PDA

View Full Version : TLC Pack?

MiniSnaps
22nd February 2010, 04:56 PM
Could someone clarify the position re servicing under this for an R50 - my car is just approaching it's fifth birthday, but I've been told (by Fairbairns) that as it has done less than 50k and is showing that it's not due a service for 5k that basically I've lost the last service.

I rang MINI customer services and asked them, explaining that I would probably be trading it in for a new one, but they were adamant that they wouldn't do the service and that if they had to lose a sale as a result of this then (and I quote) "if that's the way it has to be then so be it"

Nice one MINI :thumbs up:

Stewart
22nd February 2010, 05:32 PM
Personally if I was trading it in, I’d not bother as it does not need it. If I was keeping the car or selling it private I’d demand that this service was due not on Mileage but on Date.

It might be under the 50K but as you said it is five years old, and its probably been a few years since it was last in. As far as I understand the service on the Mini’s is no great expense to the dealers and its another Arse moment for Mini.

Fairbairn’s Giffnock I take it and that’s a few doggy reports I’ve read on here about them. I got my Mini’s first service done in September there and they did both the first brake service and the usual service on the TLC at the same time. It was actually the Brake one that was flagging up on the Dash and the normal service was 2K off and they done it.

stoney
22nd February 2010, 05:38 PM
Your TLC is for 50,000 or 3 years so if ur mini is 5 then it's out side the package I'm afraid but as sav said if ur tradin it in the don't bother let the dealer do it !!!!

Stewart
22nd February 2010, 06:04 PM
See did they change the TLC on the R56? My TLC package clearly tells me and this is printed.

“ With Mini TLC you can relax knowing that Three services are covered within Five years or 50,000 miles, whichever milestone is reached first.”

It offers me three additional Years or 80,000 miles if after my current package I want to go on with TLC XL.

KenL
22nd February 2010, 08:22 PM
You only get two services with the R56 TLC, I thought?

The OP is asking about an R50. I was pretty sure that it was unlikely that most of them got near 50 000 miles as the services worked out about 10k, 25k and 40k.

If it is a really low mileage car I can see why they will not carry out the third service as the car will only be serviced every two years, so not due its third service until 6 years old.

There are loop holes all over the place!

KenL
22nd February 2010, 08:23 PM
Your TLC is for 50,000 or 3 years so if ur mini is 5 then it's out side the package I'm afraid but as sav said if ur tradin it in the don't bother let the dealer do it !!!!

No, TLC is 5 years - warranty is 3 years.

stoney
22nd February 2010, 08:56 PM
Fair enuf I used it all and the xl tlc that may only be 3 years

Big Gordy
22nd February 2010, 09:03 PM
I only used 3 of the TLC tokens on Mutley as the mileage was always too low:frown: (18K@7 years old:p)
1 service and 2 brake fluid changes IIRC:yawn:

Stewart
22nd February 2010, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=KenL;237915]You only get two services with the R56 TLC, I thought?

In the Wee Book I had First Service, Then a brake Fluid change, then the Second service that is still to be used.

They just done both the first two at the same time.

Probably down to the fact the car before I got it had only done 1k in six months since it was new, as I was told the Service was on miles and the Brake service was on date.

Andrew
22nd February 2010, 10:32 PM
In September last year when I took mine in for an MOT, Menzies told me the servicing was when the indicator said so or two years.

As the last service was over two years previously I took it in the next week for it's second service.

Crombers
23rd February 2010, 10:18 AM
(18K@7 years old:p)

:eek: You've been disconnecting that speedo again, that's only 2571 miles per annum , 214 miles per month & 49 miles per week :rolleyes: :Whistle:

KenL
23rd February 2010, 03:49 PM
I emailed MINI as I do not have a TLC booklet. Peter Vardy said they do not give them out now.

I asked for clarification as to what you get with TLC for my R56, here is their replay:

Dear Mr Laidlaw

Thank you for your email enquiry to MINI Customer Information.

Please accept my apologies that you have not received the tlc booklet which should have been despatched to you at the time of purchase.

I will be preparing a letter for you today and will include the tlc booklet with this correspondence.

In the meantime, please find enclosed guidance on both the tlc and tlc XL packs:

The tlc package on MINI Cooper **09*** is valid for 5 years or 50,000 miles, whichever is reached soonest.

This pack covers the following services:

* Inspection II service
* Oil service
* Brake fluid change

You are able to purchase the tlc Xl package at any time up until the next service after the tlc pack has expired.

MINI tlc XL covers you for:

* 1st inspection II service.
* 3rd oil service.
* 2nd brake fluid change.

Should you purchase the MINI tlc XL package, your vehicle will be covered for the above services, as well as any of the services included in the MINI tlc that have not been used, should they become due under the pack. For example, the 40,000 mile service when necessary. MINI tlc XL covers the cost of the parts, lubricants and labour involved in all MINI servicing to a maximum of 8 years, 80,000 miles or when all of the above services, as well as any of the services included in the MINI tlc, are used, whichever comes first.

Your vehicle will require servicing only when your MINI Service Interval Indicator informs you that a service is due, which is displayed when you first put your key in the ignition. This indicator will count down in miles until it reaches zero, meaning that a service will be due. In any case we recommend that your vehicle is serviced at least every two years. If your MINI Service Interval Indicator does not reach zero within two years of your last service then you should consider booking your vehicle into a MINI service department.

In summary, MINI tlc XL would cover your vehicle for an additional 3 years or 30,000 miles* from the 5 year or 50,000 mile* period which your original MINI tlc pack covered you for. In circumstances where your vehicle covers particularly low mileage, your vehicle may miss out on some of the services available through MINI tlc or MINI tlc XL, as the pack only covers you for servicing as and when your MINI requires.

Once purchased, because of the nature of MINI tlc XL, it protects you against the increase in cost for labour rates and parts, meaning that the pack is inflation proof and MINI UK will absorb any additional costs in relation to these increases.

I trust this information is of assistance. If you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

MINI UK

Big Gordy
23rd February 2010, 04:26 PM
:eek: You've been disconnecting that speedo again, that's only 2571 miles per annum , 214 miles per month & 49 miles per week :rolleyes: :Whistle:

It doesn't get out much :blush: I've only had it out of the garage twice since I was paid off in October:sad: I'm sure the people at the wifes work think she's sold it:p I go out and start him up every week tho:smilewinkgrin:

stoney
23rd February 2010, 04:28 PM
well that clears this one up then

Ally S
25th February 2010, 01:52 PM
thats for an R56 though.

For my R50 its 5 years or 40k miles for the last oil service in my TLC booklet.

I think I need to be at 40k before 5 years is up in order to qualify. Its gonna be tight.

G17RDY
25th February 2010, 08:23 PM
Fairbairns.......Why am i not surprised!!!!!