it will put the windows back up.

pot007
24th February 2010, 02:54 PM
Ian, does that work with my clubbie? I've been too scared to try and put the windows down using the button.....(memories of when we tried that at a MINI garage and the boot unlocked and we couldn't get it closed again!!)

JOHN MILNE
24th February 2010, 03:04 PM
The headlight stay on for a short while if the ignition is off
all you do is flick the h/lamp flash/indicator switchthe length of time they stay on is programmed by the on board computer (if you have one)

ianking
24th February 2010, 03:29 PM
Ian, does that work with my clubbie? I've been too scared to try and put the windows down using the button.....(memories of when we tried that at a MINI garage and the boot unlocked and we couldn't get it closed again!!)

It should do but I would wait until the snow has gone before you try it.
Early R50s and 53s had the option of popping the boot instead of putting the windows down if you had it coded that way.

R56s have a boot unlock button on the key anyway.

pot007
24th February 2010, 03:46 PM
Cool....not that I will probably use it.....i've been warned about putting the windows down!

Stewart
24th February 2010, 04:10 PM
Never had any problems with the Auto Windows, only really used it on Boiling hot days ( aye remember those ) when I was walking up to the car in a car park etc or if I knew I was going out in a five minutes I’d do it on the drive just to get the heat out the car.

Question: Does the Convertibles have an Auto Roof off the phob? I just think that would be great walking up and the roof going down.

V500EMA
24th February 2010, 04:27 PM
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Question: Does the Convertibles have an Auto Roof off the phob? I just think that would be great walking up and the roof going down.

Yeah I can do that with my convertible, its one of my fav things about it :cool: Its great fun to see peoples faces when you do it in a busy car park :smilewinkgrin: Only bad thing is you cant put the roof up with the key :frown:

ianking
24th February 2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah the cabrio roof on Sarahs 54 plate cooper went down with the key

Stewart
24th February 2010, 06:27 PM
Yeah I can do that with my convertible, its one of my fav things about it :cool: Its great fun to see peoples faces when you do it in a busy car park :smilewinkgrin: Only bad thing is you cant put the roof up with the key :frown:

Show off! :thumbs up:

V500EMA
24th February 2010, 07:18 PM
Show off! :thumbs up:

:lol: :lol:

ianking
24th February 2010, 08:26 PM
Emma
You can put the roof up from the outside but you need to put the actual metal key in the drivers door lock and hold it in the lock position. It will close the roof and the windows.

V500EMA
24th February 2010, 08:50 PM
Emma
You can put the roof up from the outside but you need to put the actual metal key in the drivers door lock and hold it in the lock position. It will close the roof and the windows.

Thanks for that, will need to give it a wee shot :thumbs up:

LightningStevie
24th February 2010, 09:29 PM
I'm just about to go read the manual and sort the settings I want out. Andy has already figured it out, so need to do the same lol

Watson
24th February 2010, 09:55 PM
I am totally gunna be shown up lol everyone's else's mini will be doing all sorts and mine well................

LightningStevie
24th February 2010, 10:39 PM
Well I've sorted out the indicator flash, the auto locking when you drive off, but I can't seem to do the setting for the exterior lights to come on when you lock or unlock the car like your car does Vaughan. Further investigation needed me thinks

Stewart
24th February 2010, 11:32 PM
I've had my car two years in June and never touched indicator flash, the auto locking setting. What can you do to them?

LightningStevie
24th February 2010, 11:41 PM
you know when you touch the indicator, but not a full press? Well you can set that to flash once, or 3 times.

The auto locking has a couple of settings.

Off - Means when you unlock it, it wont relock its self if you don't open the doors.
Timed on - as above, but it will lock after a set time.
Auto lock - Means that it will lock the doors when you drive off

Stewart
24th February 2010, 11:45 PM
A right well my car is on three Flashes and locks when I drive off.

Cheers for the info.

LightningStevie
24th February 2010, 11:52 PM
no worries!

Watson
24th February 2010, 11:55 PM
Mine doesn't auto lock when i drive, and i love it that way, as otherwise you need to pull the handle twice and people try to rip the handle off! (so wont try and fix that) Aye got the lights sorted for getting in the car phew! Just want to work the windows out now and CD player/radio settings, MP3 disks are great!!! I can flick through soooo many albums now!

Watson
24th February 2010, 11:59 PM
more importantly how do you post pics on here, done a link form fb and it didn't recognise it tried to attach a photo and it just came up as thumb nail attachments as you can see from my first post, just want a pic like what stevie put up on his post.:confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used:

LightningStevie
25th February 2010, 12:00 AM
I just press and hold the unlock button and my windows go down. Is there a separate setting for that?

And yeah, being able to see the album listings so easily is fantastic!

baptie
25th February 2010, 12:17 AM
so can anyone alter auto door lock?
I really hate the feature.

LightningStevie
25th February 2010, 08:44 AM
I think you can yes on the R56 although I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will let you know no doubt :)

stoney
25th February 2010, 08:52 AM
more importantly how do you post pics on here, done a link form fb and it didn't recognise it tried to attach a photo and it just came up as thumb nail attachments as you can see from my first post, just want a pic like what stevie put up on his post.:confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used:

use some thing like photo bucket to host the pics then post the link with the (img) tags around it and that should be you

Watson
25th February 2010, 09:20 AM

ditto..but sadly don't know how to change it, just pleased mine doesn't do it!!!

Watson
25th February 2010, 09:21 AM
use some thing like photo bucket to host the pics then post the link with the (img) tags around it and that should be you

aye will give it another go...web forums hate my pc skills lol!!!

LightningStevie
25th February 2010, 09:32 AM
I'll show you next time I'm around how to link photos

N16SHP
25th February 2010, 11:36 AM

Yeah, on my R56 you can turn the autolock on and off. I quite like it to be honest, means you don't have to keep your eyes peeled for any dodgers walking next to your car. But as mentioned, you do have to warn people before getting out the car that they need to pull twice. Most of the time when I stop to let folk out, I flip the toggle to open the doors anyway.

On a more comical note, my brother in law managed to rip the inner door handle of his brother in law's Avensis about a month ago. Basically the driver was adiment the child locks were not on and he just had to pull harder....**snap**...maybe Toyota will have another re-call ;)

Watson
25th February 2010, 07:19 PM
On a more comical note, my brother in law managed to rip the inner door handle of his brother in law's Avensis about a month ago. Basically the driver was adiment the child locks were not on and he just had to pull harder....**snap**...maybe Toyota will have another re-call ;)

Love it!

Watson
25th February 2010, 07:22 PM
Ok so congrats to Mini for sorting out the bushes and giving me that smooth ride i have been waiting all year for yay!!

They did replace the boot locks for me but still playing up..so could it be Driver Error??

Unlock the car with the blipper thing then unlock the boot also with the blipper thing...then it won't lock?? Have to faff around and lock the car unlock the car to reset it, is this another fancy key adaptation? :confused:

N16SHP
25th February 2010, 08:26 PM
Ok so congrats to Mini for sorting out the bushes and giving me that smooth ride i have been waiting all year for yay!!

They did replace the boot locks for me but still playing up..so could it be Driver Error??

Unlock the car with the blipper thing then unlock the boot also with the blipper thing...then it won't lock?? Have to faff around and lock the car unlock the car to reset it, is this another fancy key adaptation? :confused:

This may sounds daft, but if I open the boot, and use one of the other doors, the boot will not then open. But if i walk up to the car, blip the boot, it opens. Its obviously the closing of another door that drops is just enough back into the lock to stop it opening!

Watson
25th February 2010, 10:50 PM
How bizzare !!! think it will take a while to get to the route of this and for me to work out a process of what does what to the boot...