PDA

View Full Version : Cooper Checkmate???????

Fartin Martin
20th February 2010, 08:38 PM
Right..Im a touch confused!:confused::confused:

Was working in town last night and after I finished work, decided to go a wee scoot about town to see what was happnin! Was drivin down Renfield Street and what I thought was a Checkmate S, but was actually just a Cooper!..I thought the Checkmate was an S model, but as far as I know, in OZ its a cooper model but surely they wouldnt just get one sent over cos it was a Checkmate??

Any ideas?

Cheers

Martin

Craig
20th February 2010, 08:43 PM
was the colour the same as yours? It could just have been a Hyper Blue cooper with the same decals. Or did it have the same interior as yours?

Fartin Martin
20th February 2010, 08:49 PM
was the colour the same as yours? It could just have been a Hyper Blue cooper with the same decals. Or did it have the same interior as yours?

well see, a dunno cos a was drivin past it, just seen the check and was like OMG :lol:, then I realised it was a Cooper!..but couldn't stop so dnt know if it was the same interior, and dont even know what colour the body was cos it was dark..deffo wasn't HB, poss black!..just think its so random to put the Checkmate decals on it! lol

Livi
20th February 2010, 08:53 PM
Im sure your able to buy the wing decals as an accessory now, might just look similar, but the only 3 cars that came out at that time were:

One7
Parklane
Checkmate

Most items for the above models needed the correct chassis for replacement parts to stop replica

Fartin Martin
20th February 2010, 08:55 PM
Im sure your able to buy the wing decals as an accessory now, might just look similar, but the only 3 cars that came out at that time were:

One7
Parklane
Checkmate

Most items for the above models needed the correct chassis for replacement parts to stop replica

hmmmm..well see thats what I thought, I think diff countries got diff specs kinda thing, like Oz with the cooper Checkmate and Im sure theres a Parklane Cooper S somewhere in America..but dont quote me on that

camjay
21st February 2010, 10:18 AM
Martin, you can definately get chequered wing decals. Saw them on fleabay! Someone's probably just added them to their cooper!

RyanK
21st February 2010, 11:36 AM
Could well be an import, nice if it is!

Think its the same with the park lanes. The were only released as coopers but there is a couple of people in the uk that have parklane cooper s's`!

Fartin Martin
21st February 2010, 01:15 PM
Could well be an import, nice if it is!

Think its the same with the park lanes. The were only released as coopers but there is a couple of people in the uk that have parklane cooper s's`!
A cooper s parklane would be sweet as!! Lol

ianking
21st February 2010, 01:46 PM
I spotted a cooper checkmate a couple years back that was over here. It was registered from somewhere in europe.

Other countries got other versions of the specials.

Fartin Martin
21st February 2010, 01:58 PM
think this is just someone who got the checkmate decals put on an ordinary cooper..cos the car itself was nothing special..well no as special as mine!ha ha :lol: