PDA

View Full Version : Little boy's birthday, 25th July

Smurf
17th June 2004, 07:00 PM
Well. You get asked the funniest things sometimes. My best pal's nephew is 5 in July, and having been brought up properly, he can almost recite the NEW Italian Job film backwards. My pal's had this bright idea of bringing the Italian Job to him for his birthday..... (They couldn't make it to see the Thistle Run off - that was my first suggestion). I can just see him being the picture of excitement.

So, it's been left to me to find a new red MINI and a new white MINI (I have the blue one), and try to talk the owners into a wee jaunt to Callendar (near Stirling) on Sunday 25th July..... They would only have to turn up, stay for 10 minutes, then go again, should they want to. I'll take the little lad out for a run in mine, if he's feeling brave. Or we could have a 3 car convoy round a few of the wee roads at the back of Callendar. Whatever suits folks best, I don't want to put anyone out.

Sorry I don't have any sort of details, but this is very much in the planning stages, and won't get much further if I don't ask.......

I spoke to Stuart (?-I think) at the Thistle Run, who has a red one, and they're up for it, although I've forgotten their phone number..... Sorry guys, memory like a fish.

So, anyone with a white MINI, who's fairly local (don't want anyone going miles out of their way or anything) up for this? If you don't have the cars yourself, do you know of anyone?

Thanks very much for any help,
Cheers,
Vaila. :D

Big Col
17th June 2004, 07:59 PM
I got a yellow one which is no good to ya, otherwise I'd have been happy to assist. :(

Smurf
17th June 2004, 08:07 PM
Thanks!

The sentiment is much appreciated!

V.

Gismo
17th June 2004, 08:46 PM
It's also the day after the Mackies Ice Cream Run where i expect the only white Mini owner may still be recovering from the previous nights festivities :p:dead:

I seem to remember another thread asking for something similar to this on the same day, or is this it, now i'm confused :clown:

Smurf
17th June 2004, 09:07 PM
Is there only one white Mini in NMS? There not that rare, surely?

There may have been another thread, but I couldn't find it when I looked.... Apologies if there is....
I think the owners of the red Mini were going to ask for help too.....

I might have to settle for a light silver one then...... Hmmmmm.

Thanks for your reply though!

Burple
17th June 2004, 09:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

It's also the day after the Mackies Ice Cream Run where i expect the only white Mini owner may still be recovering from the previous nights festivities :p:dead:

Hmmm... Fraid so... I suspect BS may be right there.. ;):cool::cool:
Sorry guys - If it had been any other time I'd be more than happy to turn up!
Any excuse to get out for a blast... :D

...especially if there was a chance of Ice Cream and Jelly!! :D:D:D

seany
17th June 2004, 09:47 PM
Vaila, you could always come on the Mackies Ice Cream, or i hear that on the 3rd july red arrows at Arbroath, www.seafront.org.uk, Italian Job minis are going to be there.

Smurf
17th June 2004, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the info - I'm already booked to go to Arbroath with The Mini Clan. (And thanks for the invite to the Mackies run - I'll see how the diary is looking.)

If the Italian Job Mini's are going to be there, then that might suffice for an early birthday treat.....

I'll put the idea forward, and see what sort of response I get from the 'auntie'!

seany
17th June 2004, 10:39 PM
there is about 50 new minis going with NMS.

Craig
18th June 2004, 03:36 AM
Valia,

It was me you spoke to at the thistle run..:D:D

As BS mentioned I did ask, but the only one I could think of was low_n_loud1 and I know he will be smashed sorry recovering the morning after the run up to Cullen. If you can settle for a silver mini there are loads in NMS - I'm sure one of them will be glad to help, just to make a wee person's day!!

Craig:)

Smurf
18th June 2004, 07:22 PM
Craig,

My deepest apologies for getting your name wrong!! (SO embarrassed.....) My only excuse is that you meet so many people at these things..... I know WHO people are, but not necessarily with the right name!! So sorry........

No worries about low 'n loud not being sober enough to make it! Screaming kids with a hangover is NOT a good idea!

I'll speak to 'auntie' at the weekend, and see if a silver one would be ok. I'll also tell them about the Arbroath Spectacular.

Thanks again for your help, and I'll post here when I have a better idea of what 'auntie' actually wants. My life wouldn't be worth living if I got it wrong!

Vaila.
:)

Smurf
22nd June 2004, 08:08 PM
OK, spoken to 'auntie' and a silver one would be fine.

:D

So is there anyone out there (fairly local to Stirling / Callander) who has a silver Mini, feel like a wee jaunt with myself and CRAIG (got it right that time!) on the 25th July?

That's if there are any of you left, who aren't blotto after the Mackies Run..... :p

Thanks again for your help guys.
Vaila.

CooperTrooper
22nd June 2004, 09:53 PM
smurf!

i've got a red/white cooper, and i stay in milngavie, and regularly blast up and down to callander (in about 20mins) :D

but to be honest, im startin to get annoyed with kids askin 'that ur mini big man'?, i thought the chicks would dig the mini, but so far they have all been about 12! :mad:

Cheers!

Smurf
22nd June 2004, 10:15 PM
Thanks CooperTrooper, you're more than welcome to join us, but we have blue (me) and red (CraigD) already... I need a silver one now...

I live in Fintry and work in Bishopbriggs, but some of the family stay in Milngavie (and so does Tesco!!), so I might see you around.

I seem to have a following of little boys too, wherever I go.......

CooperTrooper
22nd June 2004, 10:18 PM
smurf,

sunny fintry eh! another one of my fave roads, up and over lennoxtown and beyond!

what colors ur mini, i'll keep an eye out? any fancy bits?

Smurf
22nd June 2004, 10:21 PM
I drive that road twice a day !! :)

Just posted this on the other thread too - Indy Blue, twin silver stripes, S99URF number plate.

See ya around!

CooperTrooper
22nd June 2004, 10:45 PM
smurf,

now u mention it, i remember pre mini days, i used to see one sittin on the right on the road thru fintry, cant even remember the color now! mibbe an 'S'?

I hope i dont meet u halfway round a bend on the lennoxtown road! :approve:

Smurf
22nd June 2004, 11:13 PM
There's a black Cooper sits half way down Fintry Main Street.
We also now have a yellow one!
You won't see mine from the road, sorry!

Don't worry about the Lennoxtown road, I drive on my own side (round blind bends, anyway.....) I've met a few people who don't though - SCARY.....

Smurf
23rd June 2004, 04:03 PM
:question: :question: :question:

Anyone with a silver Mini up for this?

I don't suppose I need to know instantly, but if you're interested / free that day, could you post? Then I can tell 'auntie' that I have the three Minis..... She'd be well chuffed! :)

Vaila.

Smurf
24th June 2004, 10:26 PM
I had a suggestion of hiring a white MINI, and was told that Mitchells in Rutherglen have one.
Unfortunately the white MINI is booked on the 25th July, and the only MINIs available are yellow.....

But it was a good try....

Any other car hire places out there with MINIs that anyone knows about?

Smurf
24th June 2004, 10:33 PM
I meant to say - lunch will be provided by the little chap's Mom and Dad.

That might sway it for someone!! :D

ad2676
28th June 2004, 06:30 AM
I have a white cooper,but unfortunately i'm on holiday at that time,or I would have come along for the ride.
Cheers
Alan

Smurf
28th June 2004, 04:05 PM
OH NO !!!!!

You were looking like my last hope..... :eek:
Thanks for the reply though.

That's a pity. Not to worry though, I'll keep trying, still got a month or so to go......

:D

PLEASE?? Anyone? Silver? :I

Smurf
29th June 2004, 04:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I got a yellow one which is no good to ya, otherwise I'd have been happy to assist. :(

Big Col - would you still be willing to do this? I know it should really be a white car, but I reckon I can convince a 5 year old that yellow is just a darker shade of white !! :D

How's this for coincidence - you and the wee lads dad have the same name...... :eek:

Big Gordy
29th June 2004, 04:17 PM
Jings :eek: what's the odds of two people having the name 'Bigcol' ;) As long as he doesn't LOOK like him he'll be alright :dead: :p:D:approve:

Big Col
24th July 2004, 09:24 PM
Hope tomorrow goes groovy Smurf. :)

KAH
24th July 2004, 09:50 PM
did you get a third Mini?????

Smurf
26th July 2004, 04:01 PM
It was FANTASTIC guys! We had red, white and blue MINIs - my blue Cooper, CraigD's red Cooper, and 'auntie' hired a white One. Arrived in Callendar in convoy (got some strange looks!) tied colour coded balloons onto the cars, and assaulted the whole street! :) The wee lad was so taken aback, I've never seen him so quiet. All piled into the cars, and went for a wee run round some of the local roads - which really made his day apparently. He got home, took out all his Mini toys, and stuck the DVD on while we had lunch!!

The weather really helped too - it was SUCH a lovely day.

Thanks so much again to Craig and Judith - your part in the day was invaluable. Callum will be talking about that day for YEARS to come.......

:)