PDA

View Full Version : I got it! I got it! I got it! I got it!

LightningStevie
23rd February 2010, 10:11 PM
Didn't take many photo's sorry guys. It was dark when we got to the dealers. Will get some good ones at the weekend :)

Had a little drive around Edinburgh in it. Its so stable on the motorway! And a heck of a lot quicker than my diesel smart lol however, 36mpg according to the trip computer is way off what the smart got (55 was my worst, 85 best) but hey, thats to be expected

Its got 16" wheels and run flat tyres so the ride isn't great. But the handling is just superb! Can't wait to give it a proper drive some time!

Only other thing I noticed and mentioned to dealer where loads of scratches on the bonnet when its been polished. He seemed to think it is just the way its been done. They did say that if I wasn't happy seeing it in the light, that we can take it back and they sort it.

The interior is immaculate though! Not sure how dog proof the leather bits are going to be though...

RyanK
23rd February 2010, 10:29 PM
Congrats on the new ride!

Look forward to the pictures

craigblack85
23rd February 2010, 10:32 PM
My advice would be not to take it back too the garage to fix it. They gave it to you in that condition and must think it is acceptable. Pop over to detailing world http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/ and have a look at thte showroom and studio. Better to get one of those to fix it. It might be possible to get the garage to pay for a professional to fix it.
Check out these MINI'shttp://tinyurl.com/yktfljc

Craig
23rd February 2010, 10:32 PM
Congrats!!!

The mpg will get better ;)

stoney
23rd February 2010, 11:47 PM
good good glad you are happy with the mini much better than a smart

stoney
23rd February 2010, 11:48 PM
you should talk to ian king about the bonnet he is the shine king around this parts

Stewart
24th February 2010, 12:01 AM
A few things I found out after I bought my Cooper.

If you hold down the open button when you go to open the car the windows go down.

Your CD player plays not just normal CDs but MP3 CD’s so you can have 100 tracks and not just the usual 20 on say a CD-RW

The Fuel Gauge with the lights you’ll get used too. Its not like a needle that slowly moves it kind of kicks you in the nuts, I always go dam there goes another light.

You’ll get around 250 plus on a full tank on normal unleaded it’s only a small 40 lt tank. The computer will tell you one minute you have 80 miles left then after a few miles you’re in the Red and its telling you 50 or something. I can keep my Cooper around 42 MPG easy and you get mid 50’s on arun.

The Stop/Start you’ll get used to and might have had on the Smart. It seems strange to stop you engine. It will have driven normally tonight as its too Cold once it gets above 4c it will stop your engine at lights if you push in the clutch and go into neutral. The second you hit the the clutch it starts and your off .

Your Windows go up and down an inch opening and closing your Door. Good to remember on a frosty Morn.

Enjoy the Car. :thumbs up:

The inside NMS sticker is fiddly to get just right, the letters are individually done. The outside Sticker for the Window is a lot easier and can handle jet washes, well my Sticker has but I just move quick over it. Better Still If you getting a Sticker you can always rope someone that’s done it at a meet or Run. Just look out for a big guy, normally in shorts has a boot full.:smilewinkgrin:

Sheilz
24th February 2010, 02:06 AM
Congratulations Stevie. Glad to hear your liking the motor. And as other's have said best get the swirl marks etc taken out by an expert, or evn by yourself under expert supervision. Enjoy and looking forward to the pics :thumbs up:

Gismo
24th February 2010, 04:49 AM
Nice one, now head off to the merchandise section and get your NMS goodies ordered up, Craig has all that stuff now :thumbs up:

LightningStevie
24th February 2010, 08:54 AM
thanks for the info Sav! Its 56 plate, so no stop/start. Not something I was fussed about anyways. And I had a MP3 CD in the smart so we tried it out at the dealership. The salesman didn't know it played MP3s so that was a bonus!

As for the swirls, I'm going to have a look today, so what I think. They weren't there when I looked at the car, so its something the dealer will have to put right

ianking
24th February 2010, 09:15 AM
To be honest I wouldnt let the dealer sort them as they dont even know how to wash and polish a car (hence the scratches there now)
Im not too far away from you and could sort your bonnet for a stipend

MINI William
24th February 2010, 09:16 AM
Stevie glad you got your car. Looking forward to the pics. Mind and get yourself on a run

LightningStevie
24th February 2010, 09:23 AM
To be honest I wouldnt let the dealer sort them as they dont even know how to wash and polish a car (hence the scratches there now)
Im not too far away from you and could sort your bonnet for a stipend

For a stipend? Will send you a pm and hopefully we can sort it out :-)

zimbo
24th February 2010, 10:13 AM
Congrats on the new car, glad to hear your enjoying it so far. And I am sorry to hear about the scratches :frown: as Stoney has said Ian King is the king of shine on this site and he will get it looking better than new :thumbs up:

pot007
24th February 2010, 10:18 AM
I picked my 57plate Clubbie up a few weeks ago and the swirl/scratches were really bad.....handed it over to the King of Shine at the weekend for the full works and its like a brand new car (even has that new car smell!). I highly recommend his work.....I will be posting the pics of the finished results when my home PC decides to work again (I can't use photobucket at work, otherwise I would do it now)

Watson
24th February 2010, 10:38 AM
Just to say saw the wee (smurf) last night, does look fab very jealous as got the chilli pack so better spec than mine and i got mine first lol.....:D

will be posting another thread on them wee key function doodahs ...

LightningStevie
24th February 2010, 07:38 PM
Its not a smurf! It would only be a smurf if he had a white roof lol calling him Murray :)

And I reckon i will be going to ianking very soon :)

LightningStevie
24th February 2010, 07:43 PM
Here's the only photo I have for the moment

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs491.snc3/26836_326615854588_501479588_3349268_3693274_n.jpg

T5LLC
24th February 2010, 08:06 PM
Lovely :)

camjay
24th February 2010, 08:50 PM
Great stuff Stevie. Enjoy! x

Fartin Martin
24th February 2010, 09:03 PM
Glad your lovin it dude!;) where's the name murry came from?

LightningStevie
24th February 2010, 09:25 PM
We decided we wanted a scottish name, so andy looked up a few on the internet. Its the only name we agreed on lol

Watson
24th February 2010, 09:52 PM
Murry!!! Back to the wee Smurf i say!!!

Fartin Martin
24th February 2010, 09:54 PM
Oh right a see!.. Jst always like to know how folk come up with names..mines was thought up by my mate..but can't really post it here lmao

Fartin Martin
24th February 2010, 09:55 PM
Murry!!! Back to the wee Smurf i say!!!

I quite like smurf too tbh! :p

LightningStevie
24th February 2010, 10:36 PM
I quite like smurf too tbh! :p

Don't encourage him!

Oh right a see!.. Jst always like to know how folk come up with names..mines was thought up by my mate..but can't really post it here lmao

you'll have to PM me it! lol

Edit to say I've just had a wee drive around the block, first time on my own. Boy the car can handle!! Used to think the smart roadster was good, but this is another league!

Fartin Martin
24th February 2010, 10:49 PM
Don't encourage him!

you'll have to PM me it! lol

Edit to say I've just had a wee drive around the block, first time on my own. Boy the car can handle!! Used to think the smart roadster was good, but this is another league!

Ha ha I know your warming to it!:p

ok I'll pm you jst now!;)

LightningStevie
24th February 2010, 11:00 PM
must be a long story cause im still waiting :p

LightningStevie
24th February 2010, 11:09 PM
I like that name! And I'm sure with a bit of editing it could be mentioned on here ;)

Fartin Martin
24th February 2010, 11:37 PM
must be a long story cause im still waiting :p

Ha ha lol..sorry I took a while..in work n
and folk were wanting served!:lol: and I'm on my phone too! Ha

Fartin Martin
24th February 2010, 11:39 PM
I like that name! And I'm sure with a bit of editing it could be mentioned on here ;)

Lol I'm sure I could re word it someway!:p

LightningStevie
24th February 2010, 11:44 PM
Named after someone who does some crackin' tunes! And also some pants lol

Watson
24th February 2010, 11:57 PM
sounds so wrong,

totally encourage me lol!

Fartin Martin
25th February 2010, 12:04 AM
Named after someone who does some crackin' tunes! And also some pants lol

Lmaoooooooo I actually lol'd there!!

Duncan Stewart
27th February 2010, 10:33 PM
Looks great. Lightning blue is a superb colour:thumbs up: Had it on my last Cooper but unfortunately discontinued now :sad:

LightningStevie
28th February 2010, 10:56 AM
Yeah it does look good, its not a colour I would have went for myself personally, but I do love it! It was either the blue or the sparkling silver colour. Blue won :)