PDA

View Full Version : Help !!!!!!!!

condor
21st February 2010, 10:17 AM
Hi all..........Picked up my new GP yeasterday after trading in my gorgeouse cooper s with every toy in the toy shop fitted:D.....imagine my disgust when i arrived home and looking through the manual and after checking indicator stock........theres no alarm on the most sought after mini in the range :argh:...whats going on ???????......can anydody advise me of a good alarm fitter in or around the borders ??
Many Thanks

Mini Ecosse
21st February 2010, 12:40 PM
Sorry not a clue, but I am sure someone will be along shortly to offer advice:thumbs up:

Stewart
21st February 2010, 12:42 PM
That cant be right, no Alarm in the GP? if so thats shocking.

The Dogfather
21st February 2010, 01:34 PM
there's a lot of stuff missing from the GP, xenons, rear speakers, rear wash wipe and extra coat of paint. More is less as they say ;)

Gismo
21st February 2010, 01:43 PM
there's a lot of stuff missing from the GP, xenons, rear speakers, rear wash wipe and extra coat of paint. More is less as they say ;)There's nothing missing from the GP, they never had thsoe items in the first place, so, not missing :Whistle:

GP BILLY
21st February 2010, 07:45 PM
There's nothing missing from the GP, they never had thsoe items in the first place, so, not missing :Whistle:

Agreed:thumbs up::thumbs up: they were bulit for the driving experience:yes nod::yes nod:
and I can asure you that BMW made this car an absolute hoot to drive on B roads :thumbs up:
Irvine to Galashiels in just over 90 mins and I can honestly say I didn't have the radio on nor did I
miss having climate control, rear speakers, parcel shelf, rear seats, glove box, front fog lights and
rear wash wipper (whats behind me doesn't bother me:smilewinkgrin:) and its better with the
traction control switched off:laugh:

Condor next time I am over at my mates in Galla (he stay's in tweedbank) I will look out for you :thumbs up::thumbs up:

condor
22nd February 2010, 01:47 AM
Hi Volvic..................i live in tweedbamk as well and i think i know your friends.......the GP is a fantastic car, my s that i traded in was a beast with all the toys and a great car..but the GP has a preasence on the road that the s just didnt have.......but i need to get it alarmed.........
Take care.
John

Stewart
22nd February 2010, 08:35 AM
Well you learn something every day, I knew it was kept to a minimum but not without an Alarm..

That’s all good and well saying it’s a hoot to drive but that’s if you go out and the thing is still on the drive. That must be entertaining when it comes to the insurance.

Gismo
22nd February 2010, 01:30 PM
It does have an imobiliser though

Ally S
22nd February 2010, 01:50 PM
Is an Alarm really worth the price?

It didn't stop my old Fiesta from getting broken into (they just short circuited it and it was a Cat 1).

I would be looking at getting a Tracker fitted.