PDA

View Full Version : rust !on rear wing

philip
23rd February 2010, 12:14 AM
I have found some what looks to me some rust spots bubbleing up from under the paint theres no stone chips or dents scratches ,a can just find two small pointy bubbles on the drivers side rear wing has anyone had this problem before and do you think i will be coverd under a warrenty? :ragin:

Bazthemod
23rd February 2010, 12:24 AM
Depends on the age of your car. Sure its 6 years paint warranty.

audrey
23rd February 2010, 12:26 AM
I read your other post and it says you have an 06 plate cooper S that you just bought in November I don't know much about cars but I should think this would be covered someone should be along soon who can help you

philip
23rd February 2010, 12:38 AM
cheers guys its ma first newish car lol just geting used to all this warrenty stuff they all ready said that a needed a new clutch plate that wasnt covered and had to pay lol not fun

Crombers
23rd February 2010, 10:06 AM
RUST!!!! on an 06 plate

Sumfin not right here ....................... MINI's from new are fully galvanised (etc etc) which 'should' prevent this

What's the process at the factory folks, anyone remember the chain of events ??

ianking
23rd February 2010, 10:59 AM
It may have had accident repair done to it in the past and perhaps not sealed in right. This often causes rust to pop through early.
Best way to check if a car has been painted is to put a paint thickness guage machine on it.

Where abouts are you. I might be able to help.

baptie
23rd February 2010, 11:06 AM
I have three on drivers side, one on door and two on rear quarter.
I never knew there was a 6 year paint warranty.......even though its a used car?

philip
23rd February 2010, 06:30 PM
It may have had accident repair done to it in the past and perhaps not sealed in right. This often causes rust to pop through early.
Best way to check if a car has been painted is to put a paint thickness guage machine on it.

Where abouts are you. I might be able to help.

Im in dumbarton that would be great ,but if it had accident damage can bmw still sell the mini as a cherished one or does that not count?

stoney
23rd February 2010, 07:08 PM
that depends if it has gone thro an insh or just been done bye some back street place and then mini would never know as i have had my car paintid but bmw would never know as i would not tell them !!!! it was due to stone chips rusting spots in the main

philip
9th March 2010, 11:59 PM
good news i do have a 6 year rust warranty and its going in to get fixed at easter and get the boot plinth fitted too ,the newer minis are 12 year rust warrety just to let you know a found that out lol

baptie
10th March 2010, 11:28 PM
just checked warranty, 12 year corrosion.
Spoke to a mate the night, same issue, 06 plate S!

Will call Douglas Park in the morning, problem is its Hamilton.....I take it I can just drop into Harrys Irvine?

baptie
11th March 2010, 12:06 PM
booked in for Friday, lets see what happens