PDA

View Full Version : Alloy wheel bolts.

norrie
21st February 2010, 08:18 PM
Hi there,

Not long joined and going to order a new Mini this week.
I just picked up a new set of alloys for the car today and wondered if I needed new bolts or not as the car is coming with steel wheels.
If I do need new bolts where is the best place to get them and I could also do with a set of lockers.

Cheers.

Norrie.

Forbes
21st February 2010, 08:32 PM
Hi there,

Not long joined and going to order a new Mini this week.
I just picked up a new set of alloys for the car today and wondered if I needed new bolts or not as the car is coming with steel wheels.
If I do need new bolts where is the best place to get them and I could also do with a set of lockers.

Cheers.

Norrie.

Welcome. Not unless you have to run spacers.

I still run the oem bolts on aftermarket alloys

norrie
21st February 2010, 08:47 PM
No spacers.
It's the Flame Spoke wheels I got today.

Norrie.

The Dogfather
21st February 2010, 08:52 PM
I'd check that the bolts with steel wheels are the same length as the ones you would use with alloys.

Alloy wheels tend to be thicker than steel wheels so there could be a difference, mind you Ben (0004BES) has run his car with steel wheels so he might be on the money.

Forbes
21st February 2010, 08:56 PM
I'd check that the bolts with steel wheels are the same length as the ones you would use with alloys.

Alloy wheels tend to be thicker than steel wheels so there could be a difference, mind you Ben (0004BES) has run his car with steel wheels so he might be on the money.

I believe that they are all the same from MINI, can't see them bothering with different bolts. And yes I have had a few sets on my motor including steels:D

Forbes
21st February 2010, 08:57 PM
car is coming with steel wheels.

Are they for sale and what size?

norrie
21st February 2010, 09:13 PM
Never really thought about it.
There 15" just the standard ones that come with the car.

Norrie.

Livi
21st February 2010, 11:47 PM
The Gen 1 MINI's used bolts @ 1.5 length

Gen 2 used 1.25 length but i dont think .25 of a difference is really that much but i think they updated the bolts to the 1.25 for all MINIs now.

Big Gordy
22nd February 2010, 11:51 AM
I used the bolts that came with our steel wheel shod mini when I put the OEM alloys on 7 years ago and they're just fine:cool: Don't think the steel wheels come with security bolts tho so you will have to buy a set of them:thumbs up:

norrie
22nd February 2010, 06:58 PM
Yeah spoke to the dealer today and he confirmed that the standard bolts will be fine.
I just need to get a set of locking bolts now.

Norrie.